Author Topic: Not for Dogs.  (Read 2187 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Not for Dogs.
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »
Chocolate - everyone knows this
Macadamia nuts - so I've heard
Someone mentioned grapes in another thread (which I didn't know)

Is cheese ok in small amounts?

If anyone has any other "nibbles" which should be avoided, please post 'em up.  Cheers.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Not for Dogs.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »
cheese is like crack for my dogs...especially mozzarella cheese..
footloose and fancy free

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
Chocolate - everyone knows this
Macadamia nuts - so I've heard
Someone mentioned grapes in another thread (which I didn't know)

Is cheese ok in small amounts?

If anyone has any other "nibbles" which should be avoided, please post 'em up.  Cheers.

Other than the chocolate thing, I never really knew there are other toxic things - like grapes and raisins  :-\  Of course they love peanut butter (who doesn't  ;D

Once I baked a pan of brownies for a party and Keesha ended up eating the entire pan  :o  She was sick for days hurling brown crap like Linda Blair.
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »
Tapeworm, do you have a pic of your dog you would like to post  :)
R

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 01:11:04 AM »
Nah, maybe one of these days.

He's no showdog anyway.  :D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 03:23:19 PM »
Chocolate is only dangerous if there are two things going on; 1) its baking chocolate, 2) if the dog is allergic to it.

Onions are also bad for dogs, don't know why, but its in my girlfriends vet class.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »
Chocolate is only dangerous if there are two things going on; 1) its baking chocolate, 2) if the dog is allergic to it.

Onions are also bad for dogs, don't know why, but its in my girlfriends vet class.
my sister is a vet and says its only dark chocolate that fucks them up

bench

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »

Same thing...I heard oinions were bad

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:44:53 PM »
Macadamia Nuts are toxic to dogs but no known deaths have occurred.  They will experience nerve and muscle problems til they are out of there system.  I speak from experience, I had 2 dogs eat a can of them and then have to have charcoal down their throats.  I came to find out later it was too late for the charcoal because they ate them th night before and by the next morning they cleared their stomach.  Briona and Emmett were affected, Addie either didn't get any or not enough to affect her.  Emmett couldn't move his hind legs and I at first thought he had torn a tendon again. I rushed him to the vet and they thought he might of too so I brought him back home to wait to see the ortho vet and then I noticed Briona was acting all weird too and I remembered the macademias.  So I then had to get Emmett in to the truck and Bri and back to the emergency vet (this was a Sunday morning of course)  those poor dogs had so much charcoal tubed down their throats, especially Emmett!  And the both tolerated it and were well behaved.  Then the came home to let it wear off, Emmett was pretty twitchy for some time. 

So no macadamias!