Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Bodybuilding Boards => Positive Bodybuilding Discussion & Talk => Topic started by: bromel on April 06, 2023, 02:42:03 PM

Title: A bodybuilding scorecard (what is the country?)
Post by: bromel on April 06, 2023, 02:42:03 PM
Hi everyone  ;D

Just want to say that this is my very first post, so please excuse my naivety.

I was looking at a professional bodybuilding scorecard and was wondering in the field where it says 'Country' does this mean.

1. The country of where the competitor is born.
2. The country in which the person is a legal and recognised citizen.
3. The country where the competitor is currently living and a residence of.

Many thanks

Bromel
Title: Re: A bodybuilding scorecard (what is the country?)
Post by: lamarclark09 on June 08, 2023, 07:16:46 AM
Don’t know about this but you can also visit their sites if you want to know about them more in person.
Title: Re: A bodybuilding scorecard (what is the country?)
Post by: mphgrove on September 18, 2026, 09:21:52 AM
I am pretty sure it's the country where the competitor "SAYS" he or she is from.  I doubt the NPC checks any paperwork formally other than mailing address on NPC or IFBB card (unless something seems really off). They might contact their local representatives for verbal confirmations or when there may be concern about visas but I do not know any of this for sure.  I think it is just like TV quiz shows which announce the city the competitor says he or she wants announced.  After all, the IFBB and the NPC are way more like entertainment companies than world sports organizations. An example: no competitor in USA is asked to show anything other than a mailing address and, of course, the very expensive NPC or IFBB cards. Qualifying competitions (for example, in Europe or Middle East or Asia) have competitors from various countries; thus the qualifying competition does not say much about the competitor's country which he chooses to have announced.
Title: Re: A bodybuilding scorecard (what is the country?)
Post by: IroNat on September 18, 2026, 11:29:58 AM
Thanks for replying to this thread from 2023.

I was waiting for someone to provide a knowledgeable answer,