Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure
Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: IroNat on July 11, 2026, 04:53:30 AM
-
-
Lifting lighter weights helps you avoid this problem.
-
Lifting lighter weights helps you avoid this problem.
Light weights and high reps can also cause tendonitis.
It's even more likely.
-
Light weights and high reps can also cause tendonitis.
It's even more likely.
Not if you only train the muscle group once a week.
-
Not if you only train the muscle group once a week.
Tendonitis is an overuse injury so that goes for training heavy too.
As stated in the video, if you train a tendon before it recovers/heals then you make tendonitis more likely to occur.
You're more likely to cause tendonitis with higher volume.
To get a positive training effect with light weights you must train with more volume (higher reps).
-
“The video explains that tendons often fail to heal because of a cycle of repeated stress. When a tendon is injured, micro-tears form, and the body attempts to repair them. However, if you continue to subject the tendon to the same stressful movement before it has fully recovered, the rate of damage begins to exceed the rate of healing, preventing full recovery (1:54 - 2:13). The speaker notes that full healing typically takes between 6 weeks and 6 months (3:24 - 3:28).”
Wow. Groundbreaking. Repeated stress on an injured areas keeps it from healing! Who would have thought. Without this video, I would have been so lost. Thanks for such an informative video.
-
“The video explains that tendons often fail to heal because of a cycle of repeated stress. When a tendon is injured, micro-tears form, and the body attempts to repair them. However, if you continue to subject the tendon to the same stressful movement before it has fully recovered, the rate of damage begins to exceed the rate of healing, preventing full recovery (1:54 - 2:13). The speaker notes that full healing typically takes between 6 weeks and 6 months (3:24 - 3:28).”
Wow. Groundbreaking. Repeated stress on an injured areas keeps it from healing! Who would have thought. Without this video, I would have been so lost. Thanks for such an informative video.
I am glad you have learned something new today, SF.
-
“The video explains that tendons often fail to heal because of a cycle of repeated stress.”
Wow. Groundbreaking. Repeated stress on an injured areas keeps it from healing! Who would have thought. Without this video, I would have been so lost. Thanks for such an informative video.
Many people are new to lifting and don’t know this. Education is a continuous process.
Just like quality control at Autozone!
-
Many people are new to lifting and don’t know this. Education is a continuous process.
Just like quality control at Autozone!
MD, thank you for this. You are correct, learning is an ongoing process. Autozone has taught me this. Im constantly learning at Auto Zone!
-
MD, thank you for this. You are correct, learning is an ongoing process. Autozone has taught me this. Im constantly learning at Auto Zone!
SF gets my respect for his humility.
-
SF gets my respect for his humility.
SF is a good guy, as are you IronNat!
-
I have had a tendon injury for over 15 months... its finally getting there, I did it doing pull ups with 20k added
I still am not at a point where I will risk doing anything heavy on it yet
-
I have had a tendon injury for over 15 months... its finally getting there, I did it doing pull ups with 20k added
I still am not at a point where I will risk doing anything heavy on it yet
There's a part in the video about using eccentric contraction to promote healing of a tendon.
Interesting.
-
For the patella tendon what worked for me was bodyweight squats, but not going all the way up or down but keeping constant tension in a low range of motion.
-
To get a positive training effect with light weights you must train with more volume (higher reps).
Yup, as I said in another thread it's suggested you can get the same hypertrophic response across various rep ranges as long as you go to approximate failure. As a result of this assumption some say there's no need to do other than 5 rep sets, why take the pain and increased systemic stress of higher reps? LOL. As you say more volume can also cause tendonitis, perhaps even more likely. OTOH higher loads may increase the risk of outright tendon failure aka tears.
For the patella tendon what worked for me was bodyweight squats, but not going all the way up or down but keeping constant tension in a low range of motion.
I used to have recurring tendonitis above the knee where the quad attached, really hurt my lifting for extended periods. I always tried to keep chins vertical when squatting to transfer more of the load on the glutes and away from the knees. I then tried the 'knees over toes' type squatting, which seemingly should worsen knee pain but it did the opposite. My VMO was probably just too weak to handle heavy squats.
'Hindu squat' type of stuff
-
There's a part in the video about using eccentric contraction to promote healing of a tendon.
Interesting.
yes, you have to work them but not over work.. its a fine line
-
Tendonitis is an overuse injury so that goes for training heavy too.
As stated in the video, if you train a tendon before it recovers/heals then you make tendonitis more likely to occur.
You're more likely to cause tendonitis with higher volume.
To get a positive training effect with light weights you must train with more volume (higher reps).
Training high volume once a week per muscle group will not cause tendonitis. Tennis players don't get tennis elbow playing one day a week.
-
I only listen to tendon-related medical advices from bhanks
-
SF is a good guy, as are you IronNat!
SF is kind of a jerk!! >:(
-
SF is kind of a jerk!! >:(
He forget your birthday again?
-
He forget your birthday again?
Almost.
-
I only listen to tendon-related medical advices from bhanks
Also for diet and training advices.
(https://gifdb.com/images/high/im-not-kind-of-a-big-deal-0l9uc6zzyalopkut.gif)
-
Also for diet and training advices.
(https://gifdb.com/images/high/im-not-kind-of-a-big-deal-0l9uc6zzyalopkut.gif)
And fighting, and education, and.......
-
And fighting, and education, and.......
Anything and everything.
-
Light weights and high reps can also cause tendonitis.
It's even more likely.
I believe it. For example, when I squat heavy, I have no issues with the movement and no lingering knee issues afterwards. If I go light cause I'm lazy and don't feel like lifting heavy, the movement feels awkward and I have knee pain for days and have trouble getting up from sitting.
-
Also for diet and training advices.
(https://gifdb.com/images/high/im-not-kind-of-a-big-deal-0l9uc6zzyalopkut.gif)
Thanks Muammar Gaddafi and/or Carlos Santana!
-
I believe it. For example, when I squat heavy, I have no issues with the movement and no lingering knee issues afterwards. If I go light cause I'm lazy and don't feel like lifting heavy, the movement feels awkward and I have knee pain for days and have trouble getting up from sitting.
If you have any knee pain, take it easy or take the day off.
Your symptoms sound almost exactly like mine 11 months ago. For those who didn't know, I tore two quadriceps tendons and completely ruptured one at the gym doing leg presses. I was using weights that I normally used. I had 11 plates a side (which I did for 8 reps the previous week). I wasn't feeling strong and a tad tired.
So I decided to "take it easy" and that set with 11 plates would be my last. I was going to stop at 5 reps; the rupture occurred at rep 4. Surgery and being in a locked leg brace for a month absolutely SUCKED.
-
Who says tendons never heal???
-
Who says tendons never heal???
The guy in the vid.
-
“The video explains that tendons often fail to heal because of a cycle of repeated stress. When a tendon is injured, micro-tears form, and the body attempts to repair them. However, if you continue to subject the tendon to the same stressful movement before it has fully recovered, the rate of damage begins to exceed the rate of healing, preventing full recovery (1:54 - 2:13). The speaker notes that full healing typically takes between 6 weeks and 6 months (3:24 - 3:28).”
Wow. Groundbreaking. Repeated stress on an injured areas keeps it from healing! Who would have thought. Without this video, I would have been so lost. Thanks for such an informative video.
Full healing will take somewhere between six to 26 weeks :D
-
A buddy tore his bicep and had it reattached. He claims he was fully back 6 weeks post-op; he was told it would take 6-12 months. He did take GH but it sounded insane to me regardless. Tendons have poor blood flow which is part of why they take long to heal; BPC-157 is supposed to increase the formation of blood vessels and also increases GH receptors in tendon and bone but I don't know to what extent.
-
For distal tendon injury just do Rich Piana style 10 pound high rep biceps curls super setted with standing triceps extensions every day.
All the blood flow will fix heal your tendon in a week, try and thank me later.
-
For distal tendon injury just do Rich Piana style 10 pound high rep biceps curls super setted with standing triceps extensions every day.
All the blood flow will fix heal your tendon in a week, try and thank me later.
It worked for Rich. :-\
-
For distal tendon injury just do Rich Piana style 10 pound high rep biceps curls super setted with standing triceps extensions every day.
All the blood flow will fix heal your tendon in a week, try and thank me later.
But what is the stack?
-
A buddy tore his bicep and had it reattached. He claims he was fully back 6 weeks post-op; he was told it would take 6-12 months. He did take GH but it sounded insane to me regardless. Tendons have poor blood flow which is part of why they take long to heal; BPC-157 is supposed to increase the formation of blood vessels and also increases GH receptors in tendon and bone but I don't know to what extent.
What is his definition of fully back? I recently was having tendonitis in my R elbow and tore my distal tricep. Had surgery and was in a splint of 6 weeks. Took me 6 months to be fully back to 100% strength.
-
What is his definition of fully back? I recently was having tendonitis in my R elbow and tore my distal tricep. Had surgery and was in a splint of 6 weeks. Took me 6 months to be fully back to 100% strength.
He said he had a homemade preacher bench set-up at home and he started moving it immediately and by 6 weeks he was lifting max weights. He said his surgeon put like a "bolt" through his tendon into his bone, and that may not be what is commonly done. The guy is a competitive BB and strong as 270lbs off-season heavy juicers are. It sounded crazy but I don't see why he would lie to me; perhaps his procedure allowed for faster recovery, not sure.
I've told this story before, but when I had my reattachment done I saw the surgeon at 12 weeks post-op and he asked me how my rehabbing was going. I said I was training it carefully with fairly light weights still. He said, no, no, by now you should be at max effort lifting. We don't want you sort of back, we want you 100% back at your previous strength LOL. Just don't yank it or do anything crazy but really load it.
-
I'd like to believe such rapid healing can take place but I'm doubtful.
The incision alone would only reach 50% healing in 4-6 weeks.
-
He said he had a homemade preacher bench set-up at home and he started moving it immediately and by 6 weeks he was lifting max weights. He said his surgeon put like a "bolt" through his tendon into his bone, and that may not be what is commonly done. The guy is a competitive BB and strong as 270lbs off-season heavy juicers are. It sounded crazy but I don't see why he would lie to me; perhaps his procedure allowed for faster recovery, not sure.
I've told this story before, but when I had my reattachment done I saw the surgeon at 12 weeks post-op and he asked me how my rehabbing was going. I said I was training it carefully with fairly light weights still. He said, no, no, by now you should be at max effort lifting. We don't want you sort of back, we want you 100% back at your previous strength LOL. Just don't yank it or do anything crazy but really load it.
Mine was sewed back together because it was a complete tear then pinned down. Everyone I have seen that completely tore their beicep or tricep tendon are placed in a brace for at least 6 weeks. Then they start with gentle ROM until they get full ROM then progress to strengthening exercises.
-
I'd like to believe such rapid healing can take place but I'm doubtful.
The incision alone would only reach 50% healing in 4-6 weeks.
That's what I thought too but OTOH I don't know why he would make that up. I asked him to repeat what he just said and he elaborated on his protocol.
Mine was sewed back together because it was a complete tear then pinned down. Everyone I have seen that completely tore their beicep or tricep tendon are placed in a brace for at least 6 weeks. Then they start with gentle ROM until they get full ROM then progress to strengthening exercises.
I took my brace off early and didn't wear the sling like I was supposed to, just didn't use the arm for a while. I had full ROM immediately, for some reason mine didn't tighten up. But then I was told I was lifting too light at 12 weeks out.
I was only lightly sedated where you still hear and can answer questions. They told me just as they were finishing up I yelled fuck that hurts so they fully put me under with manual ventilation. No memory of that. Edit: now that I think back I do remember them saying they would fully sedate me and I was like no, no, no, since I had been on a ventilator twice and was afraid of dying and paranoid. "It's just a little more of the same drug."
Now my distal bicep on my other arm is torn and I'm unsure if I can get surgery in time :'(
-
^^^ How much weight are you lifting to sustain all these injuries?
-
Many people are new to lifting and don’t know this. Education is a continuous process.
Just like quality control at Autozone!
Take Ronnie Coleman for instance, I hope is not too late for him .
WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHH
-
Fuck the tendons. Bhanks doesn’t even let his toenails heal. A cadaver’s tendon will do just fine.
-
Fuck the tendons. Bhanks doesn’t even let his toenails heal. A cadaver’s tendon will do just fine.
Bhanky is not human.
-
The guy in the vid.
Bro...
-
^^^ How much weight are you lifting to sustain all these injuries?
Recently I was lifting for the first time since I got out of hospital. My arms and everything else was very atrophied and I was really weak. I was going to do a single on deads with 350 and the bicep snapped. I mean I have deadlifted 300kg/660lbs plus almost every single week for 25 years straight and it tore on some bullshit load so it might be that I was more susceptible because I had lost so much muscle. The arm in that pic tore when I lifted one end of a welding machine on wheels into a shipping container. I'm just very weak and fragile genetically, they call me the porcelain man at the gym. Arm looks like Dorian's now :'(
A cadaver’s tendon will do just fine.
I'd need cadaver achilles tendons on my arms and everywhere else. Except I doubt I could psychologically handle having cadaver parts. Anyone else think it's disgusting? I know most of those hand and face transplant recipients ultimately can't handle it.
-
Recently I was lifting for the first time since I got out of hospital. My arms and everything else was very atrophied and I was really weak. I was going to do a single on deads with 350 and the bicep snapped. I mean I have deadlifted 300kg/660lbs plus almost every single week for 25 years straight and it tore on some bullshit load so it might be that I was more susceptible because I had lost so much muscle. The arm in that pic tore when I lifted one end of a welding machine on wheels into a shipping container. I'm just very weak and fragile genetically, they call me the porcelain man at the gym. Arm looks like Dorian's now :'(
I'd need cadaver achilles tendons on my arms and everywhere else. Except I doubt I could psychologically handle having cadaver parts. Anyone else think it's disgusting? I know most of those hand and face transplant recipients ultimately can't handle it.
Once you heal up stick to bodyweight exercises and dynamic tension.
-
You might try those elastic bands that are used for rehab.
-
Once you heal up stick to bodyweight exercises and dynamic tension.
You might try those elastic bands that are used for rehab.
I can never quit doing some nice squats and deads with "heavy" weights. People always say deads is the one to avoid for safety reasons but I consider it one of the safest exercises. The supinated arm is one legit worry and it finally happened to me too after 35 years of maxing out. Ironically just a minute before I popped my bicep I yelled at my training partner to keep his arm straight. Years of yelling "arm straight, arm straight!!!" and then I fucked up myself :D
I have some elastic bands from the hospital but I couldn't find anything sturdy to attach it to in my apartment the other day LOL. I also have some putty they gave me at one time to regain grip strength :D They actually tested my strength with an electronic gripper after the covid ventilator disaster.
I agree with Jon Pall. And I'm actually serious. Fucked up priorities and values? :D
-
You might try those elastic bands that are used for rehab.
Just to rehab yourself a bit, not forever.
-
I’m dealing with it my forearm/brachiallis. Could be Rts too. Doc appointment in a couple weeks. Going on 6 weeks of this bullshit. Ran some bpc157. Fuckin waste.
-
Just to rehab yourself a bit, not forever.
Yup I know bro, though bands in general are a fantastic addition to many "heavy" exercises IMO. If your body aches in a squat type movement on a machine or smith press the addition of bands makes it feel much more gentle on your joints while making it "harder," at least in my experience.
Banded deads is the KING of exercises if you want to experience the most MAX effort and the maximum PAIN your body and mind is capable of :D
This shit felt like 900lbs at the top and I've done lockouts with 900. When a group of us started trying out these bands some of us missed with a bar loaded with 135lbs. Has to be experienced to understand how awesome heavy banded deads feel :D
-
Ran some bpc157. Fuckin waste.
I didn't notice anything from it either.
As far as I know there is ONE single human "study" on it and it was like 12 subjects with knee pain and after they just answered a questionnaire whether they had less pain, but most peptide activists act like it's "proven" it does this and that. On the other hand there are so many independent testimonials saying it's wonderful so you"d think there's something to it. But I don't like how there's little to no scientific evidence on what an effective dose even is. What if really started working at 1000mg per day?
-
But what is the stack?
Bhanks made a video with his stack.
It’s coffee, protein, and collagen protein.
It not only will regrow a tendon, but even the hair on the top of your head.