Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: pamith on July 28, 2026, 03:43:28 AM

Title: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on July 28, 2026, 03:43:28 AM
Lately I'm feeling the black album may be Metallica's best album ever
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Rambone on July 28, 2026, 04:25:36 AM
Oh, Pamith!
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Van_Bilderass on July 28, 2026, 04:29:51 AM
Controversial topic! Please guys, let's play nice so it doesn't get shut down.

Who likes the band Death? I do.

Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on July 28, 2026, 04:35:03 AM
Controversial topic! Please guys, let's play nice so it doesn't get shut down.

Who likes the band Death? I do.


I do, great band!
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on July 28, 2026, 04:35:38 AM
Oh, Pamith!
Bro...
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: wes on July 28, 2026, 04:55:02 AM
(https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oKkAAOSwHrlcNIUy/s-l960.webp)

(https://us.rarevinyl.com/cdn/shop/files/santana-santana-iii-quad-ex-us-vinyl-lp-album-record-867400c.jpg?v=1750349447&width=1280)

Listen to Santana III and enlighten yourself dude.....smoke a joint, or drop some window pane acid with a strobe light,light up some patchouli oil incense, and glow in the dark felt posters for the full effect!!

 8)
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on July 28, 2026, 05:38:18 AM
(https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oKkAAOSwHrlcNIUy/s-l960.webp)

(https://us.rarevinyl.com/cdn/shop/files/santana-santana-iii-quad-ex-us-vinyl-lp-album-record-867400c.jpg?v=1750349447&width=1280)

Listen to Santana III and enlighten yourself dude.....smoke a joint, or drop some window pane acid with a strobe light,light up some patchouli oil incense, and glow in the dark felt posters for the full effect!!

 8)
Bro...
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: ProudVirgin69 on July 28, 2026, 10:04:21 AM
Master of Puppets is more cohesive and better sounding to me.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: ThisisOverload on July 28, 2026, 07:55:52 PM
No, it was when they turned for the worst.

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are far superior.

Kill'em All and And Justice for All are not far behind.

Black album and anything afterwards are not worth discussing.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: BB on July 28, 2026, 09:00:14 PM
Kill'em All is the one I've reached for the most over the years.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: JK on July 28, 2026, 11:14:38 PM
My favorite Metallica album is Master of Puppets
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: JK on July 28, 2026, 11:17:51 PM
No, it was when they turned for the worst.

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are far superior.

Kill'em All and And Justice for All are not far behind.

Black album and anything afterwards are not worth discussing.
I agree with you, but I also personally like the 2003 album St. Anger, which I occasionally put on at the gym while training
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Van_Bilderass on July 28, 2026, 11:32:13 PM
At the time I thought the black album was still good. Though I think this is where they started thinking about what would have mass appeal. That's when it starts to not feel like genuine artistic expression :D
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Grape Ape on July 29, 2026, 12:27:18 PM
No, it was when they turned for the worst.

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are far superior.

Kill'em All and And Justice for All are not far behind.

Black album and anything afterwards are not worth discussing.

Eh, Death Magnetic wasn't bad, and All Nightmare Long was the closest thing to an epic song they wrote since the AJFA album.

But most of the Black Album and everything in between that was poop.  I didn't hate Hardwired, as it has some decent songs, but nothing spectacular.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: chaos on July 29, 2026, 12:30:02 PM
Controversial topic! Please guys, let's play nice so it doesn't get shut down.

Who likes the band Death? I do.


That's not Metallica or a song from the Black album.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Vince G, CSN MFT on July 29, 2026, 01:48:48 PM
Lately I'm feeling the black album may be Metallica's best album ever

you're right
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Rambone on July 29, 2026, 02:41:41 PM
I could’ve sworn Vince was more of a Load kinda guy
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: ThisisOverload on July 29, 2026, 06:31:57 PM
Though I think this is where they started thinking about what would have mass appeal.

Exactly. It's when they focused on marketing. Cut their hair, started to hit high vocal notes like boy bands.

It has some good songs, but I see it as Metallica 2.0.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: ThisisOverload on July 29, 2026, 06:34:50 PM
Kill'em All is the one I've reached for the most over the years.

It is revered as their greatest album, and I agree as I don't think I could choose just one favorite.

For its time, it is almost untouchable.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: _bruce_ on July 30, 2026, 09:18:59 AM
I could’ve sworn Vince was more of a Load kinda guy

Most likely places an 18" woofer close to his rectum to really feel those palm muted down strokes.

It's a great album but beyond what "real" Metallica had stood for - the Black album is a "radio approved" record for the proles.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Rambone on July 30, 2026, 09:20:36 AM
Most likely places an 18" woofer close to his rectum to really feel those palm muted down strokes.

It's a great album but beyond what "real" Metallica had stood for - the Black album is a "radio approved" record for the proles.

Lmao!!!
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Grape Ape on July 30, 2026, 11:20:06 AM


It has some good songs, but I see it as Metallica 2.0.

Yup.

The videos were complete cringe.

Which was disappointing because they didn't jump on the bandwagon with videos early, until they released One, which was really cool.

Then they lost their edge and made songs like "Hero of the Day" or something....
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: Rambone on July 30, 2026, 12:47:26 PM
I liked that era, but I was also in middle school at the time. I also liked the S&M collab with the San Francisco Symphony and was just listening to it yesterday (NO HOMOOOOOOOO)

Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: chaos on July 30, 2026, 02:16:48 PM
I think the only song I've heard since the Black album was that Whisky in a Jar song.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: ThisisOverload on July 30, 2026, 05:48:30 PM
Yup.

The videos were complete cringe.

Which was disappointing because they didn't jump on the bandwagon with videos early, until they released One, which was really cool.

Then they lost their edge and made songs like "Hero of the Day" or something....

Very true.

I basically stopped listening to Metallica completely after they released the song Fuel.

One of the dumbest songs ever, and I heard it on the radio everywhere I went, which made me hate it more.
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: AbrahamG on July 30, 2026, 06:44:28 PM
I celebrate their entire catalogue. 
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on August 04, 2026, 09:02:35 AM
I think the only song I've heard since the Black album was that Whisky in a Jar song.
Bro...
Title: Re: Is the black album the best Metallica album?
Post by: pamith on August 04, 2026, 09:04:02 AM
Very true.

I basically stopped listening to Metallica completely after they released the song Fuel.

One of the dumbest songs ever, and I heard it on the radio everywhere I went, which made me hate it more.
Fuel is a great song, relax