Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: falco on August 06, 2026, 03:20:34 AM

Title: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: falco on August 06, 2026, 03:20:34 AM
No homo:



The glow in his eyes.. He really enjoyed it.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Donny on August 06, 2026, 03:26:48 AM
Drugs, thongs, ...Fags  :D
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Pet shop boys on August 06, 2026, 04:32:32 AM
Drugs, thongs, ...Fags  :D

And lots of shiny baby oil' (Diddy's voice)


WOoosSSHHHHHHHHHHHH   Vintage Genetics
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: BayGBM on August 06, 2026, 05:56:41 AM
They're not even pretending anymore.....just straight "gayness for sale".  :-\

 ;D
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 06, 2026, 06:13:09 AM
Becoming?
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on August 06, 2026, 06:28:53 AM



 At 4:31, Bob Chick states that "Jerome is loopy, he's on Queer Street for God's sake". Not sure if Bob is hinting at something, or spilling the beans on the dark seedy part of the sport?
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: mphgrove on August 06, 2026, 06:47:44 AM
;D

Come on, this is a NEW development?? Here’s Big Boy Tony Pearson years ago getting yelled at and all schmoed over.

Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: beakdoctor on August 06, 2026, 02:43:43 PM
Modern pro bodybuilding makes me not want to lift weights. There's no longer a need for it. It's not healthy. It doesn't look good. I realize they put a lot of effort into their workouts,  at least I assume they do. Either way, there's no bodybuilder in the top 6 at the Mr Olympia that I want to look like. Hell, not even the top 10. In fact the better a guy looks, chances are he places lower at the show. There's no 'art' to it. There's no emphasis placed on posing.  I don't even think there's a posing round anymore. Just a massive dude with a thong pulled up his ass. Purple in color and breathing heavily. Aside from the actual training its very effeminate and unhealthy. It truly has turned into a freak show.

Imo its not much different than a tranny taking hormones and getting facial surgeries to look a certain way. Especially for the female bodybuilders who are literally doing the exact same thing as trannies- taking the predominant sex hormones of the opposite gender. Though I would fuck the wig off of Andrea Shaw. No homo.

Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 07, 2026, 05:52:55 AM
Modern pro bodybuilding makes me not want to lift weights. There's no longer a need for it. It's not healthy. It doesn't look good. I realize they put a lot of effort into their workouts,  at least I assume they do. Either way, there's no bodybuilder in the top 6 at the Mr Olympia that I want to look like. Hell, not even the top 10. In fact the better a guy looks, chances are he places lower at the show. There's no 'art' to it. There's no emphasis placed on posing.  I don't even think there's a posing round anymore. Just a massive dude with a thong pulled up his ass. Purple in color and breathing heavily. Aside from the actual training its very effeminate and unhealthy. It truly has turned into a freak show.

Imo its not much different than a tranny taking hormones and getting facial surgeries to look a certain way. Especially for the female bodybuilders who are literally doing the exact same thing as trannies- taking the predominant sex hormones of the opposite gender. Though I would fuck the wig off of Andrea Shaw. No homo.
You get the physical benefits of lifting. Why would you let what competitive bodybuilders are doing influence you?
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: ProudVirgin69 on August 07, 2026, 08:53:03 AM
Becoming?


Literally what i came to post  :D
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Gym Rat on August 07, 2026, 10:02:24 AM
Very ghey endeavor... Almost as ghey as those "Men in Sandals" movies.... GHEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: joswift on August 07, 2026, 10:06:02 AM
Modern pro bodybuilding makes me not want to lift weights. There's no longer a need for it. It's not healthy. It doesn't look good. I realize they put a lot of effort into their workouts,  at least I assume they do. Either way, there's no bodybuilder in the top 6 at the Mr Olympia that I want to look like. Hell, not even the top 10. In fact the better a guy looks, chances are he places lower at the show. There's no 'art' to it. There's no emphasis placed on posing.  I don't even think there's a posing round anymore. Just a massive dude with a thong pulled up his ass. Purple in color and breathing heavily. Aside from the actual training its very effeminate and unhealthy. It truly has turned into a freak show.

Imo its not much different than a tranny taking hormones and getting facial surgeries to look a certain way. Especially for the female bodybuilders who are literally doing the exact same thing as trannies- taking the predominant sex hormones of the opposite gender. Though I would fuck the wig off of Andrea Shaw. No homo.

they may as well let the Brazilian synthol guys enter now with all the oil Lunsford and Andrew Jacked re injecting
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: beakdoctor on August 07, 2026, 05:02:02 PM
You get the physical benefits of lifting. Why would you let what competitive bodybuilders are doing influence you?

Its more rhetorical.

Looking at bodybuilders of the 70's motivated me to want to lift in order to look like them.

Looking at modern pro bodybuilders doesn't produce the same motivation.

I used to look at the bodybuilders of the 70's and 80's as superman. I look at today's pro's as circus freaks. If I were growing up today and I saw a bodybuiling magazine, id probably flip through it, put it back on the rack and move on to boxing or X sports or sprinting or something along those lines. But it wouldn't motivate me to want to lift in order to look like them.

But Looking at platz in 81 or Padilla or Berry Demey or Mike Christian all made me want to go lift and look like them.... or try to. Here it is 40 years later and im still trying.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: wes on August 07, 2026, 10:35:53 PM
Its more rhetorical.

Looking at bodybuilders of the 70's motivated me to want to lift in order to look like them.

Looking at modern pro bodybuilders doesn't produce the same motivation.

I used to look at the bodybuilders of the 70's and 80's as superman. I look at today's pro's as circus freaks. If I were growing up today and I saw a bodybuiling magazine, id probably flip through it, put it back on the rack and move on to boxing or X sports or sprinting or something along those lines. But it wouldn't motivate me to want to lift in order to look like them.

But Looking at platz in 81 or Padilla or Berry Demey or Mike Christian all made me want to go lift and look like them.... or try to. Here it is 40 years later and im still trying.
I know just what you mean Beak........as a kid training in my cellar,when the new magazines came out,me and my training partner tore into the weights like crazy....they inspired up,we got psyched to train with unbridled enthusiasm (nh)............todays guys make me ashamed to have ever even trained...........they look like hammered shit,and do nothing at all for my enthusiasm to train unlike back in the day!!  :(
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: beakdoctor on August 08, 2026, 07:52:41 AM
I know just what you mean Beak........as a kid training in my cellar,when the new magazines came out,me and my training partner tore into the weights like crazy....they inspired up,we got psyched to train with unbridled enthusiasm (nh)............todays guys make me ashamed to have ever even trained...........they look like hammered shit,and do nothing at all for my enthusiasm to train unlike back in the day!!  :(

X2. Exactly.  I still train because I want to have a physique like Casey Viator or Serge Nubret, it doesn't matter that I never will! It's still what motivates me. I had subscriptions to Flex and M&F and after I read them I'd cut out the best pictures of bodybuilders training, or their best pictures, and tape them to the wall of my basement gym. Even when I was totally spent and had worked out for hours, I'd look at one of those pictures and force myself to do another set!

I don't want to bash the new thing because I don't want to sound like my parents but fuck, looking at the current game is depressing.  I remember my Dad showing me pumping iron in the 80's when we got our first VHS player. Then I remember showing him pictures of Lou Feriggno from that FIBO with him Yates and Victor Richards, and my dad looked at them like "What the hell happened? That's far too much. Why are they that big now?" Maybe that was too extreme,  but now its not just too extreme,  its too fucking gay. For real. Honestly,  I was at the airport news stand when the final issue of MD came out, so I bought it. Reading it on the plane I realized people around me kept glancing at it and a wave of embarrassment came over me. I quickly shoved it in my backpack. LOL.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 08, 2026, 06:08:55 PM
I've been a huge 'bodybuilding fan' all my life but live bodybuilding shows were always extremely boring, back when I went to some shows to support friends who were competing. Now it would make me feel dirty just watching this sexualized shit. I know there are a few guys on Getbig like me who are 'fans' of bb without seeing anything sexual in it, it's possible, unlike what BayGay thinks.

Back in the 80s I could look at magazine pics and they were pleasant to look at due to the Art Zeller realistic style of photography, then the style changed, you had the early photoshop and wide angle lenses which made it all look fake, like absolute shit. A few years ago all the "studio session" pics made the bodybuilders look like paintings, stage pics were enhanced to the point it wasn't the 'real' bodybuilder anymore.

TBF back in the day some of the bodybuilders weren't that pleasant to look at from an aesthetic POV and the posing wasn't all that great either, e.g. Mike Katz.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: wes on August 08, 2026, 08:00:28 PM
X2. Exactly.  I still train because I want to have a physique like Casey Viator or Serge Nubret, it doesn't matter that I never will! It's still what motivates me. I had subscriptions to Flex and M&F and after I read them I'd cut out the best pictures of bodybuilders training, or their best pictures, and tape them to the wall of my basement gym. Even when I was totally spent and had worked out for hours, I'd look at one of those pictures and force myself to do another set!

I don't want to bash the new thing because I don't want to sound like my parents but fuck, looking at the current game is depressing.  I remember my Dad showing me pumping iron in the 80's when we got our first VHS player. Then I remember showing him pictures of Lou Feriggno from that FIBO with him Yates and Victor Richards, and my dad looked at them like "What the hell happened? That's far too much. Why are they that big now?" Maybe that was too extreme,  but now its not just too extreme,  its too fucking gay. For real. Honestly,  I was at the airport news stand when the final issue of MD came out, so I bought it. Reading it on the plane I realized people around me kept glancing at it and a wave of embarrassment came over me. I quickly shoved it in my backpack. LOL.
X 2.......all except for the airplane part of the story !!   :D
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: mphgrove on August 09, 2026, 06:38:28 AM
X 2.......all except for the airplane part of the story !!   :D

In regard to the airplane, it pays to be careful. I was once at a Newsstand and one of two uniformed Marine buddies was thumbing through a copy of Physique Pictorial. Probably just from a bodybuilder perspective, but I did scratch my head and definitely took note.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 10, 2026, 06:24:03 AM
X2. Exactly.  I still train because I want to have a physique like Casey Viator or Serge Nubret, it doesn't matter that I never will! It's still what motivates me. I had subscriptions to Flex and M&F and after I read them I'd cut out the best pictures of bodybuilders training, or their best pictures, and tape them to the wall of my basement gym. Even when I was totally spent and had worked out for hours, I'd look at one of those pictures and force myself to do another set!

I don't want to bash the new thing because I don't want to sound like my parents but fuck, looking at the current game is depressing.  I remember my Dad showing me pumping iron in the 80's when we got our first VHS player. Then I remember showing him pictures of Lou Feriggno from that FIBO with him Yates and Victor Richards, and my dad looked at them like "What the hell happened? That's far too much. Why are they that big now?" Maybe that was too extreme,  but now its not just too extreme,  its too fucking gay. For real. Honestly,  I was at the airport news stand when the final issue of MD came out, so I bought it. Reading it on the plane I realized people around me kept glancing at it and a wave of embarrassment came over me. I quickly shoved it in my backpack. LOL.
When normies see pics of bodybuilders they think they are looking at aliens or something.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: joswift on August 10, 2026, 08:05:04 AM
X2. Exactly.  I still train because I want to have a physique like Casey Viator or Serge Nubret, it doesn't matter that I never will! It's still what motivates me. I had subscriptions to Flex and M&F and after I read them I'd cut out the best pictures of bodybuilders training, or their best pictures, and tape them to the wall of my basement gym. Even when I was totally spent and had jerked off for hours, I'd look at one of those pictures and force myself to do another wank

I don't want to bash the new thing because I don't want to sound like my parents but fuck, looking at the current game is depressing.  I remember my Dad showing me pumping iron in the 80's when we got our first VHS player. Then I remember showing him pictures of Lou Feriggno from that FIBO with him Yates and Victor Richards, and my dad looked at them like "What the hell happened? That's far too much. Why are they that big now?" Maybe that was too extreme,  but now its not just too extreme,  its too fucking gay. For real. Honestly,  I was at the airport news stand when the final issue of MD came out, so I bought it. Reading it on the plane I realized people around me kept glancing at it and a wave of embarrassment came over me. I quickly shoved it in my backpack. LOL.

fixed
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: beakdoctor on August 10, 2026, 06:17:23 PM
fixed

No no no. That's royalty you're thinking of.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: jude2 on August 10, 2026, 08:03:10 PM
I hope he is not going in the open class.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: obsidian on August 11, 2026, 12:50:06 AM
No homo:



The glow in his eyes.. He really enjoyed it.
Good physique, terrible posing. Pose like Arnold, Dorian, Haney, etc. Why does this basic common sense fact elude them? All these goofy hand and arm gestures at the audience comes across desperate. What about the cupped ear pose to indicate you don't hear what they are saying - lmao!
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 11, 2026, 05:03:42 AM
Good physique, terrible posing. Pose like Arnold, Dorian, Haney, etc. Why does this basic common sense fact elude them? All these goofy hand and arm gestures at the audience comes across desperate. What about the cupped ear pose to indicate you don't hear what they are saying - lmao!

And they give the best poser awards to the fag posers, not masterful posers like Dorian.
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: pamith on August 11, 2026, 05:47:02 AM
Brutal if true
Title: Re: Bodybuilding is becoming a male strip performance.
Post by: robcguns on August 13, 2026, 11:52:20 AM
So fucking gay.