Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: MCWAY on August 12, 2026, 06:16:34 PM

Title: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 12, 2026, 06:16:34 PM
On August 12, 2025, I ruptured my left quadriceps tendons while doing leg presses. Three weeks later, I had surgery and had my leg in a locked brace for months. Rehab followed and life was PAINFUL, to say the least.

My leg shrunk to a twig; my wife and kids had to help me get around the house and drive me to work. Even our family trip to Jamaica was less than stellar for me.

I'm pleased to report that I finished rehab in January. I got to train everything but legs (outside of rehab). Now, my left leg is about 90% of what my right leg is. I lost 15 lbs during the ordeal. I weight 245 when I got injured, after which I dropped to 230.

I had a new quest: To be better than I was before the injury. I wanted to reach a personal record of 260. Right now, I'm 254. My goal is to hit 260 before New Year's Eve.

I have about three months left. Here we go!!!

Hopefully, you never endure what I have. But, if you do, you can rebuild stronger than ever.

Eat, Drink, and be Massive, my brothers!!!

MCWAY

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Irongrip400 on August 12, 2026, 06:28:28 PM
On August 12, 2005, I ruptured my left quadriceps tendons while doing leg presses. Three weeks later, I had surgery and had my leg in a locked brace for months. Rehab followed and life was PAINFUL, to say the least.

My leg shrunk to a twig; my wife and kids had to help me get around the house and drive me to work. Even our family trip to Jamaica was less than stellar for me.

I'm pleased to report that I finished rehab in January. I got to train everything but legs (outside of rehab). Now, my left leg is about 90% of what my right leg is. I lost 15 lbs during the ordeal. I weight 245 when I got injured, after which I dropped to 230.

I had a new quest: To be better than I was before the injury. I wanted to reach a personal record of 260. Right now, I'm 254. My goal is to hit 260 before New Year's Eve.

I have about three months left. Here we go!!!

Hopefully, you never endure what I have. But, if you do, you can rebuild stronger than ever.

Eat, Drink, and be Massive, my brothers!!!

MCWAY


2005 or 2025?

Also, 260lbs, how tall are you?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 12, 2026, 06:34:41 PM
On August 12, 2005, I ruptured my left quadriceps tendons while doing leg presses. Three weeks later, I had surgery and had my leg in a locked brace for months. Rehab followed and life was PAINFUL, to say the least.

My leg shrunk to a twig; my wife and kids had to help me get around the house and drive me to work. Even our family trip to Jamaica was less than stellar for me.

I'm pleased to report that I finished rehab in January. I got to train everything but legs (outside of rehab). Now, my left leg is about 90% of what my right leg is. I lost 15 lbs during the ordeal. I weight 245 when I got injured, after which I dropped to 230.

I had a new quest: To be better than I was before the injury. I wanted to reach a personal record of 260. Right now, I'm 254. My goal is to hit 260 before New Year's Eve.

I have about three months left. Here we go!!!

Hopefully, you never endure what I have. But, if you do, you can rebuild stronger than ever.

Eat, Drink, and be Massive, my brothers!!!

MCWAY

Great, another anniversary thread !!! 

Please do another WBF anniversary thread soon. Thanks!
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 12, 2026, 06:52:59 PM

2005 or 2025?

Also, 260lbs, how tall are you?

Typo again. That should have been 2025.

Since I shaved my head, I'm 5'9". ;D
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 12, 2026, 06:53:40 PM
Great, another anniversary thread !!! 

Please do another WBF anniversary thread soon. Thanks!

Wait until June 13 of next year!! ;D
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 12, 2026, 07:14:40 PM
In a related story, Pet Shop Boys had an unbelievable dream about Ronnie last night!

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 12, 2026, 07:26:10 PM
if you see Raymondo, tell him to bring back some souvenirs from the Canary Islands 
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Dave D on August 12, 2026, 07:54:37 PM
McWay you’re pushing 50+…. Shouldn’t you focus on slimming down brother?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Bevo on August 12, 2026, 08:42:27 PM
By any chance does Mcway resemble Goodrum?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Bevo on August 12, 2026, 08:44:29 PM
McWay you’re pushing 50+…. Shouldn’t you focus on slimming down brother?
;D

X2

A 5’9 guy trying to push 260 at his age, what else could go wrong  ;D go for 300
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: wes on August 13, 2026, 02:51:09 AM
Congrats on your recovery........bulk up,get ripped or whatever,just don`t ever quit !
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: IroNat on August 13, 2026, 04:07:05 AM
Congrats on battling back from the injury.

I suggest adding 1 pint of canola oil to your supplement regimen.

(https://i5.walmartimages.com/seo/Great-Value-Canola-Oil-48-fl-oz_a5dfe25e-eb1c-4a4e-99b1-eaafaabd596b.f280c1140f21e3ec9709007f545d66f6.jpeg)

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 13, 2026, 06:27:18 AM
Never lift heavy again.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: chaos on August 13, 2026, 06:40:29 AM
Typo again. That should have been 2025.

Since I shaved my head, I'm 5'9". ;D
You should wait until you're fully grown before trying to get up to 260lbs.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 13, 2026, 07:28:50 AM
McWay you’re pushing 50+…. Shouldn’t you focus on slimming down brother?

I slimmed down when I tore my quad last year. It was not by choice and it sucked.



Congrats on your recovery........bulk up,get ripped or whatever,just don`t ever quit !

Thank you. If I can still hit the iron in a leg brace, I figure I can beat my personal best records. ;D

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on August 13, 2026, 08:13:24 AM
Glad to hear you're healing.

Are there any lower body movements you won't do anymore? Will you train lower body different at all compared to how you used to?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 13, 2026, 07:25:44 PM
Glad to hear you're healing.

Are there any lower body movements you won't do anymore? Will you train lower body different at all compared to how you used to?

Tuesday marked the first time since August 12, 2025 that I used the very leg press on which I got injured. I didn't go higher than six plates per side. Prior to my injury, I would have gone as high (typically) as 11-12 places for 6-8 reps. On occasion, I've gone as high as 14 plates for three reps.

It turns out I got diagnosed as having "jumper's knee". My tendons got inflamed just from years of wear and tear and last August was the final straw.

Notwithstanding rehab, I went to the kiddie table (as it were) and used the Strive leg press machine for a few months. Then, going as old school as possible (inspired by pics of Arnold and seeing some women doing this maneuver), I started doing vertical leg presses using the Smith machine. It put far less stress on my knees and tendons.

Since Crunch bought out 24-Hour Fitness, the folks there have put way more leg equipment in the weight room, doubling the amount of squat racks and adding other leg/butt equipment like the belt squat machine (plate-loaded). They also have a safety-squat bar, with the pads on them.

If I do squats, I use one of those two options.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 13, 2026, 07:41:27 PM
It's close to impossible to hit new high muscular weight at that age unless it's all fat. If you got on roids then maybe, but even then it would be a feat. But if you just want to be big and strong then go for it.

A training partner did veftical presses on the smith. I think it damaged his feet, he went real heavy, I think like 500lbs. One day doing squats the foot crumbled. Had multiple surgeries and stopped lifting altogether after a lifetime of lifting ad being an elite PL :'(
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 14, 2026, 10:31:09 AM
if you see Raymondo, tell him to bring back some souvenirs from the Canary Islands

(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwsnsYaHYBA-AOUSYZQa-PgLnIe3ETkaMATrep5lLTNAPhfqkbufo0E2c&s=10)
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 14, 2026, 05:49:19 PM


Yeah exactly.

Hey MCWAY, stay out of the deep end 🤣

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Irongrip400 on August 14, 2026, 06:14:31 PM
Typo again. That should have been 2025.

Since I shaved my head, I'm 5'9". ;D

That’s heavy for that height, do you have good cardio?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 14, 2026, 07:07:38 PM
That’s heavy for that height, do you have good cardio?

For the most part. I don't jog (haven't done so since my military days).

I've had two physicals this year: my routine one and the final one with my orthopedic surgeon. Clean bill of health on both!! ;D
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 15, 2026, 04:04:53 AM
For the most part. I don't jog (haven't done so since my military days).

I've had two physicals this year: my routine one and the final one with my orthopedic surgeon. Clean bill of health on both!! ;D

oh really?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 15, 2026, 11:37:08 AM
Royalty is crushing this thread as usual. I see you there, Ramon!
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 16, 2026, 03:35:30 PM
Wait until June 13 of next year!! ;D

MCWAY is obsessed with June 13th


Rambone and I are obsessed with ‘June 14th’
(use the Newman voice)


Go to 1:25

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 16, 2026, 04:43:49 PM
MCWAY is obsessed with June 13th


Rambone and I are obsessed with ‘June 14th’
(use the Newman voice)


Go to 1:25



(https://i.redd.it/1gzoqvsla2v71.jpg)
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 16, 2026, 05:07:21 PM
It does appear that MCWAY has had a run-in with the Van Buren Boys
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Dave D on August 16, 2026, 05:34:35 PM
It does appear that MCWAY has had a run-in with the Van Buren Boys

5’9” 260 is George’s build……

Royal T we need you to investigate this.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 16, 2026, 05:47:36 PM
It does appear that MCWAY has had a run-in with the Van Buren Boys

“Why did you take away my scholarship, Mr. Costanza?”
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 17, 2026, 03:54:30 AM
5’9” 260 is George’s build……

Royal T we need you to investigate this.

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 18, 2026, 05:14:10 PM
MCWAY is obsessed with June 13th

Why would I be obessed with that?


Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Hulkotron on August 19, 2026, 03:17:19 AM
I slimmed down when I tore my quad last year. It was not by choice and it sucked.

No offense brother but 5'9" 230 is not particularly slim.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 19, 2026, 03:41:32 AM
I’d worry about tearing your heart next
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: deadz on August 19, 2026, 11:30:39 AM
I’d worry about tearing your heart next
  ;D
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: obsidian on August 20, 2026, 12:19:21 AM
On August 12, 2025, I ruptured my left quadriceps tendons while doing leg presses. Three weeks later, I had surgery and had my leg in a locked brace for months. Rehab followed and life was PAINFUL, to say the least.

My leg shrunk to a twig; my wife and kids had to help me get around the house and drive me to work. Even our family trip to Jamaica was less than stellar for me.

I'm pleased to report that I finished rehab in January. I got to train everything but legs (outside of rehab). Now, my left leg is about 90% of what my right leg is. I lost 15 lbs during the ordeal. I weight 245 when I got injured, after which I dropped to 230.

I had a new quest: To be better than I was before the injury. I wanted to reach a personal record of 260. Right now, I'm 254. My goal is to hit 260 before New Year's Eve.

I have about three months left. Here we go!!!

Hopefully, you never endure what I have. But, if you do, you can rebuild stronger than ever.

Eat, Drink, and be Massive, my brothers!!!

MCWAY
How much was on the leg press when you injured your leg? Did you shift the weight to one side to cause this to happen? What's you age range? I want to avoid what happened to you. Good luck with your continued recovery!
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 20, 2026, 07:59:07 PM
How much was on the leg press when you injured your leg? Did you shift the weight to one side to cause this to happen? What's you age range? I want to avoid what happened to you. Good luck with your continued recovery!

11 plates per side on the Hammer Strength 45-degree leg press. That's a weight that I could usually get 6-8 reps (and on a few occasions, I've hit 10 reps).

It also turns out that I was diagnosed as having patellar tendonitis (more commonly known as "jumper's knee"). In hindsight, I should have lightened up more than I did. It was on my final set when I got injured last year. That kind of tendonitis makes one more susceptible to tears and ruptures.

As for age, I was 52 then (53 now).

I’d worry about tearing your heart next

Why would I tear my heart, especially after having multiple physicals this year and last year (including blood work)?


Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Dave D on August 21, 2026, 05:44:23 AM
11 plates per side on the Hammer Strength 45-degree leg press. That's a weight that I could usually get 6-8 reps (and on a few occasions, I've hit 10 reps).

It also turns out that I was diagnosed as having patellar tendonitis (more commonly known as "jumper's knee"). In hindsight, I should have lightened up more than I did. It was on my final set when I got injured last year. That kind of tendonitis makes one more susceptible to tears and ruptures.

As for age, I was 52 then (53 now).

[quote author=Rambone link=topic=704845.msg10502508#msg10502508 date=1787136092
I’d worry about tearing your heart next


Why would I tear my heart, especially after having multiple physicals this year and last year (including blood work)?


Even with all your positive check ups, your doctor didn’t catch your knee issue, but you’re trusting this same person with your heart….
We love you McWeigh. We don’t want to lose you.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 21, 2026, 07:19:38 AM

Even with all your positive check ups, your doctor didn’t catch your knee issue, but you’re trusting this same person with your heart….
We love you McWeigh. We don’t want to lose you.

Two different doctors. One was an orthopedic surgeon; the other is my usual healthcare physician, with whom I get my yearly physicals and checkups.

Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: deadz on August 21, 2026, 09:16:21 AM
Two different doctors. One was an orthopedic surgeon; the other is my usual healthcare physician, with whom I get my yearly physicals and checkups.
What are your results of a recent echocardiogram and cardiac ct scan?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 21, 2026, 09:34:08 AM
▫️
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 21, 2026, 10:07:01 AM
▫️

Fixed.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Royalty on August 21, 2026, 10:11:29 AM
▫️
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on August 21, 2026, 10:42:34 AM
Have you considered a mini under desk exerciser bike or a vibrating belt machine?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Hulkotron on August 30, 2026, 12:42:02 PM
Why would I tear my heart, especially after having multiple physicals this year and last year (including blood work)?

I again mean no offense here brother:

Physicals and blood panels are diagnostic, not therapeutic.  Lots of BBs have great "blood work" until they drop dead at 55.

260 lbs at 5'9" is hard on the heart at any age let alone your age, no matter how much of it you think is muscle.

Dr. Hulkotron recommends some cardio and dropping 60 lbs.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 30, 2026, 01:13:36 PM
I again mean no offense here brother:

Physicals and blood panels are diagnostic, not therapeutic.  Lots of BBs have great "blood work" until they drop dead at 55.

260 lbs at 5'9" is hard on the heart at any age let alone your age, no matter how much of it you think is muscle.

Dr. Hulkotron recommends some cardio and dropping 60 lbs.

Thank you for answering this for me, Dr. Hulk! 260 is 260 and your heart will be pumping hard no matter whether it’s fat or muscle especially at 5’9. It’s your life, broseph. Tear it up!
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Bevo on August 30, 2026, 03:01:46 PM
I again mean no offense here brother:

Physicals and blood panels are diagnostic, not therapeutic.  Lots of BBs have great "blood work" until they drop dead at 55.

260 lbs at 5'9" is hard on the heart at any age let alone your age, no matter how much of it you think is muscle.

Dr. Hulkotron recommends some cardio and dropping 60 lbs.

Let him be, I remember when coach was the same way, even as stubborn as he was, he’s dropping weight

Mcway should go 300 , certainly a guy that has to be “huge” because his ego is too fragile to be anything less
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: MCWAY on August 30, 2026, 03:40:19 PM
Let him be, I remember when coach was the same way, even as stubborn as he was, he’s dropping weight

Mcway should go 300 , certainly a guy that has to be “huge” because his ego is too fragile to be anything less

Incorrect! Heck, you sound like that Matt guy, making the same claims about me when I was 220.

This isn't about a fragile ego. It is about a personal challenge for myself as to whether I could not just regain the size and strength I had prior to my injury, but to be better.

I again mean no offense here brother:

Physicals and blood panels are diagnostic, not therapeutic.  Lots of BBs have great "blood work" until they drop dead at 55.

260 lbs at 5'9" is hard on the heart at any age let alone your age, no matter how much of it you think is muscle.

Dr. Hulkotron recommends some cardio and dropping 60 lbs.

Again, you sound like Matt, who 10 years or so ago, thought I was a walking time bomb when I weighed 220. Meanwhile, he was cycling steroids, particularly the ones known to be harsh on the liver.

BTW, I don't even weight 260 yet. A couple of weeks ago, I hit a personal high of 256. But, recent work and family stress has taken a toll and I sit currently at 252 (my weight back in 2005).
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 30, 2026, 04:00:51 PM
My training partner is 63 and on 1000mg of test plus GH. He did get on retatrutide like Coach, down to 260 from about 290 :D

He is too heavy but I don't tell 63 year olds what to do.
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: Rambone on August 30, 2026, 04:08:09 PM
Let him be, I remember when coach was the same way, even as stubborn as he was, he’s dropping weight

Mcway should go 300 , certainly a guy that has to be “huge” because his ego is too fragile to be anything less

Didn’t Coach have multiple mini strokes?
Title: Re: Crunched at CRUNCH: ONE YEAR LATER......Back and better!!
Post by: IroNat on August 31, 2026, 06:56:06 AM
Didn’t Coach have multiple mini strokes?

They were just nervous tics.

(https://media.tenor.com/4cnoyRBEfqgAAAAM/sheldon.gif)