Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: Grenache on August 16, 2026, 01:36:07 PM

Title: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Grenache on August 16, 2026, 01:36:07 PM
Sad news: Dwayne Quamina, born in 1986 in Trinidad, died today, August 16, 2026. He placed 6th last week at the Atlanta Pro 212...
(https://d19g4gpzvd3fw4.cloudfront.net/images/contests/4738/large/23685670.jpg)
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Coach is Back! on August 16, 2026, 01:55:20 PM
Most from the "golden era" and before are still alive or at least died in their 80's. Today bodybuilding is a damn near death sentence before 50 and seems that number is getting younger.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: rick doot on August 16, 2026, 01:56:29 PM
Was he saved?
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 16, 2026, 02:10:00 PM
I remember posting about this guy, how he made some incredibly quick progress for a while. I thought he had retired; he used to get totally out of shape between shows and lost drive and was lackadaisical. Coached by Bleu Taylor then.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Rambone on August 16, 2026, 03:18:58 PM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media. Sprinkle in a clot shot or two and bam PIP by 40. His last video talks about how he felt like death after getting off his flight and went to a medspa for a steroid shot and antibiotics and felt a little better. His breathing was labored during the video. Died the next day. Seemed like a good guy. Sad.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on August 16, 2026, 03:25:33 PM


This guy competed last week? His passing is concerning.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Royalty on August 16, 2026, 03:29:15 PM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media. Sprinkle in a clot shot or two and bam PIP by 40. His last video talks about how he felt like death after getting off his flight and went to a medspa for a steroid shot and antibiotics and felt a little better. His breathing was labored during the video. Died the next day. Seemed like a good guy. Sad.

and some “scrambie eggs”
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Lartinos on August 16, 2026, 03:57:36 PM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media. Sprinkle in a clot shot or two and bam PIP by 40. His last video talks about how he felt like death after getting off his flight and went to a medspa for a steroid shot and antibiotics and felt a little better. His breathing was labored during the video. Died the next day. Seemed like a good guy. Sad.

Sounds a bit like Kyle Busch (the beer guy).
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: sync pulse on August 16, 2026, 04:29:11 PM
Anabolics can be compared with turbocharging a car engine. It's fun, but you won't get nearly the lifespan.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: IroNat on August 16, 2026, 04:32:25 PM

This guy competed last week? His passing is concerning.

A week is a lifetime.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Lartinos on August 16, 2026, 05:31:04 PM
It’s ironic, but his problem was he actually wasn’t big enough.

More mass= healthier
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Kwon on August 16, 2026, 07:13:09 PM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media. Sprinkle in a clot shot or two and bam PIP by 40. His last video talks about how he felt like death after getting off his flight and went to a medspa for a steroid shot and antibiotics and felt a little better. His breathing was labored during the video. Died the next day. Seemed like a good guy. Sad.

Modern Bodybuilders are like Mayflys.

Once they reach their peak and desired form, they do whatever it takes to stay relevant on social media, (without any break from drugs) and then die.

Popularity, Attention and Likes is what drives them to death.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Grenache on August 16, 2026, 11:38:17 PM
GoGundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dwayne-quamina
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: US MUSL on August 16, 2026, 11:53:53 PM
Guy Cisternino lost another best friend.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: rick doot on August 17, 2026, 12:24:55 AM
It’s ironic, but his problem was he actually wasn’t big enough.

More mass= healthier

Hai Boyz!
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: joswift on August 17, 2026, 12:59:33 AM
GoGundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dwayne-quamina

spends $10k to get ready for a show and his friend wants money for his wife and kids..???
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Brenda Steunbeer on August 17, 2026, 03:58:07 AM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media. Sprinkle in a clot shot or two and bam PIP by 40. His last video talks about how he felt like death after getting off his flight and went to a medspa for a steroid shot and antibiotics and felt a little better. His breathing was labored during the video. Died the next day. Seemed like a good guy. Sad.


It must have been the Bud Light that pushed him over the edge


(https://www.hipertrofia.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/markus-fumando.jpg)
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 17, 2026, 05:32:38 AM
Sad. It’s almost like bodybuilding is an unhealthy sport full of drug addicts who no longer take breaks from said drugs because of social media.

I don't really follow bodybuilding nowadays but it seemed like he got off frequently, seemed like years sometimes, and had to be coaxed to take it seriously for shows. I don't know how extreme his PED use was lately but I think he had some good placings at the lightweight O but now it was only good enough for 6th here.

Labored breathing could indicate heart failure of course. I think they try to stay on top of health markers these days and the coaches don't want casualties. You know who coached him now?
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: US MUSL on August 17, 2026, 05:42:46 AM
Labored breathing could indicate heart failure of course. I think they try to stay on top of health markers these days and the coaches don't want casualties. You know who coached him now?

Dallas McCarver had that same heavy breathing towards the end of his life
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 17, 2026, 06:05:19 AM
Was he saved?
Not fast enough.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 17, 2026, 06:17:04 AM
Dallas McCarver had that same heavy breathing towards the end of his life

Yup I think most of the heavy guys breathe kind of heavy. If there are constant hick ups and a persistent cough they are further bad signs. Repeated pneumonia is another. Not a doctor, just what I've gathered :D
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: beakdoctor on August 17, 2026, 07:30:07 AM
At what point did pro bodybuilders start blasting gear year around? Were guys in the 90's  known for coming off? I know Levrone did to go play in his band and maybe a few others took a little time off after the Olympia or the grand prix circuit. By the late 90's a guy had to add pounds of muscle each year to remain competitive. And that's around the time we started bodybuilders getting health problems.

Lee Haney probably weighed the most for his last Olympia but his weight was very consistent for his first 7. Same with Arnold or even Sergio Olivia or Nubret. All those guys looked pretty much the same size-relatively speaking- for most of their careers.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: joswift on August 17, 2026, 10:11:42 AM
At what point did pro bodybuilders start blasting gear year around? Were guys in the 90's  known for coming off? I know Levrone did to go play in his band and maybe a few others took a little time off after the Olympia or the grand prix circuit. By the late 90's a guy had to add pounds of muscle each year to remain competitive. And that's around the time we started bodybuilders getting health problems.

Lee Haney probably weighed the most for his last Olympia but his weight was very consistent for his first 7. Same with Arnold or even Sergio Olivia or Nubret. All those guys looked pretty much the same size-relatively speaking- for most of their careers.

I would say early 90s, people realised going on and off ened up resulting in months of shitty training because your hormones were through the floor.

I remember ont guy who turned pro used to do 6 weeks on 4 weeks off, I used to think it wasnt enough time on or off.

Worked for him though
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: chaos on August 17, 2026, 10:17:37 AM
I would say early 90s, people realised going on and off ened up resulting in months of shitty training because your hormones were through the floor.

I remember ont guy who turned pro used to do 6 weeks on 4 weeks off, I used to think it wasnt enough time on or off.

Worked for him though
I remember people always had different cycles they would promote, X time on/Y time off and they would cycle it to peak during whatever show they were going to compete in. These days it seems like they take their "offseason" as the time to blast harder than ever.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 17, 2026, 11:18:06 AM
These days it seems like they take their "offseason" as the time to blast harder than ever.

Typically pre-contest is when you do the harsh compounds like orals and tren and I think most go up in dose when approaching the contest. A few will go lower as they feel they can only maintain mass anyway. Off-season is for lots of testosterone, the "bioidenticals."

I remember ont guy who turned pro used to do 6 weeks on 4 weeks off, I used to think it wasnt enough time on or off.

Worked for him though

Dorian claimed he did 6 weeks on, 3 off. Which means there wasn't actually any time off, so it wasn't that logical but I think he had these training cycles where he pushed hard for 6 weeks followed by 3 cruise weeks so he modeled the cycles according to that. Total milligrams over the year is probably the most important part.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 18, 2026, 07:21:35 AM
Typically pre-contest is when you do the harsh compounds like orals and tren and I think most go up in dose when approaching the contest. A few will go lower as they feel they can only maintain mass anyway. Off-season is for lots of testosterone, the "bioidenticals."

Dorian claimed he did 6 weeks on, 3 off. Which means there wasn't actually any time off, so it wasn't that logical but I think he had these training cycles where he pushed hard for 6 weeks followed by 3 cruise weeks so he modeled the cycles according to that. Total milligrams over the year is probably the most important part.
Dorian is lucky he lived through the 90's.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: pamith on August 18, 2026, 08:02:07 AM
My nikka, R.I.P.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 18, 2026, 01:13:25 PM
Dorian is lucky he lived through the 90's.

I actually don't think Dorian was that extreme, plus he didn't compete so many times in total. I've probably taken many times more gear than him, I'm ashamed to say :D

Regarding Dwayne, I just now saw his clip and sounding like that it's an obvious immediate ER trip to me. Supposedly his coach Bleu Taylor told him go. He went some "med spa", don't know what that is. Gave him antibiotics and a steroid shot to help him breathe but obviously not enough to save him.

One woman on IG is calling for getting Bleu out of the sport. Her BF died 2 years ago 3 weeks out from multi organ failure, coached by Bleu. But all the coaches do the same things. All of them require "blood work" but they're not doctors plus it doesn't show everything anyway.

Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 19, 2026, 06:56:48 AM
^^^ Yeah, competing only once a year probably helped.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Notomorrow on August 20, 2026, 11:42:28 PM
Heart failure in steroid using bodybuilders is being misdiagnosed as pneumonia or "bronchial infection" because doctors unfamiliar with bodybuilding see inflamed lungs with fluid in them and this is pneumonia.

Problem is its also part of the edema from heart failure. The only ways to check for heart failure are echocardiograms, angiogram  etc. Peripheral edema(swollen ankles, etc.) are early signs yet end stage HF like fluid in lungs is more advanced

Few doctors will run these tests as they are expensive and pneumonia is the most common for a relatively young athletic person to have fluid in lungs.

Dallas McCarver couldn't breathe because of congestive heart failure. They gave him worthless anti biotics and bodybuilding coaches who think they are being responsible by "doing blood work": etc. don't realize blood work often won't catch heart failure.

Most bodybuilders know nothing of heart failure and frequently confuse it with a heart attack.

A heart attack is when the arteries to the heart are blocked. Steroids change cholesterol but with proper diet heart attacks can be avoided with diet/meds. It also usually takes years for the atherosclerosis/plaque to build up to that level.

Mike Matarazzo had a heart attack from eating 3 lbs. Of red meat daily with steroids contributing factor.

This kid, Kovacs, Dallas, Big Lenny, and many more are dying from heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.  This is from left ventricular hypertrophy with dilated cardiomyopathy.

By the time they cant breathe the fluid has not only swollen the ankles, stomach(ascites), but fluid is now in the lungs. After that comes blood clots and death is near.

Get an echo cardiogram and know ejection fraction. Under 30 EF you're in serious danger zone. Under 20 EF you're going to die without stopping gear. Good news is its reversible since the cause is steroids.  This is happening because guys are never going completely off to restore EF.

Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: kreator on August 21, 2026, 12:54:54 AM
Back in the day guys went completely off or lowered the dose because they were not under the influence of constant exposure on social media. Today they have to be big/ in shape 24/7  to keep the sponsors/fans engaged. The amount of attention one can get daily on social media is overwhelming. And people become addicted to it
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Rambone on August 21, 2026, 02:18:04 AM
Back in the day guys went completely off or lowered the dose because they were not under the influence of constant exposure on social media. Today they have to be big/ in shape 24/7  to keep the sponsors/fans engaged. The amount of attention one can get daily on social media is overwhelming. And people become addicted to it

If they were smart, they would batch their media during peak drug usage
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Humble Narcissist on August 21, 2026, 06:25:29 AM
Heart failure in steroid using bodybuilders is being misdiagnosed as pneumonia or "bronchial infection" because doctors unfamiliar with bodybuilding see inflamed lungs with fluid in them and this is pneumonia.

Problem is its also part of the edema from heart failure. The only ways to check for heart failure are echocardiograms, angiogram  etc. Peripheral edema(swollen ankles, etc.) are early signs yet end stage HF like fluid in lungs is more advanced

Few doctors will run these tests as they are expensive and pneumonia is the most common for a relatively young athletic person to have fluid in lungs.

Dallas McCarver couldn't breathe because of congestive heart failure. They gave him worthless anti biotics and bodybuilding coaches who think they are being responsible by "doing blood work": etc. don't realize blood work often won't catch heart failure.

Most bodybuilders know nothing of heart failure and frequently confuse it with a heart attack.

A heart attack is when the arteries to the heart are blocked. Steroids change cholesterol but with proper diet heart attacks can be avoided with diet/meds. It also usually takes years for the atherosclerosis/plaque to build up to that level.

Mike Matarazzo had a heart attack from eating 3 lbs. Of red meat daily with steroids contributing factor.

This kid, Kovacs, Dallas, Big Lenny, and many more are dying from heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.  This is from left ventricular hypertrophy with dilated cardiomyopathy.

By the time they cant breathe the fluid has not only swollen the ankles, stomach(ascites), but fluid is now in the lungs. After that comes blood clots and death is near.

Get an echo cardiogram and know ejection fraction. Under 30 EF you're in serious danger zone. Under 20 EF you're going to die without stopping gear. Good news is its reversible since the cause is steroids.  This is happening because guys are never going completely off to restore EF.
Being a hundred pounds overweight causes heart problems.
Title: Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Quamina 1986 - August 16, 2026
Post by: Van_Bilderass on August 21, 2026, 06:54:12 AM
22 years old