Getbig.com: American Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure

Getbig Main Boards => Gossip & Opinions => Topic started by: funk51 on October 06, 2026, 12:22:14 PM

Title: pain.
Post by: funk51 on October 06, 2026, 12:22:14 PM
   
   
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: wes on October 06, 2026, 12:54:13 PM
OUCH !!!   :(
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: IroNat on October 06, 2026, 01:55:47 PM
(https://mrwallpaper.com/images/hd/ronnie-coleman-in-wheelchair-1d02cb2gc37r9yko.jpg)
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on October 06, 2026, 02:25:03 PM
I haven't had as catastrophic injuries as above but I've had many, many tears and none of them hurt at all, initially at least. People always told me, "that must've hurt!" Anyone here have tears and have an opinion on the pain?

Maybe a year ago I did a fairly easy set of horizontal machine leg presses, like at least 5 reps from failure. I had knee wraps on and immediately after the set after releasing the wraps I experienced some of the worst pain of my life. I don't know wtf happened but I was writhing in pain on the floor for like ten minutes seriously panicking, like get me to the ER, my quads hurt so bad :D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: BigRo on October 06, 2026, 02:31:35 PM
That photographer was the problem for Fux and his unquestioning obedience.
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on October 06, 2026, 02:34:12 PM
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on October 06, 2026, 02:36:48 PM
Never saw this compilation before. Horrifying!
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on October 06, 2026, 02:41:32 PM
That photographer was the problem for Fux and his unquestioning obedience.

But doing squats in the rack while removing the pins is retarded as well. If Fux fell forward instead it might have been even worse :D

Chris Lund didn't want to use fake plates, it had to be and look authentic. Respect :D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: joswift on October 06, 2026, 02:47:51 PM
I have never been daft enough to lift excessively heavy

Its not required for muscle volume
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Royalty on October 06, 2026, 03:14:00 PM
But doing squats in the rack while removing the pins is retarded as well. If Fux fell forward instead it might have been even worse :D

Chris Lund didn't want to use fake plates, it had to be and look authentic. Respect :D

I saw the footage of Fux a week or two, prior to the accident, squatting 700lbs for reps. It looked fairly easy too. No spotter. But I didn’t notice if Fux had the safety pins in place. I didn’t know to look for the pins because it was before the infamous photo-shoot took place. I just assumed the the safeties were in place.
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on October 06, 2026, 03:21:08 PM
I have never been daft enough to lift excessively heavy

Its not required for muscle volume

True, with PEDs and great genetics you could build a very impressive physique doing just bodyweight exercises. Though somehow for example all the pros seem to lift "very heavy weights" at least some of the time. Even Paul Dillet did some really heavy lifting. I asked google LOL
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Royalty on October 06, 2026, 03:25:15 PM
True, with PEDs and great genetics you could build a very impressive physique doing just bodyweight exercises. Though somehow for example all the pros seem to lift "very heavy weights" at least some of the time. Even Paul Dillet did some really heavy lifting. I asked google LOL

There is no way that Dillet was doing behind the neck press with 305LB
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on October 06, 2026, 03:28:18 PM
I saw the footage of Fux a week or two, prior to the accident, squatting 700lbs for reps. It looked fairly easy too. No spotter. But I didn’t notice if Fux had the safety pins in place. I didn’t know to look for the pins because it was before the infamous photo-shoot took place. I just assumed the the safeties were in place.

He was probably extra vulnerable due to being near contest shape. Dorian said it was a big mistake going really heavy in the last part of contest prep, as you are really vulnerable plus you are only trying to maintain size anyway. I do think "heavy" loading with high tension is important in prep to best maintain muscle but you have to consider the exercise as well, some are more dangerous than others. In the past especially many switched to pumping and exclusively high reps in prep.

There is no way that Dillet was doing behind the neck press with 305LB

I don't know but there's no doubt he was strong. All big guys are strong whether they demonstrate it or not, there's a direct correlation :D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Royalty on October 06, 2026, 03:34:28 PM
He was probably extra vulnerable due to being near contest shape. Dorian said it was a big mistake going really heavy in the last part of contest prep, as you are really vulnerable plus you are only trying to maintain size anyway. I do think "heavy" loading with high tension is important in prep to best maintain muscle but you have to consider the exercise as well, some are more dangerous than others. In the past especially many switched to pumping and exclusively high reps in prep.

I don't know but there's no doubt he was strong. All big guys are strong whether they demonstrate it or not, there's a direct correlation :D

Yes Dillet was strong. I knew some people who witnessed him training heavy. But they never mentioned behind the neck press with over 300LBS
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: funk51 on October 06, 2026, 04:31:15 PM

   ;D ;D ;D ;D great show.
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: funk51 on October 06, 2026, 04:38:48 PM
 I'm pretty much an expert on pain. kidney stone attacks 3 different times, broken tibia from football. broken jaw boxing, torn rotator cuff fight with a flat tire. open heart surgery, 7 hip replacements, several concussions, several ruptured discs in back, got a large nail through my hand, dislocated shoulder, pulmonary embolism  and tons of minor shit... the closest I came to death so far was when my appendix burst waiting to get operated on.  I was hoping for relief or a quick death. you just got to grin and bear it. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: IroNat on October 06, 2026, 05:00:57 PM
Crazy, funk!
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: BigRo on October 06, 2026, 10:19:55 PM
But doing squats in the rack while removing the pins is retarded as well. If Fux fell forward instead it might have been even worse :D

Chris Lund didn't want to use fake plates, it had to be and look authentic. Respect :D

No respect for him he didnt give a shit about the "athletes" he photographed and poor Fux was willing to do whatever his master told him. Fux told me Irvin Gelb would tell me to come back next week because he saw some hair still on my triceps when I met him at a diner after competing in the juniors at Musclemania Worlds in Vegas. I met Irvin the year before and he was a complete asshole. The photographers had alot of sway back then.
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: NaturalWonder83 on October 06, 2026, 11:15:38 PM
I'm pretty much an expert on pain. kidney stone attacks 3 different times, broken tibia from football. broken jaw boxing, torn rotator cuff fight with a flat tire. open heart surgery, 7 hip replacements, several concussions, several ruptured discs in back, got a large nail through my hand, and tons of minor shit... the closest I came to death so far was when my appendix burst waiting to get operated on.  I was hoping for relief or a quick death. you just got to grin and bear it. ;D ;D ;D ;D
omg funk :o
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: joswift on October 07, 2026, 12:08:32 AM
There is no way that Dillet was doing behind the neck press with 305LB
he would have bitten through his towel...


He just did pump workouts, they are available to watch

Most of the pros today dont lift particularly heavy in relation to their size
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Van_Bilderass on October 07, 2026, 04:30:17 AM
I'm pretty much an expert on pain. kidney stone attacks 3 different times, broken tibia from football. broken jaw boxing, torn rotator cuff fight with a flat tire. open heart surgery, 7 hip replacements, several concussions, several ruptured discs in back, got a large nail through my hand, dislocated shoulder, pulmonary embolism  and tons of minor shit... the closest I came to death so far was when my appendix burst waiting to get operated on.  I was hoping for relief or a quick death. you just got to grin and bear it. ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's a lot of pain. I hear kidney stones is one of the worst. I know the desperate feeling of wanting quick relief. In recent times I've cried like a bitch at the ER several times begging for help, just couldn't help it LOL. A few times morphine based pain killers didn't even help so they added ketamine too, then epidural. Epidural was great, I cried after I got relief LOL. A few times I asked them to just kill me. My first pancreatitis attack I was screaming for help for like an hour in my apartment before ambulance arrived, a Somali woman came knocking on my door asking what was wrong :D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: Donny on October 07, 2026, 05:40:39 AM
That's a lot of pain. I hear kidney stones is one of the worst. I know the desperate feeling of wanting quick relief. In recent times I've cried like a bitch at the ER several times begging for help, just couldn't help it LOL. A few times morphine based pain killers didn't even help so they added ketamine too, then epidural. Epidural was great, I cried after I got relief LOL. A few times I asked them to just kill me. My first pancreatitis attack I was screaming for help for like an hour in my apartment before ambulance arrived, a Somali woman came knocking on my door asking what was wrong :D
Title: Re: pain.
Post by: IroNat on October 07, 2026, 06:13:55 AM
No respect for him he didnt give a shit about the "athletes" he photographed and poor Fux was willing to do whatever his master told him. Fux told me Irvin Gelb would tell me to come back next week because he saw some hair still on my triceps when I met him at a diner after competing in the juniors at Musclemania Worlds in Vegas. I met Irvin the year before and he was a complete asshole. The photographers had alot of sway back then.

The photographers are fags.