Come on Van,todays guys are on boatloads of shit all year round,before the internet this was very seldom heard of...........hence they have no choice but to get their bloodwork done as they are walking on a high wire/tightrope/ and a fine line.....one fuck up and dead at 32 years old.
If you mean the pros and especially heavyweight pros sure. And everyone is on year round but staying on is not the problem exactly. But if you go back to for example Nasser, it was a ton of shit with zero health monitoring. Nasser was on 10 Anadrols a day and 5 grams of test and tons of other potentially more toxic anabolics like Winstrol. Now it's tons of test and Primo, healthier choices LOL. Like I said I'm surprised Nick Walker is still standing and I have a feeling it has something to do with health monitoring. Of course Nick could keel over today as monitoring doesn't catch everything, far from it. All I'm saying is it's
possible to do it in a bit more healthy way today, I'm not at all saying there's not considerable risk

Taking a ton of potentially liver toxic Anadrol and Winstrol and not looking at BP and kidney values, not having heart scans and so on is worse than taking a ton of less toxic test and Primo or Masteron while doing health monitoring. The late 90s and 00s guys really did a number on themselves and we've seen the results, Nasser, Flex, Badell etc. They also did very dangerous diuretic protocols which isn't really that much of a thing anymore from what I can tell. Maybe they looked a bit better because of the diuretics though, skin on stage was thinner LOL.