Metoo? lol that hasn’t been a thing in years. And you’ll have to explain the link between the recording of everything and falling birth rates to me because I don’t follow.
The real reason is affordability. Daycare is like $1500+/month, housing prices are through the roof, wages are stagnant - very few can actually afford to have families.
There was a period of time where young men were afraid to much in terms of approaching women, due to the overcorrection of metoo (yes I think a correction was needed but it got stupid - remember the video of having to ask for consent with every subsequent step in hooking up, etc?)
The recording of everything is the same. In the past, kids could be more free to do shit - go out on the dance floor and be a jackass, mingle etc.....everything potentially being on film hinders that.
In addition, so many workplace hookups happened, and led to families. I think the new office environments are hindering that as well.
Not saying affordability isn't a factor for some and was not claiming to know the data "real reason" down to the person. I was just adding to jeff's post, which I agreed with.