Author Topic: Pec Minor Dips  (Read 4197 times)

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Pec Minor Dips
« on: August 30, 2026, 05:04:59 AM »
I think John was a good guy ..interesting move though.




IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44084
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2026, 05:14:42 AM »
I just watched this video a few days ago.
His family must be keeping his website going and reposting all his old videos.
It's good content and should be continued.

He was a good teacher with a nice personality
Pretty much killed himself with the drugs.
Sad he couldn't stop.
Self-destructive behavior that so many bodybuilders have.
So unnecessary.

RIP.

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2026, 05:17:20 AM »
He was a good teacher with a nice personality
Pretty much killed himself with the drugs.
Sad he couldn't stop.
Self-destructive behavior that so many bodybuilders have.


RIP.

His family must be keeping his website going and reposting all his old videos.
It's good content and should be continued.

Yes a likeable Guy

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2026, 06:27:14 AM »
He was a good teacher with a nice personality
Pretty much killed himself with the drugs.
Sad he couldn't stop.
Self-destructive behavior that so many bodybuilders have.
So unnecessary.

RIP.

From what I recall, IMO he didn't die because he kept in some testosterone. Which was doctor prescribed BTW, who knew of his heart. Part of the heart was dead and showed no activity, it wouldn't have recovered if he didn't take the 100-200mg of testosterone.

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2026, 06:41:47 AM »
From what I recall, IMO he didn't die because he kept in some testosterone. Which was doctor prescribed BTW, who knew of his heart. Part of the heart was dead and showed no activity, it wouldn't have recovered if he didn't take the 100-200mg of testosterone.
IronPrat always brings drugs into the equation but has no comment on the exercise which is the point of the video
I doubt he has ever tried it anyway  ;D
Even if John took drugs well that was his choice i won´t judge him..was a good guy (came across that way)

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2026, 06:48:25 AM »
IronPrat always brings drugs into the equation but has no comment on the exercise which is the point of the video
I doubt he has ever tried it anyway  ;D
Even if John took drugs well that was his choice i won´t judge him..was a good guy (came across that way)

I used to do this exercise in my early teens already 8)

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2026, 06:52:17 AM »
I used to do this exercise in my early teens already 8)
I think i saw a video of Larry Scott doing it a while back too

joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39920
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2026, 07:00:59 AM »
the pecs are downward pushing muscles, the dip is probably the best excercise you can do

Irongrip400

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 23535
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2026, 07:06:31 AM »
the pecs are downward pushing muscles, the dip is probably the best excercise you can do

Dips hurt my shoulders, and oddly enough sometimes they hurt my low back. I get a pinch similar to a strain while doing them so it’s rare I add dips unless I’m looking for something quick at the end of a chest or tricep work out.

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44084
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2026, 07:24:56 AM »
IronPrat always brings drugs into the equation but has no comment on the exercise which is the point of the video
I doubt he has ever tried it anyway  ;D
Even if John took drugs well that was his choice i won´t judge him..was a good guy (came across that way)

F*ck off, Donny.

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2026, 07:26:46 AM »
F*ck off, Donny.
Dude you´re an asshole !

chaos

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64842
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2026, 08:13:01 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44084
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2026, 08:44:15 AM »
Dude you´re an asshole !

Much appreciated, Donny.
You f*cker.

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44084
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2026, 08:47:28 AM »
From what I recall, IMO he didn't die because he kept in some testosterone. Which was doctor prescribed BTW, who knew of his heart. Part of the heart was dead and showed no activity, it wouldn't have recovered if he didn't take the 100-200mg of testosterone.

Van,
I'm just saying he should have taken his foot off the gas before he ran into the heart issues.

Donny

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 22109
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2026, 08:55:00 AM »

NaturalWonder83

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 13513
  • Dare to Dream-The Nick Walker Story
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2026, 12:08:28 PM »
I used to do dips all the time when I was much younger. Heaviest I went was 2 plates. I would also do bench dips with a few 45lb plates on lap.

I took a break for a while. A long while.

Recently went back to dips. To be honest, they make me very nervous. I feel them in my chest the most.

I see a video of Charles Glass teaching dips and he recommends bringing your knees to your chest and having your chest facing the floor.

John Meadow’s death still makes me feel very sad. His poor kids. They had some great videos together and he seemed like an awesome father.

I’ve never seen this version of dips before but will give them a try. They look similar to serratus anterior dips.

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2026, 12:57:41 PM »
Van,
I'm just saying he should have taken his foot off the gas before he ran into the heart issues.

Sure, I don't remember if he got any warning beforehand. I do remember him telling Bostin Loyd Bostin was going to die early. Both are dead. So Meadows probably thought he himself was kind of moderate.

Hulkotron

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 30514
  • naturally occurring compounds
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2026, 01:08:23 PM »
I used to do dips all the time when I was much younger. Heaviest I went was 2 plates. I would also do bench dips with a few 45lb plates on lap.

I took a break for a while. A long while.

Recently went back to dips. To be honest, they make me very nervous. I feel them in my chest the most.

I see a video of Charles Glass teaching dips and he recommends bringing your knees to your chest and having your chest facing the floor.

John Meadow’s death still makes me feel very sad. His poor kids. They had some great videos together and he seemed like an awesome father.

I’ve never seen this version of dips before but will give them a try. They look similar to serratus anterior dips.

It's one of those exercises that I don't think ramping up to heavy weights is worth it. 

joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39920
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2026, 02:10:39 PM »
It's one of those exercises that I don't think ramping up to heavy weights is worth it.

I think bodyweight is enough especially if you want to save your shoulders

may be better doing straight bar variation

NaturalWonder83

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 13513
  • Dare to Dream-The Nick Walker Story
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2026, 02:36:04 PM »
It's one of those exercises that I don't think ramping up to heavy weights is worth it.
Agreed-I plan on just doing bodyweight or using band resistance. Bench dips I will never do again.

NaturalWonder83

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 13513
  • Dare to Dream-The Nick Walker Story
Re: Pec Minor Dips
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2026, 02:39:13 PM »
I think bodyweight is enough especially if you want to save your shoulders

may be better doing straight bar variation

I tried getting in the position for the straight bar dips, and feels instantly better and more stable. Much easier for me to depress my shoulders and brace core. And I can do these on a barbell or smith machine bar.
 I’ve also been looking at Korean dips, but these look better. I’m trying them tonight.