Author Topic: College Football Fans  (Read 29031 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: College Football Fans
« Reply #250 on: December 17, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »
Looks like Michigan got themselves a coach ;D

Yea, it will take us a few years for us to get players that know how to run the spread
D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:05 PM »
I think he's gonna hafta adjust a bit to the big 10.or what will he do with Mallard?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »
I hope Mallett transferrs because he is a jackass. I was up there when he first got there and he was in a bar with abunch of MICHIGAN alumnis and he was telling everyone, "Fuck Henne, this is my Team."
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »
Hey Sincity - tough loss by Boise in the Hawaii Bowl.  I was rooting for them.  I've never seen them turn the ball over four times in a game.  They must have had too much fun in Honolulu before the game. 

That RB Chris Johnson from East Carolina is really good.  Incredible burst.  He will play on Sundays.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »
Hey Sincity - tough loss by Boise in the Hawaii Bowl.  I was rooting for them.  I've never seen them turn the ball over four times in a game.  They must have had too much fun in Honolulu before the game. 

That RB Chris Johnson from East Carolina is really good.  Incredible burst.  He will play on Sundays.

Boise was a letdown in that game. From the very get go they left their game in Boise. East Carolina played well and your right #5 will play on sundays. Kid is fast and moved the ball real well. I think they should have let him touch it more at the goalline.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »
Our defensive coordinator's comments on Colt:

Hawaii’s defense benefits from Colt
By Dave Reardon and Paul Arnett
dreardon@starbulletin.com
parnett@starbulletin.com
NEW ORLEANS » Hawaii defensive coordinator Greg McMackin is glad he doesn't have to defend Colt Brennan on the weekends. He gets enough of that each weekday in practice, thank you very much.

"I've had the opportunity to defend a lot of great quarterbacks, whatever," McMackin said before yesterday's practice. "The great ones. John Elway. Warren Moon. Dan Marino. But he's the most accurate, or right in there with those guys, and he's got a good arm.

"It has really helped us get better as a defense. We're 19th in pass efficiency because in practice he forces us to be on people. Colt Brennan's a big-time player and I think he's underestimated, really."

How well Brennan will play in the National Football League is open to debate. Some see him as a first-rounder. Others view him as only the seventh-best quarterback in the NFL Draft.

But as far as McMackin is concerned, he's going to have a long career at the next level.

"I see him going very high because he can do what the good ones do," McMackin said.

"He's got it, whatever it is. He's got accuracy and that's so important. Plus he's mobile in the pocket. He hasn't been as mobile this year because he's been hurt with that ankle."

What impresses McMackin most his Brennan's ability to focus on the task at hand.

"He's a rock star in Hawaii," McMackin said. "I think he's handled himself unbelievably. He has a lot of pressure on him. He has a lot of decisions he's going to have to make. He's a loose kind of guy and he's getting a lot of great advice from (UH head coach) June (Jones).

"He cares about people. He really cares about the people in Hawaii. He is into this team. That's why he came back. He wanted all this to happen and it has happened. And that's pretty special. To be honest, this is really a special group of guys."

http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/29/sports/notebook.html

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »
Looks like Michigan got themselves a coach ;D

I don't know much about him, but isn't he like a watered down version of Les Myles? Doesn't he even look a bit like him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
Dang.   :'(

Davone Bess applies for NFL draft, signs with agent

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer

University of Hawai'i slotback Davone Bess has applied for the NFL draft, according to Kenny Zuckerman, who will represent Bess as his agent.
By signing with Zuckerman's firm today, Bess' decision becomes irreversible.

"He's not going back to school," Zuckerman said.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Bess based his decision on his strong season (108 catches, 1,266 yards, 12 touchdowns), his good health and a strong rating from an NFL advisory committee, Zuckerman said.

Zuckerman said Bess earned second-round ratings from three evaluators.

Bess also returned punts the past two seasons. He led the Warriors this season with 16 returns for 169 yards and a 10.6 average.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=UHSPORTS01&archiveURL=http%3A%2F%2Fthe.honoluluadvertiser.com%2F2008%2FJan%2F04%2Fbr%2Fbr7431920865.html