Author Topic: One reason for america's fatness  (Read 9069 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: One reason for america's fatness
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 09:21:07 AM »
that mother fucker really pisses me off. The bastard came in second and won't shut the f**k up. Most people that come in second will congratulate the winner and strive to make improvements. Not this little piece of shit.

I know a girl, skinny as a bean pole, can't be more than 10% BF, never worked out before. But I don't need see her running around with the "skinny school girl principals".

and for the record she has more muscle  mass than that dumb german mother fucker.

Go to any 3rd world country where people are starving and you will guys with more muscle mass than gay donis

And lets see how you compare......I am confident that I would easily best you.  If you disagree, please state why and provide unequivocal and irrefutable proof.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54:56 AM »
when you consider the fact that the average american also watches several hours of tv a day, this excuse doesnt really hold up.

Diet info is treated like nuclear missle codes also. Like the "Glycemic Advantage", and "Relecore" to "shrink belly fat" bullshit. It's all smoke and mirrors. How many time have you heard people say "this diet didn't work for me", or "I work out all the time and nothing happens". 3500 cals burnt = 1 pound loss, 500 cals a day subracted from your BMR = 1 pound a week, another 500 cals burnt on cardio = another pound. With that equation you can get as agressive as you would like with fat loss. My 2 cents

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 10:06:25 AM »
Americans work longer hours than any other country in the western world and spend allot of time traveling to and from work, many don't have time or don't make a consious effort to set aside time make sure their diets are in order. In the US fast food is cheap, readily available, the saves the hard working person allot of time. I'm an American living in Norway, the first thing I noticed about these social-capitalist style European countries is how they work a very strict 8-4 or 9-5 day, and many don't have the rediculous travel times we do in the states - and fast food is very expensive and not affordable for the average person to eat daily. Hell just look at the problems they had in Germany when Wal-Mart wanted folks to work longer than a 35 hour work week - in western europe people believe in going to work and getting the f**k home in time to enjoy the rest of the day!!! In the US people work very hard to make ends meet and many reward their hard days with bad foods.

agree..my hours are from 630-330 mon-fri..and when i leave at 330 i get grief for it...like i should be working longer just to appear like i'm giving a good effort..i'm like, doesn't the time i work from 630-330 matter anything? my boss is like no...no one cares about that..they want the extra effort...it's a product of this country..fuckers work you to death, tax your balls off, and wonder when a wacky s.o.b shoots up a office complex.
footloose and fancy free

OneBigMan

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 02:55:45 PM »
The true reason is that people always try to fulfill themselves with food and drinks. Excessive eating is a lazy habit of bits of hunger and a sign of being too soft and weak inside the body. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
The true reason is that people always try to fulfill themselves with food and drinks. Excessive eating is a lazy habit of bits of hunger and a sign of being too soft and weak inside the body. 
very true.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
bro you were barely 8-9% for the mr getbig   you are in double digits       by no means overweight  but you a5ren't in single digits

he's lost more fat since the 'mr getbig' so he's leaner now.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »
And lets see how you compare......I am confident that I would easily best you.  If you disagree, please state why and provide unequivocal and irrefutable proof.

How exactly wouold he do that?  Where is your irrefutable and unequivocal proof of anything?
w

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2006, 07:20:41 AM »
I thought America was fat because they took nutritional advice from Melvin Goodrum? LOL

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2006, 07:47:29 AM »
How Come I eat Mcdonalds everyday just about and Burger King, Ice Cream Cookies Doughnuts and spend a lot of time watching Tv,Reading and on the computer and do NO cardio, yet manage to stay in single digit bodyfat?

Who cares, it's not healthy. It's crap food and I'm not talking about because it is high in fat and or carbs.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2006, 03:51:03 AM »
How exactly wouold he do that?  Where is your irrefutable and unequivocal proof of anything?

He has proof of shit. ;D
Team Goodrum!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2006, 09:08:40 AM »
when you consider the fact that the average american also watches several hours of tv a day, this excuse doesnt really hold up.

If we did more cardio while watching TV, we'd be a lot better off.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2006, 09:44:57 AM »
Americans are degenerating rapidly.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »

btw: I have a client from Norway. They're on holiday most of the time.  ::)

Are you telling me you wouldn't prefer to live like that if you got the same wage?  You actually WANT to work? lol

Whats there for Americans to be so proud about for working stupid long hours if you can get paid the same in another country and have more time off and less hours?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:32 AM »
Are you telling me you wouldn't prefer to live like that if you got the same wage?  You actually WANT to work? lol

Whats there for Americans to be so proud about for working stupid long hours if you can get paid the same in another country and have more time off and less hours?

Ha ha exactly. Working long hours, travel to and from work in slow traffic taking a looooong time, and only 2 lousy weeks vacation. The American Dream! OMG I'm jealous.   ::)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »

Ha ha, look at these bunch of fat bottom degenerates, avoiding to walk the stairs. Weak!  ;D

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »
It's pretty simple:

Intake (food) - [expenditure (work, working out, cardio etc.) + regulatory requirements (brain activity, body temperature maintenance etc.) >= Weight gain

Period

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »

Ha ha, look at these bunch of fat bottom degenerates, avoiding to walk the stairs. Weak!  ;D

24hr in San Diego.

I used to live about 1 mile from that gym.

Nasser trains there occasionally

;)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2006, 11:14:22 AM »

That has to be a joke!!!

Who the fuck uses a escalator when he goes to a gym??

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »
That has to be a joke!!!

Who the f**k uses a escalator when he goes to a gym??

Actually...that gym has always been known for having alot of hot girls that work out there

So....I would bet....alot of guys go there

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »
Actually...that gym has always been known for having alot of hot girls that work out there

So....I would bet....alot of guys go there

just plain stupid.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2006, 12:18:02 PM »
just plain stupid.

It's the way it was built....they could have used stairs I'm sure

thisiskeith12

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »

Diet info is treated like nuclear missle codes also. Like the "Glycemic Advantage", and "Relecore" to "shrink belly fat" bullshit. It's all smoke and mirrors. How many time have you heard people say "this diet didn't work for me", or "I work out all the time and nothing happens". 3500 cals burnt = 1 pound loss, 500 cals a day subracted from your BMR = 1 pound a week, another 500 cals burnt on cardio = another pound. With that equation you can get as agressive as you would like with fat loss. My 2 cents

I agree with the names and such, but consumers are just as dumb as the names. I worked at a supplement store in high school and I'd always get asked if Creatine was a steroid. Fat ladies would ask if a diet pill is actually going to work, like they just had to sit on the couch pop a diet pill and watch it work?! Plus parents would come in and buy their kids at 14 or 15 creatine, pro-hormones, and anything else. My buddy got caught by his parents with steroids in high school and his mom brought him to the store and spent over $500 just so he wouldn't do steroids. Stupidity is the name of the game in most Americans.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
I think a lot of the decline in physical fitness for the general public is also due to the devalueing of the human body. You used to be a valuable worker if you were in good shape because you could handle a larger workload and accomplish things much more quickly and easily than someone who was not as fit. With the industrial revolution, all men became equal in the eyes of employers regardless of fitness. Add to that that as corporations have grown, they have gotten better and better at devalueing the individual, investing less and less in their employees and trying to figure out how to get the maximum amount of work out of them while still technically following labor laws. When you work for Wal-Mart you know that they don't care about you. And in the training you are exposed to hours and hours of indoctrination and corporate dogma, basically saying "Ask not what the company can do for you, but what you can do for the company". Sacrificing time and aspects of your life and your self are glorified, whereas putting the company anything but first is demonized. It's no surprise then that particularly in American culture where this has been taken to the biggest extreme, that we have people who are working far more and harder for much less at the expense of their health. Most employers don't respect their employees and actively train them to not respect themselves, so of course they're not going to take good care of themselves.
I min/max my physique

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »
It all comes down to laziness. Parents allow their kids to play playstation instead of join a sports team.

Fast Food became something of convenience because families are too busy trying to provide for their families

We have lost the sense of family...a nice dinner or breakfast at home with the family....

We have become the fattest nation because of laziness and the dollar!! Fast food has no nutrition at all..and in the end they are the ones profiting

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »
It all comes down to laziness. Parents allow their kids to play playstation instead of join a sports team.

Fast Food became something of convenience because families are too busy trying to provide for their families

We have lost the sense of family...a nice dinner or breakfast at home with the family....

We have become the fattest nation because of laziness and the dollar!! Fast food has no nutrition at all..and in the end they are the ones profiting

you are right on about these points and i may also add that also what is in american medcine cabinets are not helping the matter...From pain killers to anti/depressants...And the fact that half of americans smoke and are always trying to stop...And all the stupid get togethers that we try to have in this country...From X/mas to thanksgiving/birthdays/sporting events  ect...They are all based around large amounts of food/alcohol...