Author Topic: Dorian At The 1996 Olympia.  (Read 15160 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Dorian At The 1996 Olympia.
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 12:35:45 PM »
gee, ND showing how dorian's arms look better relaxed, and probably morphed, than the do when FLEXING ::)

great point ND.

trying helplessly to defend your hero and you actualy own him in the process.

only dorian could have arms that look better relaxed than flexed.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »

if you expect anyone to believe that Dorian's TORN bi looked like that when RELAXED, you are nuts.

morphed.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »

if you expect anyone to believe that Dorian's TORN bi looked like that when RELAXED, you are nuts.

morphed.

Ha ha in magazine cover you posted is where that pic came from and thats how it sits in the magazine you tool.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »

morphed.

NOT morphed, we went over this before. i have all the flex, mm etc. soon i will have a scanner and this shit will end. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »
Don't you two fags have a 400+ page thread elsewhere that you debate this over and over again?
Why go at it here, again after countless thread hi-jackings over the years? You have your thread, now shut up and let this one get back on track. >:(

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »
NOT morphed, we went over this before. i have all the flex, mm etc. soon i will have a scanner and this shit will end. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed. the pic is not morphed. neither pic is morphed.

it would be better if if WAS morphed.

that way Dorian's arm would not look better relaxed than flexed.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »
it would be better if if WAS morphed.

that way Dorian's arm would not look better relaxed than flexed.

OWNED

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »
but what exactly does posting that pic prove?

all it shows is that dorian's forearm is on a high enough angle that it blocks the enormous GAP between his forearm and his torn biceps muscle.

it does nothing to show that his arm is "good".

His torn bi looked horribe, with a huge gap that is hidden in that particular photo

you can see here just how bad it is.

so no, I would say ND is owned for being so dumb as to post such a pic.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »
but what exactly does posting that pic prove?

all it shows is that dorian's forearm is on a high enough angle that it blocks the enormous GAP between his forearm and his torn biceps muscle.

it does nothing to show that his arm is "good".

His torn bi looked horribe, with a huge gap that is hidden in that particular photo

you can see here just how bad it is.

so no, I would say ND is owned for being so dumb as to post such a pic.

You owned yourself for claiming is was morphed you fool.  ;)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 03:59:47 PM »
hulkster, take it to the truce thead.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »
Hulkster I own you  ;)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 04:17:12 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it-now the party's over..

&mode=related&search=

Markus' back shot was awesome in this.
Motherboy (the band).

suckmymuscle

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
Don't you two fags have a 400+ page thread elsewhere that you debate this over and over again?
Why go at it here, again after countless thread hi-jackings over the years? You have your thread, now shut up and let this one get back on track. >:(

Well, since the thread is mine, I'm ok with furthering the humiliation of Ronald here, too. Whatever. Hulky wants war everywhere? He got it. I'll take him out to. He fucked up the NarcissisticDeity's thread and now he fucked up mine - which had nothing to do with Ronnie, but dude just can't stop from putting Dorian down everytime his name is brought up in any thread. Fuck Hulkster and fuck Ronnie. It's on! >:(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 06:18:50 PM »
no he didn't.

Ronnie got beat by everyone and his uncle before he peaked.

everyone knows that.

every advantage you claim ronnie has better taper, shape, asethetics, arms, quads, etc.  he had through dorian's career.

it was only when coleman's fullness and conditioning improved that he won in 98.

HOWEVER, even at his peak coleman was less domiante against the same guys dorian beat. 

dorian beat the top guys while they were in their prime.

coleman beat those same guys, while they were not in their prime and had a harder time beating them.

are you going to ignore those facts the same way you ignore quotes from ronnie and flex regarding dorian?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 06:23:03 PM »
what about quotes from Flex, Dexter, Dillett, Sergio, Shawn, and everyone else about how good Ronnie was?

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 06:25:59 PM »
you guys will also take note that it was NOT I who started the whole Ronnie dorian thing in this thread.

It was brought up long before I ever even posted in this thread :(
Flower Boy Ran Away

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 06:48:39 PM »
Sucky, I agree that Dorian's conditioning is sick in this video.  However, I think he looked far superior in 1993.  His muscle bellys are far fuller that year.  Yes, he is more ripped, but he lost something that was oh so apparent in 1993.  Then again, he would have smoked this years Mr. O Jay Gutler over and over again.  Even off, Dorian always was in condtion.  This is not even debateable.  Unfortunately, Ronnie may have hit an incredible high a couple of years, but his lows was were far more often and lower than Doz's.  Thus, although I prefer the superhuman condition of Coleman, he brought it to the table only a few times.  He brought an average package to the stage more times than a multi-Olympia champ should have.  Thus, Doz is the greater champ overall, as he never brought the pregnant belly to stage or that average conditioning.  Yes, I feel at his all-time best Ronnie is unbeatable;however, he is not even close to being the ultimate Olympia champ. That title is Haney's first, Doz second and Arnold.  None of them ever lost.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 06:54:05 PM »
That title is Haney's first, Doz second and Arnold.  None of them ever lost.
but they all should have at one time or another, so you have to go by who has the ultimate physique.

and besides, did any of them compete at age 43?

no  8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »
Sucky, I agree that Dorian's conditioning is sick in this video.  However, I think he looked far superior in 1993.  His muscle bellys are far fuller that year.  Yes, he is more ripped, but he lost something that was oh so apparent in 1993.

I think Dorian brought something to the table, in 1995 and 1996, which he lacked in 1993. If you look at Dorian from 1993 and on, you'll see that he made little to nil progress in muscular size: he found his competitive weight around 260 lbs, plus or minus 5 lbs, and stayed there. Yet, I think that he added refinement to his physique. I think that, in 1995 and 1996, he displayed crisp details and a rock-hardness which he lacked in 1993. I am agruing that Dorian rose the standard for muscularity in 1993, but he rose the standard for conditioning in 1995, and took it to an even more unbelievable level the next year. A level so high that, even today, it remains the ne plus ultra of bodybuilding conditioning, the holy grail that every pro tries to emulate but none has been successful at completely. Nevertheless, Dorian, himself, conceded that he came in flat in 1996. So yes, I do think that he took dryness too far that year. 1995 was probably the year when he combined fullness with sick hardness better.

Then again, he would have smoked this years Mr. O Jay Gutler over and over again.  Even off, Dorian always was in condtion.  This is not even debateable.

Yes.

Unfortunately, Ronnie may have hit an incredible high a couple of years, but his lows was were far more often and lower than Doz's.  Thus, although I prefer the superhuman condition of Coleman, he brought it to the table only a few times.

Well, it is your opinion and I have a different one, and this was not supposed to be a re-enactment of the truce thread. But regardless, I don't understand what you mean by Coleman's super-human "condition". His conditioning(hardness + dryness) was never spectacular, not even in 1998 when I believe he was at his best. In 2003 he was huge, but he looked very poor quality-wise when compared to his 1998 version. I think that Ronnie at 250 lbs with a wasp waist and cross-striations all over his body represented a far more superior version of himself than the one that stepped onstage for the 2003 Olympia. Also, it is obvious that not all of that was muscle and that part of those 40 lbs that Ronnie gained were fat and water. How do I know that? Because he barely had a separation in his entire musculature when standing relaxed. Compare it to his 1998 version, when he had separations on his back even when not contracting his back muscles. Also, don't take lightly the increase in gut size, because at least 10 of those 40 lbs came from an increase in intestinal size. Dorian had visible abs at 305 lbs off-season; couldn't he compete at 287 lbs? Yes, he could. Would he look good? No: he would be a very poor version of himself. Like the 2003 Ronnie was of the 1998 Ronnie. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2006, 12:41:24 AM »
but they all should have at one time or another, so you have to go by who has the ultimate physique.

That would be either Sergio in 1967 or Arnold at the 1974 Olympia. Neither Dorian or Ronnie...

and besides, did any of them compete at age 43?

Nice euphemism for getting defeated at age 43. ;D 8)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
His conditioning(hardness + dryness) was never spectacular, not even in 1998 when I believe he was at his best

see, this is why everyone thinks you and ND are crazy.

it is almost impossible to get harder and dryer (better conditioned) than this.

and you are saying that the hardness and dryness displayed is "not spectacular" ::)

I do not think that you really know what the term "conditioning" means as far as musculature goes.

If you did, you would not say something like that given these shots.

look at the detail: there is no almost no subcutaneous fat whatsoever. You can't get more "dense" than this.

you think that this is is the model for density. Compare this to the shots of Ronnie above.

You will see that your definition of density presents some problems when you compare the standard (dorian) to other bodybuilders who you claim are not nearly as dense and conditioned.

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »
Remind me again of the made-up rationalizations excuses that were   foisted on followers like ND and SUCKY about how these were fair contests? How in a fair contest would Yates ever beat these guys. ???

His only weakness the back actually has a considerably better taper than Yates, which reduces any advantages Yates is claimed to have had from the back. Only real drawback was back detail. From the front or sides no contest: ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »
paul had a lightweights back on a super heavy frame, no way he was going to win. yates did say the only bodybuilder he was concerned with was paul is he got it all together.

kev told me himself, yates was too tough mentally and did whatever it took to win (training and prep). "you are just not going to beat him".

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »
paul had a lightweights back on a super heavy frame, no way he was going to win. yates did say the only bodybuilder he was concerned with was paul is he got it all together.

kev told me himself, yates was too tough mentally and did whatever it took to win (training and prep). "you are just not going to beat him".
Given that he was superior to Yates from the front and sides, a weak back's not a big deal. Especially given that the video confirms that his back looks better than the perception-superior taper to Yates and superior rear delt, tri and trap tie-ins. Not that far from great save for the absence of detail. That's a minor downside when Yates' flaws are considered as well as the fact that Dillet destroyed him from other angles.

As far as what Levrone or Dillet might've said, a lot of that's just being good sports as well as accepting how the politics work IMO.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »
paul had possibly the greadtest shape while relaxed ever... But the guy was a horrible poser, just didn’t (doesn’t) know how to display his physique, … + horrendously ugly and easily the dumbest BB ever (and that’s saying a lot)… there are a few signed pics of him around my gym and it looks like a 4 YeAr olD wrotE TheM wiTH CrAyOn!!!... all the guy has to write is “train hard” or “thanks for all your help”…