Author Topic: What did you do today? I got kicked out of my gym!!! Caution, long post.  (Read 7832 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: What did you do today? I got kicked out of my gym!!! Caution, long post.
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 06:38:14 PM »
Suggestions for honorary members of onlyme's gym:

Stickman
Vince G
Vince B
Bob Cicherillo
Howard White
Matt T (if Will Harris tags along, he gets the partnership saving)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »
Several weeks back, I posted pictures from 4 weeks out and asked for feedback.  I did this on both Get Big and Mayhem.  I talked about some frustrations that I had with my gym’s policy of not letting guys use the empty yoga room to pose, but girls could.  Shirtless men are apparently offensive to some members, but the gym is going to start a Cardio Stripping class…  Did I miss a memo?  Anyway, I made a post in anger and someone saw fit to print it and give it to the GM of the gym.

These are the threads:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42717
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=101357.0

Apparently some things that I said on Mayhem got me into hot water with the management.  I got a call this morning from the GM of my gym asking for my home address.  When I enquired why, he said to mail me a refund for my October dues.  My first thought was “they must have double-drafted me”.  He said he was going to cancel my membership.  I immediately thought that it was a friend or someone put up to messing with me because the contest is only 5 days away.  I replied “If you’re calling from the gym, then you can get my address from my contract.”  I laughed it off, thinking somebody came up with a great prank.

Curious, I called the number on my caller ID to see who exactly called me.  The person on the other end was the front desk person at my gym!  I was like WTF?!?!?!  I asked for the GM and he assured me that this was no prank; he was canceling my membership.  I asked why.  He said that he read on the ‘net that I said some negative things about the gym and couldn’t have me posting things about him and my “which steroids I’m using”. 

HUH???

I was working, and couldn’t get to the posts to accurately defend myself.  On my lunch, I went home and looked up the posts in question and printed them out.  After looking over them, I could find nothing about steroids…just diuretics, which are legal.  The only objectionable thing that I could find was a comment that the GM of my gym was an ass…  The ironic thing was that I didn’t even know who the GM was at the time, and was actually referring to the AM that had run us out of the yoga room when we were posing.  He was an ass to us.  He was curt, short, condescending and unprofessional. 

I went by the gym later this afternoon to talk to the GM face to face, to hopefully settle what I thought to be a small thing like reasonable adults.  I went over the posts with him and explained that I had done or said nothing illegal, immoral or unethical and I didn’t understand what the problem was.  “You called me an ass.”, was his reply.  I explained to him that I didn’t even know who he was.  “Then you called my AM an ass.”  He went on to say that he was not backing down and I was out of the gym.  I asked him to show me where in the contract it was stated that comments made outside the gym could result in my expulsion.  I reiterated that I had NEVER named names or mentioned the gym where I trained.  I didn’t matter.  I was out!  There is a clause in most gym contracts that states management can amend the rules blah, blah.  So basically, they have a back door to cancel a membership for any reason. 

The moral of the story:  Don’t be too quick to speak your mind, you might have to find a new place to train.  FIVE FREAKING DAYS OUT FROM A CONTEST!!!!!
P.S.
To the coward that saw fit to rat me out:  Man up.  What are you, sucking up to the boss?  Did I wrong you in some way and you are too callow to say something to my face?  At least have the testicular fortitude to show yourself.

If the gym refunds your money for some words, then they did you a favor.  A gym like that isn't worth training at so I'd say fuck those bitches and when you get your trophy place it at your new gym.  Coops Fitness did me the same way and I went to a much nicer gym.  I actually got to bring my trophy down tomorrow to the Sportsclub with my pictures.

Remember, fuck those bitches because that's what they really are.
A

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »
Several weeks back, I posted pictures from 4 weeks out and asked for feedback.  I did this on both Get Big and Mayhem.  I talked about some frustrations that I had with my gym’s policy of not letting guys use the empty yoga room to pose, but girls could.  Shirtless men are apparently offensive to some members, but the gym is going to start a Cardio Stripping class…  Did I miss a memo?  Anyway, I made a post in anger and someone saw fit to print it and give it to the GM of the gym.

These are the threads:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42717
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=101357.0

Apparently some things that I said on Mayhem got me into hot water with the management.  I got a call this morning from the GM of my gym asking for my home address.  When I enquired why, he said to mail me a refund for my October dues.  My first thought was “they must have double-drafted me”.  He said he was going to cancel my membership.  I immediately thought that it was a friend or someone put up to messing with me because the contest is only 5 days away.  I replied “If you’re calling from the gym, then you can get my address from my contract.”  I laughed it off, thinking somebody came up with a great prank.

Curious, I called the number on my caller ID to see who exactly called me.  The person on the other end was the front desk person at my gym!  I was like WTF?!?!?!  I asked for the GM and he assured me that this was no prank; he was canceling my membership.  I asked why.  He said that he read on the ‘net that I said some negative things about the gym and couldn’t have me posting things about him and my “which steroids I’m using”. 

HUH???

I was working, and couldn’t get to the posts to accurately defend myself.  On my lunch, I went home and looked up the posts in question and printed them out.  After looking over them, I could find nothing about steroids…just diuretics, which are legal.  The only objectionable thing that I could find was a comment that the GM of my gym was an ass…  The ironic thing was that I didn’t even know who the GM was at the time, and was actually referring to the AM that had run us out of the yoga room when we were posing.  He was an ass to us.  He was curt, short, condescending and unprofessional. 

I went by the gym later this afternoon to talk to the GM face to face, to hopefully settle what I thought to be a small thing like reasonable adults.  I went over the posts with him and explained that I had done or said nothing illegal, immoral or unethical and I didn’t understand what the problem was.  “You called me an ass.”, was his reply.  I explained to him that I didn’t even know who he was.  “Then you called my AM an ass.”  He went on to say that he was not backing down and I was out of the gym.  I asked him to show me where in the contract it was stated that comments made outside the gym could result in my expulsion.  I reiterated that I had NEVER named names or mentioned the gym where I trained.  I didn’t matter.  I was out!  There is a clause in most gym contracts that states management can amend the rules blah, blah.  So basically, they have a back door to cancel a membership for any reason. 

The moral of the story:  Don’t be too quick to speak your mind, you might have to find a new place to train.  FIVE FREAKING DAYS OUT FROM A CONTEST!!!!!
P.S.
To the coward that saw fit to rat me out:  Man up.  What are you, sucking up to the boss?  Did I wrong you in some way and you are too callow to say something to my face?  At least have the testicular fortitude to show yourself.

Can you please sum it a little.....my ADD usually kicks in after about two sentances :-\!!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »
Can you please sum it a little.....my ADD usually kicks in after about two sentances :-\!!
C'mon ditto-head, work with me here!

1.  Gym says I can't use empty room for posing.
2.  I post less than kind words on Mayhem.
3.  Some coward gives the post to the GM.
4.  GM cancels my membership.
5.  I join a hardcore gym!  Yay!
6.  I leave behind my friends and training partner.  Boo!

How's that?

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 07:24:52 PM »

If the gym refunds your money for some words, then they did you a favor.  A gym like that isn't worth training at so I'd say f**k those bitches and when you get your trophy place it at your new gym. 
Got my refund and that's just what I did!  Used my refund for first month's dues at new gym.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 07:32:42 PM »
Looks like the GM and AM of that gym are homosexuals. God i wish i lived in VA, id go in... join the gym... then completly embarras and mock of the GM or AM in front of the entire gym.  Just disrespect the hell out of them and say everything i possibly could abuot them, their families, etc.... somebody has to go to the gym and take a picture of them so we can post it here and photoshop the hell out of it, wow wouldnt they be mad!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:14 PM »
I don't wish them anything ill.  I'm trying to take the high ground...that doesn't mean that I'm not frustrated and still pretty ticked off, though.  It's like The Beatles said...Instant Karma's Gonna Getcha!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »
Total BS, and the GM's response of "you called me an a$$" just showed how much of an insecure a$$ he really is. If I were him and somebody brought me that sh*t, I'd would have embarassed their a$$ for not having a life and actually going to the extreme of printing out sh*t to rat somebody out.

F**k him and the horse he rode in on I say! 

....and whomever the informant was is a straight punk a$$ bit*h because he/she's the one who tied two and two together for that greasy GM f**ker like a little.

I can't stand bit*h made people that do gay a$$ sh*t like this.  >:(

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
Dog f**k!!! Hey Golds on Princess Ann Road, VA. You can kiss my ass.  :-* Love, Joe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111

The Weider Muppet pic is my favorite one on this site!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!  LOL!!!
Motherboy (the band).

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »
am i missing something here...Do you use Triple H 05 over on mayhem????????

You could have settled this by simply saying that you have no idea what they were talking about...That triple H 05 isn't you....

That you don't even own a computer let alone post on message boards...

maybe im missing something :-\

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »
The comments were posted on a thread with 4 weeks out pics.   :P  I know, I'm a dumb ass!  It happens.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 10:29:36 PM »
The comments were posted on a thread with 4 weeks out pics.   :P  I know, I'm a dumb ass!  It happens.

oh gotcha...Don't sweat it...just find a new gym...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 10:45:28 PM »
pretty pathetic and insecure manager i'd say...if he is the manager...i'll give u a tip: find the owner, set up a formal sit down and talk. Do not get into what u wrote because he'll try to steer it that way, since it's he's only argument. stick to the point of the matter and restate that the manager is an ass and that's the AM was rude too. It's his bussiness, he'll care . Trust me on this. And even if he offers, do not go back to the same gym. Absolutely fuck'em...jesus!? what a pathetic clout of closeminded morons...PS: insist on free speech and discrimination against an athlete , the free speech part will scare him good. Also mention something about an article in a local newspaper on your story. good luck with the show by the way.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »
Double standards suck. I think these two things sum it up nicely (from his Mayhem post):

"Says it's not a "meat-head" gym. It's the rules to have a shirt on"

"BB's make the regular folk aware of how much better they could look if they actually put the time and effort into it like we do - and the truth hurts."

I bet the GM/AM has some insecurity issues. I'm glad you stuck to your guns, and didn't let your ego get the better of you.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 11:31:47 PM »
I thought you were helping some other people open a gym Keith? Are you now gonna do it yourself instead?

ie. "my gym" as you say...

Yes, I am working on opening a Temple Gym here.

BillyGuns

• Getbig II
  • I hope you got your tickets to the gun show!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 11:53:58 PM »
call someone you don't know an ass and then wonder why you got kicked out.  Be happy if you haven't been black listed at all the gyms

SHUT THE f**k UP!!! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!
genetic phenom

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 12:06:49 AM »
hey, fake Billy Guns---take a  hike

BillyGuns

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 12:20:17 AM »
hey, fake Billy Guns---take a  hike

HEY,AVESHER----GO FUCK YOURSELF.
genetic phenom

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 12:25:43 AM »
HEY,AVESHER----GO f**k YOURSELF.

ok "Billy Guns" I will do just that  ::)

whitewidow

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 12:50:06 AM »
I wouldnt be surprised if it was goodrum who called your gym and told them about what you were saying online- who else could it be.

BillyGuns

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 01:23:24 AM »
ok "Billy Guns" I will do just that  ::)
ok "avesher" ::)
genetic phenom

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 01:51:49 AM »
The GM dealt with it pretty okay.  I mean he could have done the toughguy routine and challenged you to a fight over comments on the internet *cough*Darth*cough*.

I'd have let it slide after talking to you but some people are just kind of.. uptight.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 01:54:12 AM »
Its was probably someone that he was going to compete against that called the gym...sych you out...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 02:05:53 AM »
The GM dealt with it pretty okay.  I mean he could have done the toughguy routine and challenged you to a fight over comments on the internet *cough*Darth*cough*.

I'd have let it slide after talking to you but some people are just kind of.. uptight.

Shouldn't matter. As long as he does not cause trouble AT THE GYM  it should not matter what he says. I don't care if he called him every name in the book right to his face,as long as it wasn't AT THE GYM, it should have no effect on his membership. Now if he said things to him while at the gym it would be different.In that situation it would be viewed as starting trouble or what have you. Just my opinion.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 05:04:56 AM »
Shouldn't matter. As long as he does not cause trouble AT THE GYM  it should not matter what he says. I don't care if he called him every name in the book right to his face,as long as it wasn't AT THE GYM, it should have no effect on his membership. Now if he said things to him while at the gym it would be different.In that situation it would be viewed as starting trouble or what have you. Just my opinion.
That's my contention, and was the backbone of my argument.