Author Topic: Do you ever fear being raped/assaulted when you're alone and vulnerable?  (Read 11700 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: Do you ever fear being raped/assaulted when you're alone and vulnerable?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 12:30:20 PM »
I don't fear it, I have the opposite problem, I was too aggressive and got in to too many fights, yes, sometimes with men!
X

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »
I do... and sometimes wonder if other women feel the same. The rape scenes in Irreversible, and Baise Moi are absoultely awful and graphic and wish I had never seen them. The one in Boys Don't Cry was brutal as well. I can't imagine living through that and am thankful it hasn't happened to me or anyone I know.

Having said that, although I never used to think about it, (I'd walk the dog at midnight, etc...) now I find myself more often walking with my keys between my fingers if I have to get my car in an empty underground parking. I also make sure to stand next to the buttons on an elevator if I've been working late... stuff like that. If someone asks for directions from their car, I'll stand on the sidewalk and yell rather than get close. Does anyone else ever think about these things?
The rape scene in "Monster" was pretty bad too.
I hear what you're saying. Speaking from a males perspective, I would  never want my signifigant other walking in a dark parking lot, under ground parking lot, going out late at night, etc. You just need to be precautious of your where abouts, the time of day, etc. Sounds crazy but I have seen some women taking a jog at 11:00pm at night when its dark and no one is around. You need to be careful and street smart ladies.

PB

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 06:58:18 AM »
when i worked in the restaurant, i would always walk the girls out at niht or find someone to walk them out.  As for me, i always hoped i'd get jumped by a gang of victoria secret models, kidnapped and held hostage. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 06:46:28 AM »
Only thing I fear is guns...that sucks.
X

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 06:55:57 AM »
and your going into the army?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:30 AM »
Only thing I fear is guns...that sucks.
And they are all over the place including in the hands of children.

PB

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 09:54:42 AM »
when i worked in the restaurant, i would always walk the girls out at niht or find someone to walk them out.  As for me, i always hoped i'd get jumped by a gang of victoria secret models, kidnapped and held hostage. 

Not likely to happen, but you can dream.  :D

In fact if you were to be kidnapped and raped, it would most likely be by a man.

Historically, the rape of males was more widely recognized in ancient times. Several of the legends in Greek mythology involved abductions and sexual assaults of males by other males or gods. The rape of a defeated male enemy was considered the special right of the victorious soldier in some societies and was a signal of the totality of the defeat.

People will tend to fault the male victim instead of the rapist. Stephen Donaldson, president of Stop Prisoner Rape (a national education and advocacy group), says that the suppression of knowledge of male rape is so powerful and pervasive that criminals such as burglars and robbers sometimes rape their male victims as a sideline solely to prevent them from going to the police.

Research indicates that the most common sites for male rape involving post-puberty victims are outdoors in remote areas and in automobiles (the latter usually involving hitchhikers). Boys in their early and mid-teens are more likely to be victimized than older males (studies indicate a median victim age of 17). The form of assault usually involves penetration of the victim anally and/or orally, rather than stimulation of the victim's penis. Gang rape is more common in cases involving male victims than those involving female victims. Also, multiple sexual acts are more likely to be demanded, weapons are more likely to be displayed and used, and physical injury is more likely to occur, with the injuries that do occur being more serious than with injured female rape victims (Porter, 1986).

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
I have a fear of those I love being attacked or raped. I constantly remind the wife where to go and not to and always make sure she has her pepper spray and I have shown he how to defend herself and have armed her as best as possiable. The most important thing to remember is always be aware of your surroundings..males or females.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 10:42:20 AM »
I don't fear it, I have the opposite problem, I was too aggressive and got in to too many fights, yes, sometimes with men!

I am like you Medford.  Aggressive, although I don't get into fights.  It is all about attitude.

I grew up in "the hood"  in Bklyn, you can sense certain dangers.  Growing up I was never afraid to go where I had to go or do what I had to do.  It just was the way it was.  This has carried over to my adult years.
Also helps when you want to work in with the big boys at the gym....How many sets you got left?  Can I work in?

Sandra

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 05:20:36 PM »
Those male rape stats are shocking :o.  I know it happens in jail...but I did not know it was so much more prevelant in society.  That has to effect a man the same way it does a woman.  Total violation!

I have wondered from reading various news articles and seeing some movies...why is it that the "hardcore" males insist on proving their manhood to another guy by raping him.  Generally this type of rape happens to gay men.  But its the straight men doing the raping.  Its a bit of irony if you think about it.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
I'm not going into the army.  and it's guns in the hands of those would do you harm
X

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »
I'm not going into the army.  and it's guns in the hands of those would do you harm

Did your plans change?  I thought yousaid you were...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »
dee I will pass by progym sometime in the near future. If you need backrubs or any kind of special favors at night ;) ;) hit me up sugga..

just push some weight!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »
dee I will pass by progym sometime in the near future. If you need backrubs or any kind of special favors at night ;) ;) hit me up sugga..

You're too nice Alexxx... but two months too late.  I moved and don't train there anymore.  :'(

God I loved that gym!!!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2006, 11:54:34 AM »
i live in fear.  it's healthy.  i took a course in self defense but i doubt that would get me very far.  I'm only 5'6".  the only thing i can count on are my wits.  plus i don't take many risks.

i did learn that you must not be passive.  if you fight back and scream and shout, apparantly, the maniac will be less likely to kill you.  God only knows where they get these statistics from...  I was told as a teen in a classroom to just lie back and think of England and get a good description of the guy.  Then I took myself off to the defense course and was re-educated. 

How do those statsticians know that the ones who end up dead are the passive ones?

I smuggled a pepper spray from Canada and carried it around.  Made me feel safe.  I could never have used it (it's illegal here and they'd have done me for having it), but just having it made me feel big.  I lost my keychain a few weeks ago and shudder to think who ended up with my dog spray.  Now I carry a lemon squeezy.

My theory is that you must not appear vulnerable.  You do not look at a map to see where you're going whilst on the street.  You must go straight from A-Z without stopping.

xLinda

ps:  Paul - if you ever again drive up my road like you did last saturday night and kerb crawl when you see me and call me a crack whore in front of my neighbours, i will call the police and press those charges.  i don't need to apologise to my friends.  you are supposed to behave yourself whilst on bail pending aggrevated assault charges.  i do feel sorry for you, but just go away okay.  I'm not vulnerable.  I'm safe.  get real.  move out of my neighbourhood why don't you.  and when they let you out of timeout here on getbig, i'll leave you to it and you can go back to normal. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
If I still lived in America, I'd have a gun.

Instead, I live in England and carry a jiffy lemon.

Safe?
xL

just run away.  but before you do, kick him very hard in the balls

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »
I lost my keychain a few weeks ago and shudder to think who ended up with my dog spray.  Now I carry a lemon squeezy.

xLinda

xL..you are out there....but freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!  I am still laughing!!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
so i was talking to my sister about this and she said "I don't worry about it, becuase no one messes witha big girl"  after i laughed she kicked my ass. lol

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »
no one messes with a big girl...yup
X

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
yeah figured that out when she caved my chest in lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 07:52:49 PM »
Those male rape stats are shocking :o.  I know it happens in jail...but I did not know it was so much more prevelant in society.  That has to effect a man the same way it does a woman.  Total violation!

I have wondered from reading various news articles and seeing some movies...why is it that the "hardcore" males insist on proving their manhood to another guy by raping him.  Generally this type of rape happens to gay men.  But its the straight men doing the raping.  Its a bit of irony if you think about it.

Not really when you think about it. Rape has never been about sex. It's about aggression & power.
You get a feel for the wouldbe rapists among us by their fixation on aggression towards others.

Inside they feel weak, so in order to bolster their own sense of power, they feel the need to act aggressively towards others. It's just another form of masturbation. Trying to make themselves feel good.
w

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 09:33:41 PM »
Not really when you think about it. Rape has never been about sex. It's about aggression & power.
You get a feel for the wouldbe rapists among us by their fixation on aggression towards others.

Inside they feel weak, so in order to bolster their own sense of power, they feel the need to act aggressively towards others. It's just another form of masturbation. Trying to make themselves feel good.

I gotcha...makes sense.  I would just assume they take out their aggression by punching them in the face. 

Its got to be so horrific going thru something like that...no matter what gender you are.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2006, 05:22:29 AM »
I gotcha...makes sense.  I would just assume they take out their aggression by punching them in the face. 

Its got to be so horrific going thru something like that...no matter what gender you are.

agreed.   I have a friend that worked in a mens crorectional facility and he would write reports on some of the rape victims.  Well the ones they found out about.  said they were pretty brutal.