Author Topic: workout plan  (Read 1426 times)

Football

• Getbig II
workout plan
« on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:12 AM »
 Hi I am young, 16. I want to train for some hardcore body mass. I use my dads Boflex xtreme 2.
 can someone make me a plan, along with supplements.
 NO ROIDS

king

• Getbig III
Re: workout plan
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »
first thing you gotta do is join a gym.. the bowflex wont do much imo

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »
as for supplements. get some protein powder, possibly some creatine (though you might be a little young for that). then eat eat and eat some more

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:31:21 AM »
Definatly need to join a gym dude.  Some gyms out there give student discounts.  Train hard and heavy. Eat!!! get enought protein at least 1.5 grams per pound of body weight.  So a protein powder supplement would be needed ; maybe some glutamine powder which is very important for muscle recovery.  Get at least 8hrs of sleep  a night.  Dont overtrain. Train each muscle group hard and heavy once a week. Do a lot of research.  Don't be afraid to ask questions at the gym or take advice if someone is nice enough to give it to you.  Also remember that not every excercise or variation will work the same for everyone so try different things until you find what works for you but stick with the basics.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:50:08 AM »
you can email me, we can work some prices out. I dont give out info for free though

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »
first thing you gotta do is join a gym.. the bowflex wont do much imo

Gym is definitely not necessary; can make great gains at home as long as the intensity's high and nutrition good. Bowflex is effective and also allows training to failure without a spotter, a big advantage.

As far as programs, hey do the work to find out yourself or pay someone. Plenty of online info; if you're reasonably intelligent it's no big deal to figure it out. ;)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »
I have nothing against using a BowFlex, it can suit the needs of most men and women, with regards to staying  in shape. It suits the average person. People here tend to downgrade this type of machine but everyone does not want to become a Mr. this or that. Just want to look fit and good in clothes (or some guy's, saturday night at a motel). But if Hardcore is the main goal than heavy, compound exercises would be the ideal way to  go.

Training at home is an option, though a much better prime motivator would to be to train in a strictly BB'ing gym. Home training may involve expensive outlays of money to but suitable equipment. Though a chinning and dipping bar could produce very good development for a lot of people. Gymnist come to mine. Adding weight to those exercises makes it even more productive. Legs, at home, are another question. One legged squats or step-up (with added weight) may be the only choice.

Might try joining a gym for a few months (90 days is the usually short period) just to see if you like heavy training. If not, than see about setting up something at home. Search the net for ideas, though this site has some good programs on the front page.

Eat a suitable amount of protein based foods, based on 6 smaller meals a day.. Creatine has show very good results for a lot of people. Good luck.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
Hi I am young, 16. I want to train for some hardcore body mass. I use my dads Boflex xtreme 2.
 can someone make me a plan, along with supplements.
 NO ROIDS
at your age, i'd eat as much as i can, sure make lots of it protein but don't be afraid of carbs and fat since your metabolism runs like wildfire anyway at your age.   Sure a gym would be best but if a bowflex is all you have then simply use it.

I don't know enough about a bowflex to set a routine on it, best i could advise is do a total body workout every other day.
Get some protein powder, i'd avoid creatine at your age.  eat protein bars, heck eat peanut butter sandwiches, don't fear pizza.  your metabolism runs fast at your age, you have to PACK the food into your body.

Good luck and god bless.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »
The idea is to keep your motivation high as well the more you read about body building the more enthusiastic you should become.  Working out at home will keep you in shape......  but I say join a gym just because you will be surrounded by other guys doing the same thing and with good physiques which will help motivate you.  A lot of people try to work out at home and the motivation is not always there due to distractions and its easy to loose interest.  Keep in mind great bodies do not happen overnight.  If you start now dude by your late teens you should be looking awesome.

Keep focused

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 02:25:35 PM »
Home workouts work incredibly well for those suitably motivated, period. Only for the rest is a gym required. A gym might be better later on, if for nothing else than the social aspect and acquisition of a training partner, but it's not needed to cover the basics.

Bowflex, like any form of dynamic resistance, will work effectively for muscle size if the resistance is progressively increased. Just like weights, it can be used either to gain muscle or stay in shape, depending on the training & diet used. Quite amusing the common misperceptions out there about it-those who claim it's just a fitness thang should get back to me after benching 400 lb. on it for reps, first.  ;D