Author Topic: FITNESS LIVES at the Third Annual Sandra Wickham Fall Classic  (Read 3505 times)

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
FITNESS LIVES at the Third Annual Sandra Wickham Fall Classic
« on: November 23, 2006, 05:30:10 PM »
For anyone who thinks fitness is dying, take a look at what's going on up North in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.  At this year's SWFC, an entry level competition, we had an incredible FIFTEEN fitness competitors competing!! (2 were absent for the photo below)

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
Re: FITNESS LIVES at the Third Annual Sandra Wickham Fall Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 05:42:56 PM »
This year's guest performers were IFBB Pros Tanji Johnson and Nicole Rollolazo.  Tanji unveiled her new "hardcore" routine look for 2007 - BAREFOOT!!!  (Actually one of her shoes didn't make it to the venue)  All kidding aside, they rocked the house with an high energy performance in front of a sold out crowd of 640 people.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 07:33:58 AM »
hahahahaha, what a joke.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »
Fitness on the local amatuer level is not as popular, but once you get to the Nationals, its huge.  I think fitness is so physically demanding that if you do not have a strong gymnastics backround, you won't place high.  That being said, pro fitness is the most entertaining part of the Olympia and Arnold.  I'd pay to watch any contest that Jen Hen, Adela or Kim Klein were doing.  In particular, Hendershott, IMO, is the most creative girl competing.  She came out as a nun at one of the Olympia's!!!!  Fitness is a lot more entertaining than watching most muscular after most muscular.  Bodybuilding has a freak factor that makes it entertaining.  I will, however, not attend a local BBing show unless there is a friend competing or a good guest poser due to it being dull as hell

fitfan8869

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
Awesome job Sandra! Way to keep rocking!

And I also agree with Mike in respect to fitness being much more entertaining.  It is also just as physically demanding as bodybuilding, but they do not diet quite as hard.  They have to train just as hard but also have to work every day on two different phyiscally demanding routines. 

And like he said, someone like Hendershott who does a different kick ass routine every single show makes it even harder and more entertaining.  Most girls cannot do that and doing the same routine for 3 or 4 shows in a row makes that a little boring.  I would go watch fitness over bodybuilding any day. 

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »
Sandra,

Your awesome for doing your part girl to keep the sport alive!!!

Can't wait to see you on stage again in 07!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Luv ya,
Lorie

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »

Congrats on another great show, Ross & Sandra!!

... we had an incredible FIFTEEN fitness competitors competing!!

Daddy is very pleased.

I love BC...  ;)

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »
Hey Tre,

You should really make it back to BC for our show.  After selling out the Michael J Fox Theatre for the third straight year, we are moving to the Massey Theatre in 2007 which will give us an additional 500 seats.

I really thought this thread would get more attention, where is everybody these days   ???

Ross

mindio

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
Hey Sandra and Ross!!! ;D

Congrats on such a great turn out!!! It's great to see so many fitness competitors once again on the Canadian scene.....Great job!!!

Happy Holidays!

Mindi O
xo

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 06:50:41 PM »
Big Props to Sandra and Ross for putting on a Fitness show!  In these days of dwindling shows....it's great to see some support for fitness.  Well I guess if Ross, Sandra, Tanji and Nicole have anything to say about it the dwindling is OVER!  Time to make it fly again....pun intended. 

Tanji and Nicole, I am sure your routine rocked and maybe if some ingenious soul has the time, maybe we'll see it on YouTube.

Again, I can't wait 'til next season to get to hang out with you guys.  Winter and Holidays are fun, but so is watching you guys scarf down french fries and chocolate cake like it's the last bit of food on earth!

Hope everyone has an absolutely fantastic holiday season!

Rick Lohre

Shannon Dey

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 04:53:55 AM »
Congrats Girl!!

That picture looks like the numbers that were competing "back in the day" (about 5 years ago! ;) )

You have done a great job up there with promoting fitness!  Thank you and way to go!

XOXO

-Shannon Dey

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »
Fitness on the local amatuer level is not as popular, but once you get to the Nationals, its huge.  I think fitness is so physically demanding that if you do not have a strong gymnastics backround, you won't place high.  That being said, pro fitness is the most entertaining part of the Olympia and Arnold.  I'd pay to watch any contest that Jen Hen, Adela or Kim Klein were doing.  In particular, Hendershott, IMO, is the most creative girl competing.  She came out as a nun at one of the Olympia's!!!!  Fitness is a lot more entertaining than watching most muscular after most muscular.  Bodybuilding has a freak factor that makes it entertaining.  I will, however, not attend a local BBing show unless there is a friend competing or a good guest poser due to it being dull as hell.

Excellent post, Big Mike!  I feel the very same way!  Interesting ... especially since both you and I have bodybuilding backgrounds!

Tanji_Johnson

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »
I got goosebumps when I saw how many Fitness girls there were in the show. When does that happen anymore at a local show?? Well, I will say that having a coach/promoter/chairperson like Sandra Wickham around who cares about the sport definately helps. It was a fantastic show and I have great aspirations of seeing Fitness return to its rise in 2007!! :)

Tanji Johnson
Founder
SAVE FITNESS campaign

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
Great to see you're working hard on the 'save fitness' campaign Tanji. In Holland I competed in fitness too. But on higher level it's very, very hard without a gymnastic background. I like that the fitness girls get to express themselves their own way in their routines. I find bodybuilding routines interesting to watch too, it's their own time and they get to present themselves their own way.

I wish you the best of luck!

Sandra Wickham

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 11:26:12 AM »
Thanks everyone, we're super proud of the fitness ladies here in BC.  They did a great job at our show and many will be going on to our provincial and national level shows in pursuit of their IFBB Pro cards!!  We'll continue to work hard to promote fitness and help women achieve their dream of competing! 

Thanks again to Nicole and Tanji for rockin' the place....it was a blast having you here!!