Author Topic: Bootylicious  (Read 12159 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Bootylicious
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 07:01:45 AM »
I currently drink Nox-Plode in the morning to get me started. I will also take Lipo-6 (Fat Burner) or Redline (Fat Burner), DHEA, Tribulus & Omega 3-6-9 capsules. I will dance as my form of cardio for about 25-30 mins. I use 25 lbs. & 35 lbs. dumbells; I use them to do Sumo Squats, Step-Ups & Stiff-Legged Deadlifts. I can do 2-3 sets of 20, I also do Kickbacks, Flutterkicks & Bridges (3 sets of 10). I do sit-ups & crunches (3 sets of 20). My workout can take anywhere from 1-2 hours (3-4 times a week) give or take. After I workout I will make a Muscle Milk Protein shake, I will drink Cell Mass, I will take a teaspoon of BCAA Powder, I will drink Glutamine mixed in Orange Juice and then I drink my shake. I don't drink as much water as I should, when I do drink water it is distilled water. I have a bad habit of drinking Soda & Coffee, and periodically Alcohol. I still eat junk food, but not a lot; my problem is sometimes I won't eat at all. I try to stop eating by 7pm. I love fruit & veggies, I can eat fruit all day long.

I can tell by your body composition that you workout but that your diet isn't a clean as it needs to be, at least to be where you want.

If you are going to run thermogenics, you need to cycle them or your body will build a tolerance which negates their effect.

Up your protein (Soy + Whey), cut out the soda and alcohol.

Limit your simple sugars, even the fruit, except for post workout meals.

A two hour workout is counterproductive, IMO.

Try to limit the lifting and plyometrics to one hour total, then thirty to fory five minutes afteward of incline treadmill or eliptical for cardio.

For fat burning we want something medium intensity, rather than high impact.

It might also be time to change up your lifting routine.

For my female clients I'll have one routine that deals with resistance training and another alternate workout that applies plyometrics and isometrics.

That way they get a totally different stimulus the next time we work the muscle group.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 07:03:13 AM »
Okay, you definitely have the capacity and genetics to make that butt very round and firm.  Before I began working out, I had a ghetto booty.  In seventh grade, I weighed only 95 pounds but was nicknamed "Titanic Butt."  That should tell you how big my butt was compared to the rest of me.  I think you can often tell where you will put on muscle the quickest and easiest if you just look at the general shape of the muscle group area and then imagine filling it out with muscle.  And then, of course, put the work in and actually create the muscle.

Treat your body like a piece of art...a sculpture.  You have total control.  You hold the tools in your hand.

I would take glutamine with water or directly in your shake.  Cut the juice out.  You're better off with a piece of fruit directly after or just before a workout than you are with a glass of juice.  Unless you stick to only two ounces, you are taking in a lot of sugar.  It may be "nature's sugar," but it will still turn to fat if you don't use it for energy.

Why are you taking Cell Mass?  Just curious.

Cytosport has several lower fat options than Muscle Milk.  Michelle Bell can tell you more about these products.  I believe they have come out with a line that is geared towards women.  In my eyes, Muscle Milk is a product that bodybuilders will use in the off season, especially if they are hardgainers.  It's just so high in fat, and many women don't respond well to it and instead store it.

Are you eating every three hours?  Do you schedule your junk treats/meals?  Try that for a few weeks and see if you can create that habit.  It helps a ton because your mind knows that you will get to eat that sundae or cookies or whatever on Friday night, so you can last until then.

In looking at your workout, you just aren't training with enough weights or with enough volume.  To relegate yourself to two sets of anything won't cut it...unless you are using very heavy weights on those last two sets and you had to build up to that point.

Sumo squats are going to help with the glute to hamstring tie ins.  But they won't really help to lift and round out the butt.  You have to do regular squatting technique, feet shoulder width apart (a little more or little less depending upon what's comfortable for you), toes pointed out by no more than five to ten degrees, and then you squat to a 90-degree angle or slightly more (I do more).  Make sure you are really pushing those hips back and sitting into the squat (act like you are about to sit down on a toilet).  Then push up through your glutes and quads and squeeze your buttocks at the top of the exercise.

I would stick to reps of 12 to 15.  Try supersetting.  Do leg extensions and squats.  Or squats and leg press for a really challenging set.  Leg press and straight leg deadlifts.  Try a wide, wide, wide stance with the straight leg deadlifts.

There are so many things you can do to firm up that booty.  Diet and workouts go hand in hand.  Dedication to your goals will make it happen.
Jodi

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 07:07:26 AM »
While I agree with much of what Division has said, I'm not a fan of soy protein.  I believe there are other and better sources out there.

Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Lean red meat
Any type of fish (though salmon and sea bass should be used as fat sources as well as portein sources)
Tuna
Egg whites
A good whey isolate protein product to drink directly after a workout or cardio session

The more natural your foods are, the better results you will get.  Girls are lucky, especially smaller ones, because we don't have to take in the high numbers of protein grams that the really big guys do.  So we can easily get all of our protein intake from real food and rely on protein powders only for a very quick protein synthesis.
Jodi

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 07:08:59 AM »
...and there you have it Mimi from the best butt in the business.  Listen to what Jodi says  ;)

You'll get there!
:D Weee

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 07:09:16 AM »
Doesnt look that bad. Your ass is above average, i think. Plus you got large breasts going for you in the curves department. I wouldn't stress too much about that, just keep working it and you'll see progress.

Try to get your weight down. You'll look 3 times better, something like cheri is def. attainable and could be a good model for you.

Did you do your homework on nutrition? Too much fruit is NOT a good thing. Lots of sugar in it (fructose -> turns into fat easily). It seems you're motivated, remember that nutrition is even more important than exercise.

Edit: Valid points by Div and Jodi

Edit 2: Maybe she shouldn't cut out all the simple sugars, but use dextrose (instead of the fructose) after her workout for an insulin kick? From what i've read this is very effective, but most people in the bb industry seem to focus more on protein after a workout.
$

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 07:23:26 AM »
I don't think she should necessarily cut out all simple sugars.  They do have a purpose.  But take them in directly after a workout or cardio session.  I found that a tablespoon of honey in oatmeal after my morning cardio was very helpful.  Strawberries or a Granny Smith apple can work as well.
Jodi

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »
Well, I am pleasantly surprised by all of the feedback. I greatly appreciate the advice; I guess my husband has been right all along ( I am my own worst critic).

Once you bring in your tummy and thighs...you are gonna ROCK!!!!!!!! 

How can I get rid of the belly fat & thigh jiggle?

Treat your body like a piece of art...a sculpture.  You have total control.  You hold the tools in your hand.

Why are you taking Cell Mass?  Just curious.

Are you eating every three hours?  Do you schedule your junk treats/meals?  Try that for a few weeks and see if you can create that habit.  It helps a ton because your mind knows that you will get to eat that sundae or cookies or whatever on Friday night, so you can last until then.

In looking at your workout, you just aren't training with enough weights or with enough volume.  To relegate yourself to two sets of anything won't cut it...unless you are using very heavy weights on those last two sets and you had to build up to that point.

Sumo squats are going to help with the glute to hamstring tie ins.  But they won't really help to lift and round out the butt.  You have to do regular squatting technique, feet shoulder width apart (a little more or little less depending upon what's comfortable for you), toes pointed out by no more than five to ten degrees, and then you squat to a 90-degree angle or slightly more (I do more).  Make sure you are really pushing those hips back and sitting into the squat (act like you are about to sit down on a toilet).  Then push up through your glutes and quads and squeeze your buttocks at the top of the exercise.

I would stick to reps of 12 to 15.  Try supersetting.  Do leg extensions and squats.  Or squats and leg press for a really challenging set.  Leg press and straight leg deadlifts.  Try a wide, wide, wide stance with the straight leg deadlifts.

There are so many things you can do to firm up that booty.  Diet and workouts go hand in hand.  Dedication to your goals will make it happen.

Jodi, I love the motivational mantra. I have visited your site and I think you look AWESOME. To answer the question about the Cell Mass, I take it Post-workout to maintain muscle size. I try to maintain a 3 hour eating schedule ( Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner & treat), but I have not been consistent; I have been trying to figure out what foods my body responds to best. I have to develop more discipline.

I plan to start incorporating your suggestions, I also printed off the routine from your website. I plan to pick up the Oxygen Mag. My husband has a bunch of the Muscle & Fitness Mags around the house.

Doesn't look that bad. Your ass is above average, i think. Plus you got big titties going for you in the curves department. I wouldn't stress too much about that, just keep working it and you'll see progress.

Try to get your weight down. You'll look 3 times better, something like cheri is def. attainable and could be a good model for you.

Did you do your homework on nutrition? Too much fruit is NOT a good thing. Lots of sugar in it (fructose -> turns into fat easily). It seems you're motivated, remember that nutrition is even more important than exercise.

Edit: Valid points by Div and Jodi

Edit 2: Maybe she shouldn't cut out all the simple sugars, but use dextrose (instead of the fructose) after her workout for an insulin kick? From what I've read this is very effective, but most people in the bb industry seem to focus more on protein after a workout.

Faust, I appreciate the advice; now I just need to figure out how to get the fat off.

Thanks everyone,

Mimi6

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 07:37:09 AM »
Good luck Mimi! Attitude is a big part of everything and you seem to have a great one.

The kind of assessment you're asking for, really requires a lot of time and you've already gotten excellent advice. It doesn't seem as though you work out hard enough to warrent some of the supplements you're taking. (See Cheri's post). Def cut down on the fruit (and especially eliminate the orange juice) and soda, alcohol. Drink more water.  Looks like you now have some great advice on exercises too from Jodi.

I'll just add my quick 2 cents.  I can see from the side view pic that your posture isn't helping your body shape and will probably lead to lower back probs in the future. Look at how you hyperextend your knees.  I would be willing to bet that a lot of the stress meant for some of the larger muscle groups you're trying to work, especially glutes, is being absorbed by your lower back and so your workouts are less than efficient. Doesn't sound like much, but can make a huge difference. Try standing in front of a full length mirror, side view... shoulders back, chest out, hips tucked forward, knees unlocked.  That should be a natural, relaxed stance. Maybe try to keep that in mind when you exercise. (You'll also see that your stomach/abs will instantly look better.)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 07:55:09 AM »
That brings up an excellent point, DeeDee.  A lot of people don't work out all of their muscle groups evenly.  You want to think symmetry and balance.  So while, Mimi, your goal is to build the perfect behind, you have to also remain cognizant of the rest of your physique and making everything flow.

Don't forget to work your shoulders, your back, your chest, arms, and traps so that they all fit together with your glutes, hammies, and quads.  And don't forget those calves either, which put a finishing touch on the legs.

When you do your squats, be sure your knees don't bend in, and never lockout on leg exercises.  You can injure your knee joint, but you also take away the tension from the muscle upon which you wish to focus.  Keep this in mind for leg press, squats, and hack squats especially.

I also wonder why girls take so many supplements...like a whole army's worth of them?  I'm noticing this a lot lately.  Who recommends this?  I'm trying to think back to when I began lifting.  I may have used protein powder while powerlifting, and I know I tried creatine but didn't see any significant results (tried it once again while doing figure and still didn't notice any true differences), but I really believe that when building a foundation, you should just pick one to three sources that you really believe are best for your regimen and then get down and dirty in the gym and the kitchen.  There just aren't any substitutes for work ethic and good, real food.

That being said, I think you should hold onto your BCAA's, glutamine, and protein powder for a quick source of protein and scrap the rest.  And don't forget your vitamins.
Jodi

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2006, 08:12:04 AM »
I can see from the side view pic that your posture isn't helping your body shape and will probably lead to lower back probs in the future. Look at how you hyperextend your knees.  I would be willing to bet that a lot of the stress meant for some of the larger muscle groups you're trying to work, especially glutes, is being absorbed by your lower back and so your workouts are less than efficient. Doesn't sound like much, but can make a huge difference. Try standing in front of a full length mirror, side view... shoulders back, chest out, hips tucked forward, knees unlocked.  That should be a natural, relaxed stance. Maybe try to keep that in mind when you exercise. (You'll also see that your stomach/abs will instantly look better.)

Deedee, does having a Swayed Back have anything to do with it? My doctor told me years ago that the fact that my back is swayed was a good thing because I would never suffer from Scoliosis.

That brings up an excellent point, DeeDee.  A lot of people don't work out all of their muscle groups evenly.  You want to think symmetry and balance.  So while, Mimi, your goal is to build the perfect behind, you have to also remain cognizant of the rest of your physique and making everything flow.

Don't forget to work your shoulders, your back, your chest, arms, and traps so that they all fit together with your glutes, hammies, and quads.  And don't forget those calves either, which put a finishing touch on the legs.

When you do your squats, be sure your knees don't bend in, and never lockout on leg exercises.  You can injure your knee joint, but you also take away the tension from the muscle upon which you wish to focus.  Keep this in mind for leg press, squats, and hack squats especially.

I also wonder why girls take so many supplements...like a whole army's worth of them?  I'm noticing this a lot lately.  Who recommends this?  I'm trying to think back to when I began lifting.  I may have used protein powder while powerlifting, and I know I tried creatine but didn't see any significant results (tried it once again while doing figure and still didn't notice any true differences), but I really believe that when building a foundation, you should just pick one to three sources that you really believe are best for your regimen and then get down and dirty in the gym and the kitchen.  There just aren't any substitutes for work ethic and good, real food.

That being said, I think you should hold onto your BCAA's, glutamine, and protein powder for a quick source of protein and scrap the rest.  And don't forget your vitamins.

Ultimately my plan is to define the whole body; I guess I have become obsessed about the butt. I do have a questions though; is cardio the only recommendation for reducing body fat and how can we as women combat cellulite?

Mimi6

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »
It is possible to make your ASS bigger & rounder by exercising?

I want an ASS like this:

Mimi6, Ki Toy(my fantasy woman) and Vida, were born with ass. That being said, Ki Toy keeps hers in shape, she does work out, go to her website, she probably has the exercises she does>

But, its kinda like TA trying to become Flex Wheeler, no matter how you try, it was in Flex's genetics to have round, full, muscle bellies 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »
While I agree with much of what Division has said, I'm not a fan of soy protein.  I believe there are other and better sources out there.

Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Lean red meat
Any type of fish (though salmon and sea bass should be used as fat sources as well as portein sources)
Tuna
Egg whites
A good whey isolate protein product to drink directly after a workout or cardio session

The more natural your foods are, the better results you will get.  Girls are lucky, especially smaller ones, because we don't have to take in the high numbers of protein grams that the really big guys do.  So we can easily get all of our protein intake from real food and rely on protein powders only for a very quick protein synthesis.

For women, I recommend Soy due to it's estrogenic properties as well as whey for protein supplementation.

Lean protein sources like turkey, chicken, fish are always preferred for the staple of her diet, but overall she needs a higher protein threshold to counteract the resistance training and additional cardio.

Her workout needs an overhaul as I said.

The women I train all do resistance training to varying levels, but the rep and set schemes are very consistent.  3-4 sets per exercise in the 12-15 rep range and additional supersets and burnouts as necessary.

Most of my women are middle-aged housewives needing base level strength and stability while wanting fat loss.

I'm strict with them, esp on form and effort, but they do see results.

Simple sugars should be limited to post-workout meals with the majority of carbs being complex and spaced out.

The key is to increase metabolism with smaller meals while taking in enough nutrients to support anabolism.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
Deedee, does having a Swayed Back have anything to do with it? My doctor told me years ago that the fact that my back is swayed was a good thing because I would never suffer from Scoliosis.
Mimi6

I don't think your doctor gave you the absolute best advice, and yes, I was referring to that. When you exercise, be sure to follow Jodi's advice in the post above yours...

And of course, she's right about balance, etc. You might want to add some stretching to your routine so that your lower back muscles don't shorten. And then there's the chair... stand against a wall with feet out in front of you, far enough so that when you slide down the wall, your legs are at a perfect 45 degree angle... almost like doing a free squat except the wall supports your back. I'm sure you'll find a space between your lower back and the wall. Try to tck your hips under and push your lower back as close to the wall as possible... and hold that position as long as possible. Of course, nobody has a perfect wood board posture, but you might become more aware of it, and it will only help focus your energy on the muscles you're trying to train.  :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 12:15:31 PM »
If you don't mind me asking; had you always had big booty or did you develop it through working out?

See, I don't have a flat ass it's just not like the ones in the pics. I have decent hips and some cuffability; bottom line I want a small waist and a fat ass.

I have done squats, kickbacks and deadlifts but my thighs are getting tighter. I love that, but my legs have always been easy because I dance. I am predominately black with other ethnicities thrown in for good measure, I lack the junk in the trunk.

Have any advice other than eating a bunch of junk food and becoming a lazy bum?

Mimi6

squats will do it...wear a belt so most of the stabilizing is done by the belt and not your waist muscles..

...and dont just do 4 sets and move on

4 sets..shoulder width
4 sets ..wide stance
4 sets..pause squats..where ya pause in the parallel position..

give it 1 yr...
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 12:49:36 PM »
Some really good info on this thread! :)

Mimi6, you seem to have a lot of focus and desire to accomplish your goals.  You can do it! :D

I thought maybe this pic would give you hope and inspiration:

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »

Mimi6, you seem to have a lot of focus and desire to accomplish your goals.  You can do it! :D

DAMN  :o  It gave me some!!!!  Why didn't you share that with me before Stella  >:(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »
DAMN  :o  It gave me some!!!!  Why didn't you share that with me before Stella  >:(
sorry...I didn't think of it till now..... :-\

There ya go! :D
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
sorry...I didn't think of it till now..... :-\

There ya go! :D
Thanks!  :D  Now I just gotta work on the suit!  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »
i've gotta say that this girl's ass already looks great and thick.

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2006, 03:29:38 PM »

Stella, thanks for the additional inspiration. I am trying to be realistic; between so many of the figure models that I have seen on this forum, I have a desire to look as good. I am just wondering about how long did it take for different ones like Jodi, Laura & Dina. I love the strength, shape & tone of their bodies.

Deedee, thank you for the additional clarification and I will implement your suggestions.

Mimi6

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2006, 03:30:35 PM »
i've gotta say that this girl's ass already looks great and thick.

Just curious, which one?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »
Stella, thanks for the additional inspiration. I am trying to be realistic; between so many of the figure models that I have seen on this forum, I have a desire to look as good. I am just wondering about how long did it take for different ones like Jodi, Laura & Dina. I love the strength, shape & tone of their bodies.

Deedee, thank you for the additional clarification and I will implement your suggestions.

Mimi6

Although we all have different structures, realistically, you CAN get that lean (if I could do it, anyone can).

Most of the time the pictures you see are of these girls in or near contest shape. 

I have done ONE show for which I dieted 10 weeks.  My husband didn't care for how lean I was after about the 7th week, but you can't live your life in contest shape anyway.

I have a friend who used to compete a lot.  She would bulk up after her show and diet sometimes for 16 weeks to get to contest shape.

Jodi would be a good person to be able to give you a ball park time frame on you leaning out to near contest shape (if that is your goal). :)

Also Mimi, I suggest you subscribe to Oxygen Magazine (if you don't already) for additional motivation and information.  I think I read almost all of my back issues that I had during my diet!
R

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 03:48:02 PM »
Stella, thanks again; Jodi & I are in the same height range so I kind of adopted her as my muse. I have been reading her website. I have been trying to find more women with my height and who had started out around my size, kind of works better when you have people who can relate to your situation.

My husband is 6'5" & 196 lbs., he can not relate; although he is terribly supportive & sweet.  :-\

Mimi6

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »

Is that Stella?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2006, 04:00:14 PM »
No, it's Val Waugaman.
R