Author Topic: Frank Zane natural?  (Read 21768 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Frank Zane natural?
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
I have personally talked to Frank & started talking about the darkside of bodybuilding.

When put directly on the spot Frank did not deny use...just simply stated that he's no longer involved in bodybuilding.

I found his reply kind of funny actually & at that point I had mentioned to him that I respect what he brought to bodybuilding in terms of aesthetics & conditioning....his reply was "thanks" & basically said he had to get going.

;D

I've heard this about Zane..very to himself..and not outgoing at all...pretty laid back...if you ever saw the show The GYM on FitTV...Zane does some presentation at the owner's gym and the owner is pretty pissed because Zane was pretty boring (paraphrasing)..then he had Zane at some charity thing and Zane was pretty much the same way..low key and laid back...I guess the guy thought he was getting Plato mixed with Bill Clinton or something...
footloose and fancy free

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »
I've heard this about Zane..very to himself..and not outgoing at all...pretty laid back...if you ever saw the show The GYM on FitTV...Zane does some presentation at the owner's gym and the owner is pretty pissed because Zane was pretty boring (paraphrasing)..then he had Zane at some charity thing and Zane was pretty much the same way..low key and laid back...I guess the guy thought he was getting Plato mixed with Bill Clinton or something...

Honestly...go to an expo & talk to Frank....or hell....even on the street.

He would rather talk about his music, his harmonica, his wife (Christine), her silver business, or the dogs.

Bodybuilding is something he does not want to talk about.  He will talk a little about training but you can tell he wants to be paid for any information he has to say about working out.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »

He would rather talk about his music, his harmonica, his wife (Christine), her silver business, or the dogs.

Bodybuilding is something he does not want to talk about.  He will talk a little about training but you can tell he wants to be paid for any information he has to say about working out.

i'm pretty sure he's gets paid (or commands) about 10K a pop for his lectures/presentations...
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »

I'm thinking Frank is a bit embarrassed about his association with bodybuilding...he probably thinks everyone just sees him as some dumb meathead...
footloose and fancy free

allnatty

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2006, 12:11:18 PM »
Zane was far from natural, the reason he wasn't anything crazy was because the guy lived off of cytomel throughout the year. He killed his thyroid.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »

I'm thinking Frank is a bit embarrassed about his association with bodybuilding...he probably thinks everyone just sees him as some dumb meathead...

Honestly....if you ran into him at the store....you would not even remotely recognize him.  

Kind of funny actually.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2006, 01:10:03 PM »
it would take me two weeks of dieting to look like Zane if i wanted to...but i have more mass than he can dream of ...

Dream on bud, dream on.

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »
Zane was far from natural, the reason he wasn't anything crazy was because the guy lived off of cytomel throughout the year. He killed his thyroid.

Yeah I heard the same, he loved Cytomel.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2006, 05:40:59 PM »

Sounds like kind of a douchebag. Awesome physique nonetheless.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »

If he burned out his thyroid how is he able to maintain his low bf?  On his website the pictures he uses ( I dont know how recently) show him still looking pretty shredded.  How is this done with  a thyroid problem...and if he's using meds, how come he isnt dead yet?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
I asked Zane how he trained, his diet, what drugs, etc, he said, buy my meditation course, my leg blaster, and reprints of my training and nutrition diaries, my new cd, and enrol in my training camp.
And for a mere 20k, you too can learn something that you already knew, that Zane had great aesthetics, good predisposition to get into terrific shape with diet aids, and he trained and ate like anyone else. You can eat, train and take the drugs Zane took, but thats no guarantee you'll look like him.

Am I wrong?

If the guy thinks he's to good for bbing and doesnt wanna talk about it, then he's an asshole, if its from a financial(pay & I'll talk)perspective,then I understand, but theres a limit. I used to look up to him as a kid, but he's starting to sound like a douchebag.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »
Sounds like kind of a douchebag. Awesome physique nonetheless.

I'd like to clear up one thing....

He was very nice guy.

I actually had felt that maybe it was me...so I started asking some friends if they ever run into to him & they said that they had the same experience.