Author Topic: Sergio 1976 - 1985  (Read 41396 times)

body88

Re: Sergio 1976 - 1985
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
It's about time someone says what I just said to ND so he can realize who he really is. You know it's true. That's why you're so quite after I put you to your place with the comparison pics. NUFF SAID.

Actually, I still waiting for you to reply to a post I made in this thread. I even told you to answer my question in another thread. Aahahahaaahahah!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!

You are just mad because Sergio Olivia is the flex wheeler of the ironage. All the potential in the world. Wasted!!!! Arnold was bigger and harder. It is easy to see why he beat Olivia all the times he did.

Keep making excuses and posting measurements and calculations. The bottom line is, Arnold was more ripped, more separated, more muscular and looked better on stage. Arnold had awesome genetics. Sergio had PERFECT genetics. But you know what? He never used them. He never got his ass into shape. He never got seperation in those meat log thighs.

Dont hate, appreciate!!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2006, 11:10:30 AM »
  What do you think was his best year, man? I think he's the most genetically gifted of all times: the only to posses and absolutely flawless structure with long muscle bellies throughout his entire body. However, I think he only looked truly great once. Arnold defeated him mostly to to greater overrall muscularity and hardness. Oliva never seemed to be able to peal for a contest. A true waste. I think he truly failed to live up to his potential, which is a shame, because he could truly have been what Coleman tried and failed: to be a larger version of Wheeler. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sergio without a doubt had a truly fantastic structure , his balance , proportion and muscle distribution are arguably the best of all time , his muscle shape , tiny joints and waist as well complete the effect , his only real problem was conditioning , I've read stories that his diet sucked and he also used to work a 12 hour shift at the meat packing plant and then work out for 2 hours the guy was a machine , with the right diet and better presentation he would have been unstopable , I think 1972 was as good as it gets for him but I guess he came close to that at the 1978 WGGB Mr Olympus contest , but from a structure and balance standpoint Sergio blows Arnold out of the water but it takes more than the best genetics to be the best bodybuilder , I'm a huge fan of Sergios and always have been but Arnold was clearly the more complete bodybuilder but I never seen any footage from the 1972 Olympia so I wouldn't say Arnold beat him outright , the pictures don't give me enough to make a difinitive opinion , it some Arnold looks better and other Sergio does .

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2006, 11:24:58 AM »
goddamn, that's the best most muscular I've ever seen. Sergio looks complete from head to toe - massive chest, traps, delts, biceps, triceps, forearms, quads, and calves. Thanks ND.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
YEAH NICE PIC ND!!!
just push some weight!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »
  What do you think was his best year, man?

I believe Sergio's best year was definitely 1972 closely followed by 1980-81. We all have our own opinions but I think closely followed by Arnold '74, Dorian '93 & Ronnie '99 that Sergio's '72 form is still the greatest physique any bodybuilder has ever displayed, for my eyes anyway.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »
Sergio was a pimp !

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2006, 05:08:50 PM »
Sergio was a pimp !

Damn Bro!!! Keep posting pics! :)
just push some weight!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »
Sergio without a doubt had a truly fantastic structure , his balance , proportion and muscle distribution are arguably the best of all time , his muscle shape , tiny joints and waist as well complete the effect , his only real problem was conditioning , I've read stories that his diet sucked and he also used to work a 12 hour shift at the meat packing plant and then work out for 2 hours the guy was a machine , with the right diet and better presentation he would have been unstopable , I think 1972 was as good as it gets for him but I guess he came close to that at the 1978 WGGB Mr Olympus contest , but from a structure and balance standpoint Sergio blows Arnold out of the water but it takes more than the best genetics to be the best bodybuilder , I'm a huge fan of Sergios and always have been but Arnold was clearly the more complete bodybuilder but I never seen any footage from the 1972 Olympia so I wouldn't say Arnold beat him outright , the pictures don't give me enough to make a difinitive opinion , it some Arnold looks better and other Sergio does .

Let me preface this by saying that I, too, think that Arnold is the greatest overrall bodybuilder. I think Arnold looked truly fantastic at least three different times: at the 171 and 1974 Olympias as well as at the NABBA Mr.Universe. In fact, his form at the 1974 Olympia was, undoubtedly, the best 237 lbs that ever stepped onstage. Period.

Sergio strikes me as possesing the frame and long muscle bellies of Wheeler, with the size potetial of a Lee Haney. That's pretty much as good as it gets, methink. Sergio also struck as being very complete. But then, so was Arnold. To be honest with you, I don't think there's much of a difference in completenss between Arnold and Sergio; I don't think that's the reason why Arnold defeated him so many times. What muscle was Oliva missing ???

Comparing their respective pysiques, Oliva has a better frame as far as aestetics goes, but Arnold had him on bone size. This is what I perceive to be the key difference that made Arnold better than Oliva: raw muscularity with superior hardness&dryness. To be honest with you, I don't think Arnold was more complete than Oliva. From a skeltal perspective, Oliva was superior, and his muscle bellies were rounder and fuller. However, I think that Oliva had some muscle assymetries in his body, such as having very big biceps and triceps but delts that were smaller. Oliva was very complete, in the sense that no muscle was missing from his frame, but Arnold developed his more symmetrically and this is another advantage.

In conclusion, Oliva had the best natural structure and the best muscle structure as well, but Arnold was bigger, harder and develpoped his muscles more evenly, and this is why he defeated Oliva more often. When I compare the two, two things come to mind: that Arnold is significantly more muscular and had more symmetrically developed muscles. But in terms of musco-skeletal structure, Oliva reigned supreme. Is this what you were terying to say, man ??? Because, frankly, I think that Oliva was very complete in terms of his frame and lengh and shape of his muscle bellies. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2006, 06:35:25 AM »
YEAH NICE PIC ND!!!

It's always a pleasure to discuss bodyuilding with NarcissisticDeity. I know a lot about bodyuilding, but everytime he talks, I listen, because his posts are very interesting and thorough. We have been posting at that thread side by side for 700 pages and never address each other there, so it's great to actually debate him at another thread. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2006, 12:39:14 PM »
  Not to mention that never starts bullshit theads about "ownings" and gay jokes, and comes here to discuss what's really important: bodybuilding. Like me, he's one of the few genuine bodybuilding fans here. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2006, 02:27:43 PM »
  It's always a pleasure to discuss bodyuilding with NarcissisticDeity. I know a lot about bodyuilding, but everytime he talks, I listen, because his posts are very interesting and thorough. We have been posting at that thread side by side for 700 pages and never address each other there, so it's great to actually debate him at another thread. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sucky is the man !! he knows his shit as well I know his posts are long sometimes and people don't like to read all of them ,but he always makes his point . I don't agree with him all the time but for the most part we're almost always on the same page , here is more pics of Sergio.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
Sucky is the man !! he knows his shit as well I know his posts are long sometimes and people don't like to read all of them ,but he always makes his point . I don't agree with him all the time but for the most part we're almost always on the same page , here is more pics of Sergio.

Good lord ND, where are you getting all these from :). Keep em coming.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2006, 03:06:23 PM »
Sergio living the life

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »
Most muscular

suckmymuscle

« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »
  Let me preface this by saying that I, too, think that Arnold is the greatest overrall bodybuilder. I think Arnold looked truly fantastic at least three different times: at the 171 and 1974 Olympias as well as at the NABBA Mr.Universe. In fact, his form at the 1974 Olympia was, undoubtedly, the best 237 lbs that ever stepped onstage. Period.

Sergio strikes me as possesing the frame and long muscle bellies of Wheeler, with the size potetial of a Lee Haney. That's pretty much as good as it gets, methink. Sergio also struck as being very complete. But then, so was Arnold. To be honest with you, I don't think there's much of a difference in completenss between Arnold and Sergio; I don't think that's the reason why Arnold defeated him so many times. What muscle was Oliva missing ???

Comparing their respective pysiques, Oliva has a better frame as far as aestetics goes, but Arnold had him on bone size. This is what I perceive to be the key difference that made Arnold better than Oliva: raw muscularity with superior hardness&dryness. To be honest with you, I don't think Arnold was more complete than Oliva. From a skeltal perspective, Oliva was superior, and his muscle bellies were rounder and fuller. However, I think that Oliva had some muscle assymetries in his body, such as having very big biceps and triceps but delts that were smaller. Oliva was very complete, in the sense that no muscle was missing from his frame, but Arnold developed his more symmetrically and this is another advantage.

In conclusion, Oliva had the best natural structure and the best muscle structure as well, but Arnold was bigger, harder and develpoped his muscles more evenly, and this is why he defeated Oliva more often. When I compare the two, two things come to mind: that Arnold is significantly more muscular and had more symmetrically developed muscles. But in terms of musco-skeletal structure, Oliva reigned supreme. Is this what you were terying to say, man ??? Because, frankly, I think that Oliva was very complete in terms of his frame and lengh and shape of his muscle bellies. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hey man, can you reply to this post? Thanks. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

body88

« Reply #340 on: December 21, 2006, 07:48:41 PM »
Sergio blows Arnold out of the water!!!

Not even close. Other way around my friend. Just look at how huge/ripped/seperated Arnie is.Sergio was huge no doubt. But,that tiny dome piece Sergio was sporting makes him look cartoonish while standing alone. When he stood next to others it was a different story.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #341 on: December 21, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »

Not even close. Other way around my friend. Just look at how huge/ripped/seperated Arnie is.Sergio was huge no doubt. But,that tiny dome piece Sergio was sporting makes him look cartoonish while standing alone. When he stood next to others it was a different story.

Where did you find that cool pic of Sergio's most muscular?
just push some weight!

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #342 on: December 21, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »
Hey look it's Dexter Jackson with hair in the bottom left corner. lol.

body88

« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2006, 09:26:07 PM »
Where did you find that cool pic of Sergio's most muscular?

Nd found it. I must admit, Sergios foraems are pretty crazy in that pic :o

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #344 on: December 22, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »

Nd found it. I must admit, Sergios foraems are pretty crazy in that pic :o

That's the coolest physique!
just push some weight!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V