Author Topic: High Protein Diets May Boost Cancer Risk  (Read 7129 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: High Protein Diets May Boost Cancer Risk
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 08:49:17 PM »

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »
Dead.

I mean, is that what you think a valid argument is?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 08:51:17 PM »
so what?

they say too much vitamin E can cause cancer

it's mostly genetics

E
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 08:51:45 PM »

I mean, is that what you think a valid argument is?

Valid for what?  It IS valid because you cannot argue against it.   It is a simple truth.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »
Valid for what?  It IS valid because you cannot argue against it.   It is a simple truth.

LOL, validity has nothing to do with truth.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

LOL, validity has nothing to do with truth.

Of course it does.  A valid argument has to contain some semblance of truth or it just become asinine.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »
Of course it does.  A valid argument has to contain some semblance of truth or it just become asinine.

Demonstrate.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 08:56:42 PM »
Actually Adonis is right! carbs, sugar and fat is cheaper than protein

Junk food is pretty cheap in America, eating healthy is pretty pricey

on some levels that is why there are so much fat people in America, food is very cheap and you get very large portions.

for about $5-10 you can buy a filling meal of junk food.

a dozen donuts is probably $4 + $2 for a 2 liter coke
Here comes the money shot

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 09:29:28 PM »
Everybody gets cancer multiple times in their lifetime.

What determines whether or not this becomes cancer in the sense we know it is the severity and number of genetic mutations (especially in the p50 gene) and one's natural genetic proofreading and repair machinery.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
Everybody gets cancer multiple times in their lifetime.

What determines whether or not this becomes cancer in the sense we know it is the severity and number of genetic mutations (especially in the p50 gene) and one's natural genetic proofreading and repair machinery.

Really- so some of us might have it now?

Me, I'm still waiting for the true adonis to show why a valid argument has to be true ::) ::)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
Part of the problem with "cancer" is the loose defintions that are sometimes applied to it.

You need aberrant cell signaling and usually in human cells a 3 punch combination of problems to make a malignancy happen. Tumour suppressor proteins and genes are easier to mess with to help in induction of a cancer while mutating a proto-oncogene usually requires a much more specific mutation.

Furthermore, insofar as deciding what is going to cause cancer, they know very little to be absolutely true when it comes to cancer and what causes it. Eat healthy, try not to get fat, stay away from smoke and burned food, power lines, fuck you know even bananas can be carcinogenic.

Live and have fun. Try to stay healthy. If you get cancer, try to take care of it, that is about all you can do.

If anyone wants a great book about Cancer Biochem, PM me and I can let you on to a doozy. Really informative, although sometimes heavy. If you read it though, you will be miles ahead of other people in understanding this cellular condition they call cancer   :D

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:24 PM »
Part of the problem with "cancer" is the loose defintions that are sometimes applied to it.

You need aberrant cell signaling and usually in human cells a 3 punch combination of problems to make a malignancy happen. Tumour suppressor proteins and genes are easier to mess with to help in induction of a cancer while mutating a proto-oncogene usually requires a much more specific mutation.

Furthermore, insofar as deciding what is going to cause cancer, they know very little to be absolutely true when it comes to cancer and what causes it. Eat healthy, try not to get fat, stay away from smoke and burned food, power lines, f**k you know even bananas can be carcinogenic.

Live and have fun. Try to stay healthy. If you get cancer, try to take care of it, that is about all you can do.

If anyone wants a great book about Cancer Biochem, PM me and I can let you on to a doozy. Really informative, although sometimes heavy. If you read it though, you will be miles ahead of other people in understanding this cellular condition they call cancer   :D

In general, we know very little about cell signaling.

It is truly mind boggling how complex cell signaling truly is.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 09:47:15 PM »
In general, we know very little about cell signaling.

It is truly mind boggling how complex cell signaling truly is.

You are so correct man. It is kind of scary but neat at the same time.

From personal experience it can also really suck when trying to explain phenomena in experiments when you know for sure you don't have nearly all the imformation at your disposal. There will always be jobs in it though  :)

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 10:00:15 PM »
I should have taken bio in first year! :-\

Fuck, the body is an amazing thing :o

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2006, 10:07:44 PM »
I should have taken bio in first year! :-\

f**k, the body is an amazing thing :o

Efficient too.  Exactly the reason you don`t need over 700 lbs of meat,(300-350 grams of protein a day) to build 64 Ounces of muscle(amount for a hard training natural) in a year.

People are too dumb to realize this though.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »
Efficient too.  Exactly the reason you don`t need over 300 lbs of meat,(300-350 grams of protein a day) to build 64 Ounces of muscle(amount for a hard training natural) in a year.

People are too dumb to realize this though.

naw that would be more like 700lbs of meat.   2lbs of meat or so a day = 350g protein, if meat is your only source.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »
naw that would be more like 700lbs of meat.   2lbs of meat or so a day = 350g protein, if meat is your only source.

hahah yah, it would be more like 700.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »
haha i've been eating a lot of frozen foods since i moved into my apt., i'm not one that likes spending time cooking.  I've easily been eating more fat than protein.  i'm getting sick of that food though, going more towards sandwiches and pasta.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006, 10:28:02 PM »
haha i've been eating a lot of frozen foods since i moved into my apt., i'm not one that likes spending time cooking.  I've easily been eating more fat than protein.  i'm getting sick of that food though, going more towards sandwiches and pasta.

I have been eating very well.  I get these Gigantic cookies from the store.  hahahah...Egg Nog is out now too and I drink a lot of that as well.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2006, 10:39:07 PM »
Yes, I'm not denying that I probably eat way more protein than I need.

I've got the same reason as anybody- when I was new to bodybuilding, I read around, and it all seemed to point to high protein as the way to go. I am naturally sceptical and read things critically, so I treated my acceptance of this tentatively. Now, I do get insecure about cutting back on protein- I fear muscle loss.

Having said that, I believe it's working. I am still getting stronger, and I believe I am adding more muscle. So, why fix it if it ain't broke? I'd rather err on the side of caution.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »
Yes, I'm not denying that I probably eat way more protein than I need.

I've got the same reason as anybody- when I was new to bodybuilding, I read around, and it all seemed to point to high protein as the way to go. I am naturally sceptical and read things critically, so I treated my acceptance of this tentatively. Now, I do get insecure about cutting back on protein- I fear muscle loss.

Having said that, I believe it's working. I am still getting stronger, and I believe I am adding more muscle. So, why fix it if it ain't broke? I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Pascal`s Wager eh?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 01:35:59 AM »
High Protien=Not good.

At least I would say there's no point of a high protein diet. Carbs are the best source for energy.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 01:41:01 AM »
Excessive protein over long time can cause other problems besides canser. Like cholesterol, believe it or not. Higher metabolism generally means shorter life. But this is all very individual-based, and also - one has to make choices in life and take risks. No one is forcing us to lift weights, down protein shakes and pin ASS, as well as nobody's forcing the other guy to eat at McD's all the time. Yeah, you can blame things on media, society and peer pressure...But if you do - you're just a week looser who can't accept repsonsibility for own actions.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »
TA, you keep talking about your 'principles', lay 'em out for us.  We keep getting titbits, maybe you might be on the right track but nobody knows due to a lack of complete info. 
It hasn't helped...

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 03:36:36 AM »
Pascal`s Wager eh?

Very much so. Keeps me alseep at night.