Author Topic: Black people 'should get over' slavery? Comment stuns lawmakers in Virginia  (Read 24577 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Handouts don't solve anything and the black community has the hand out mentality so ingrained in their culture...

Keep in mind that our country spends far more to lock up young Black men than we do to educate them.  I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but as I recall, we spend 4 times as much on imprisoning them.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Keep in mind that our country spends far more to lock up young Black men than we do to educate them.  I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but as I recall, we spend 4 times as much on imprisoning them.

Well, that's in large part due to the worthless and pointless war on drugs. I dunno the exact stat, but aren't 50% of inmates drug offenders? Legalize and tax marijuana and you wont have to lock up a youngster for having a joint in his mouth, but the nazis wont allow that.  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
The relatives of japanese internment camp victims during WWII have received reparations as well.

"The United States Government has paid $1.2 billion or $20,000 per person for each Japanese American illegally imprisoned in American concentration camps during World War II. Further, the American government has issued an apology for the illegal imprisonment of the Japanese in America."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Well, that's in large part due to the worthless and pointless war on drugs. I dunno the exact stat, but aren't 50% of inmates drug offenders? Legalize and tax marijuana and you wont have to lock up a youngster for having a joint in his mouth, but the nazis wont allow that.  ::)

Right.  We allowed our government to get away with deciding that there is somehow a distinction between powdered cocaine and crack.

Same drug, different sentencing. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
The best repayment plan, however, would involve making sure that all our nation's public schools are providing an adequate education for all people.

Agree.
S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Agree.

Definitely agree. Education is the ultimate Reparation.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
"The United States Government has paid $1.2 billion or $20,000 per person for each Japanese American illegally imprisoned in American concentration camps during World War II. Further, the American government has issued an apology for the illegal imprisonment of the Japanese in America."

did the US give money to the people that were in the interment camps or their offspring? I dont support reperations at all. Mainly because it would be hard to track down acctual anscestory. Would we give reperations to all blacks in the US or just the ones who are dirrect anscestors of slaves? how much would we give? I think that if we give anything (which wont happen) it should be whatever people were paid back then. It wouldnt be much but maybe it would make them happy. Why not give them like .02c per hour for 20 years that would be like 832$. I dont think that it would be right to give any more because why do they deserve it? People say because they helped form america. Yea they did but so did the other people that were around then, they didnt get anymore than that.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
did the US give money to the people that were in the interment camps or their offspring? I dont support reperations at all. Mainly because it would be hard to track down acctual anscestory. Would we give reperations to all blacks in the US or just the ones who are dirrect anscestors of slaves? how much would we give? I think that if we give anything (which wont happen) it should be whatever people were paid back then. It wouldnt be much but maybe it would make them happy. Why not give them like .02c per hour for 20 years that would be like 832$. I dont think that it would be right to give any more because why do they deserve it? People say because they helped form america. Yea they did but so did the other people that were around then, they didnt get anymore than that.

Agree
S

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Keep in mind that our country spends far more to lock up young Black men than we do to educate them.  I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but as I recall, we spend 4 times as much on imprisoning them.
DO young blacks stay in school or do they work at 15 to support their illegitimate children and sell drugs?  Whose fault is it they drop out at high numbers.  Their parents had children young which makes the chances of them doing it higher and they do and take my tax dollars to feed themselves and their children.

If we gave blacks reparations it would be the Dave Chapelle skit in real life.  Cadillac would surpass all other car companies and diamonds would lose value so quick.

Definitely agree. Education is the ultimate Reparation.
They choose not to take advantage of education and piss my tax dollars away.  That's all the money I want/have to give and that is too much for how they treat it.
Squishy face retard

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
They choose not to take advantage of education and piss my tax dollars away.  That's all the money I want/have to give and that is too much for how they treat it.

Is it ok to use your money to send predominantly Black and Latino people (relative to their percentage in the population) to their deaths in Iraq? 

Cap

• Getbig V
Is it ok to use your money to send predominantly Black and Latino people (relative to their percentage in the population) to their deaths in Iraq? 

Hell if my gf wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd be over there sniping those fuckers.  And yes, if THEY sign up, more power to them.  They get a GI Bill out of it.
Squishy face retard

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
Hell if my gf wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd be over there sniping those fuckers.  And yes, if THEY sign up, more power to them.  They get a GI Bill out of it.

me too but its too late mow. I am having a babie on 7/15 so now it is deff. to late

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger

VOLUNTEER ARMY.  and as an article i posted earlier, the percentages of races in the armed forces are close to the rest of the population, much closer thatn what you woudl believe.
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
The main reason US became such an industrial power was due to its factories in the North.  The unions economy was much larger and growing quickly whie the southern states had nowhere but down to go.
Valhalla awaits.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
They get a GI Bill out of it.

lol @ a GI Bill

If only people realized just how little worth those things have today...

Cap

• Getbig V
lol @ a GI Bill

40 grand signing bonus and 50 grand after service aint bad dude.  Esp if you come from nothing and save money if you and spouse live on base and she can save money
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
40 grand signing bonus and 50 grand after service aint bad dude.  Esp if you come from nothing and save money if you and spouse live on base and she can save money

Take a pell grant and/or stafford loan, work PT at the mall, and don't get shot at.  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
i agree about the asians, asian americans aretypically model citizens...they quietly go about their business and get stuff done, they succeed, they are respectful, dont whine all the time, dont expect reparations for the chinese labor that built up california, and most importantly DONT CAUSE CRIME/PROBLEMS/SOCIAL CANCERS SUCH AS THE HIP-HOP'THUG' CULTURE.

asian americans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>black americans

Dude, you clearly know nothing about Asians. No disrepect to Asians intended. Some of my best friends and business partners are Asians, but you clearly know nothing about their culture, or their attitudes, or their crime stats, because so rarely do they get reported. And as for crime committed by Asians, don't even think of messing with a member of a triad. {lol} don't even LOOK the wrong way at someone who knew someone who heard of someone in a triad.   :o

Just because the media like to sensationalize their reports about the mouse in your house, ...don't for a minute mistake that one tiny mouse, as more dangerous than the 500 scorpions, and 300 rattlesnakes slithering around through your vents. something for you to think about. 8)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Current blacks have not felt the direct effects of slavery.  Do you see Jews asking for reparations?  Do they cry about everything?  No.  they are the most persecuted people throughout history IMO and you hear little bitching from them compared to blacks.

This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard on these boards. What the f do YOU know about what current blacks today are feeling. What do YOU know about what it's like to be Black. Go read "Black Like Me". until then stfu. ::) {please and thankyou}
w

24KT

• Getbig V
The funny shit is that illegals think they have the right to march into this country because cali and texas were once a part of mexico.

Why wouldn't they? America's long time support for Zionism, and complicity in human rights abuses by Israel based on a supposed ancestral claim to the land, sets a pretty clear precedent don't ya think?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
i can dig it beach bum...I damn sure dont think we need reparations...seriously speaking....giving a bunch of niggas (as opposed to black people)  money is not going to help the country at all. depending on the amount i dont see it really benefitting our country.

Oh I don't know about that, ...could cause the economy to soar,
...at least, ...according to these economists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnloMMvC_8k
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard on these boards. What the f do YOU know about what current blacks today are feeling. What do YOU know about what it's like to be Black. Go read "Black Like Me". until then stfu. ::) {please and thankyou}
I have to admit getting a chuckle out of this, "Do you see Jews asking for reparations?  Do they cry about everything?  No..."  ;D Oh boy, no comment :P

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
The past is the past, you can't change so why sit around and dwell on it, move forward, be positive and move on to bigger and better things.................. .... or you can act like an immature ni66er and make excuses as to why your not succeeding, bring up things that happened well before your lifetime while forgeting that the place you came from is now filled with civil war, an aids epidemic and a hunger crisis.

Get over it, it has happened to every race of people on this earth at some point in time and life goes on so man up and don't take it like a bitch.
I

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
lol @ a GI Bill

It hooked me up when I needed it.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV

You go Jag!

show me one race where their past isn't having a direct effect on their present life.
Look at the Kennedy family for example.  Good or bad, your past helps shape your life.

The GI bill, really?  What happens to the money if you get killed while serving your country?
The media doesn't have screaming headlines about how military personnel come home to find lousy benefits.
Going to the VA for medical help is a joke.  Coming home and finding your family homeless due to not being able to pay rent.  Having to rely on Public assistance.

And using a GF/baby as an excuse for not joining the military is weak.  Either you man up and join or you don't.
There are people in the military serving with circumstances that are the same as yours or worse.

Sandra