Author Topic: Gene Rychlak DWARFING pro bodybuilders.  (Read 7510 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Gene Rychlak DWARFING pro bodybuilders.
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 02:40:39 AM »
His brother lifts at my gym, he is kinda weird... I have seen him train wearing baggy sweatpants, long sleeve flanel with sleeves rolled up half un tucked with snow boots on. He usually trains at night so I don't see him often since I open the gym in the morning.

You're right that is weird. He should be wearing spandex and a wifebeater and otomix boots.
Z

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 02:49:03 AM »
You're right that is weird. He should be wearing spandex and a wifebeater and otomix boots.

It was august/september.......
I

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 02:50:21 AM »
True that.

My guess would be maybe 600 lbs.

Epic fat pressure in that shirt.

Gene Rychlak would probably be around 220 lbs if he decided to cut. Right now he's around 440 lbs.

An epic fatso.

-Hedge

True!
Do you think he could make a good figure of himself in WSM? Is he that functional?  
S

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 02:52:48 AM »
Heres gene pwning the likes of ronnie and jay.

He makes Zane look like chadwick Mower.
he looks obese and where as jay and ronnie look like pro bodybuilders..lol ;D
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 04:05:29 AM »
...."owning Ronnie and J"?
WTF--nothing but respect for his lifting poundages but is he really owning anyone? I mean who would YOU rather look like Ronnie, Jay or chubzie ubzie ???

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 04:09:57 AM »
...."owning Ronnie and J"?
WTF--nothing but respect for his lifting poundages but is he really owning anyone? I mean who would YOU rather look like Ronnie, Jay or chubzie ubzie ???

Yes. Apparently, being 400+ pounds of pure fat is enough to own the top two BBers in the world. Monster rationality.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 05:55:05 AM »
Yes. Apparently, being 400+ pounds of pure fat is enough to own the top two BBers in the world. Monster rationality.

If that's the case, Kamali owns Rychlak several times over.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 06:05:23 AM »
So santa claus' kid is a power lifter
L

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:50 AM »
he can bench over 1000 pounds you fat assed pussy.

Assisted.  Kamali does it weekly with his 10 training partners.  :D
Motherboy (the band).

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:51 AM »
Gene would be a great case study for The True Adonis principles. would be good to see whats under all that fat. Much more interesting than that lame Tweeter guy.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 08:43:29 AM »
What's his best raw bench?

supposed ly in the low 6's

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 10:44:57 AM »
Wow,Gene gets ripped for benching in a shirt.Do you people realise that ALL decent powerlifting feds allow shirts?Id be willing to bet that NOT ONE GUY here could bench 1005 no matter what you were wearing.In fact,99% of the guys'  arms would shatter just holding that type of weight.Give the guy his due.Everyone wears a bench shirt,only Gene has done a legit 1000lb bench.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2007, 10:49:23 AM »
Wow,Gene gets ripped for benching in a shirt.Do you people realise that ALL decent powerlifting feds allow shirts?Id be willing to bet that NOT ONE GUY here could bench 1005 no matter what you were wearing.In fact,99% of the guys'  arms would shatter just holding that type of weight.Give the guy his due.Everyone wears a bench shirt,only Gene has done a legit 1000lb bench.

If it's true that his bench is in the 600's raw but his shirted bench is over 1000 don't you find it a little too much that a shirt would add 400 lbs. to his bench?

No one is saying the guy isn't insanely strong but what the hell is the point of an artificial device adding 400 lbs. to your total number? That's nearly 70%.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
Heres gene pwning the likes of ronnie and jay.

He makes Zane look like chadwick Mower.

He looks like a wide HIPPO from the local Zoo standing next to greek statues like Cutler or coleman....hahaha
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »
hahaha, I loved it when this tub's shirt split at the O and the weight fell on him.  Classic entertainment.

lol....I heard he had a bruised Rib, after that inccident
Get Big, or Die Trying

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
If it's true that his bench is in the 600's raw but his shirted bench is over 1000 don't you find it a little too much that a shirt would add 400 lbs. to his bench?

No one is saying the guy isn't insanely strong but what the hell is the point of an artificial device adding 400 lbs. to your total number? That's nearly 70%.
I read somewhere that Gene never benches more than 500 without a shirt. Some experts speculate he gets at least 440 from the shirt. I know he has missed 900 in the shirt because he couldn't get it to touch! It's that tight.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »

lol....I heard he had a bruised Rib, after that inccident
benches with a twist!

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2007, 02:36:40 PM »
his gut is so huge he probably has a 2" range of motion when he benches.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 02:48:12 PM »

that's a bit misleading, though. it only "adds" that much because his training doesn't focus on bottom end strength. i have no doubts if he was concentrating on raw all this time he'd have broken mendy's raw record by now.

if i get someone with a 405 raw bench into a shirt, chances are it'll be a long time before they can even get 500, no matter what kind of shirt it is. if i train that guy nonstop with bands, chains, and lockouts and get his top end strength high enough so he can bench 750 now, but his chest didn't get any stronger, that would leave him with a 405 raw bench and a 750 shirted.

so does that mean he gets 325 pounds from the shirt? of course not. remember at the beginning he wasn't getting even 100 pounds out of it because his triceps, shoulders, and likely lats weren't strong enough. the only way to "get" more out of the shirt is to "get" stronger in the areas most applicable to shirted benching. you dig?

it's really misleading when people read that so and so has a shirted bench 400 pounds over their raw because they think that a shirt can somehow add 400 pounds to the full ROM of the press when it's only the lower half. otherwise everyone with a 600 pound raw bench would be doing 1000+ in their shirts, but it's only two guys. not only that, but  there are quite a few guys benching over 600 raw. kennelly, siders, nick winters, mendy, jeremy hoornstra spring to mind. out of them, only one has over 1000 pounds shirted (aside from gene himself).

nick's an even stranger case. he's going to break the raw record soon, probably going to be the first to get 800 raw. yet he doesn't get much of anything from a shirt. but if you listened to the message boards, he should be able to throw on a double ply denim and bench 1100.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »
that's a bit misleading, though. it only "adds" that much because his training doesn't focus on bottom end strength. i have no doubts if he was concentrating on raw all this time he'd have broken mendy's raw record by now.

if i get someone with a 405 raw bench into a shirt, chances are it'll be a long time before they can even get 500, no matter what kind of shirt it is. if i train that guy nonstop with bands, chains, and lockouts and get his top end strength high enough so he can bench 750 now, but his chest didn't get any stronger, that would leave him with a 405 raw bench and a 750 shirted.

so does that mean he gets 325 pounds from the shirt? of course not. remember at the beginning he wasn't getting even 100 pounds out of it because his triceps, shoulders, and likely lats weren't strong enough. the only way to "get" more out of the shirt is to "get" stronger in the areas most applicable to shirted benching. you dig?

it's really misleading when people read that so and so has a shirted bench 400 pounds over their raw because they think that a shirt can somehow add 400 pounds to the full ROM of the press when it's only the lower half. otherwise everyone with a 600 pound raw bench would be doing 1000+ in their shirts, but it's only two guys. not only that, but  there are quite a few guys benching over 600 raw. kennelly, siders, nick winters, mendy, jeremy hoornstra spring to mind. out of them, only one has over 1000 pounds shirted (aside from gene himself).

nick's an even stranger case. he's going to break the raw record soon, probably going to be the first to get 800 raw. yet he doesn't get much of anything from a shirt. but if you listened to the message boards, he should be able to throw on a double ply denim and bench 1100.
Thank you for this post.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2007, 05:28:30 AM »
that's Massive Gay, right?