Author Topic: Is there a pro in the world who does full reps on anything????????????  (Read 9873 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Is there a pro in the world who does full reps on anything????????????
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 09:39:08 PM »
i just watched part of BFTO '06 and as i'm watching it i'm thinking to myself, "are you fuccking kidding me?", look i understand the whole continuous tension and stress on the muscle stuff but come on, Jonnie Jackson is the worst, this guy's reps are so damn short on everything he may as well not even be doing it.

you gotta remember

1) quality of contraction betters itself over time
2) there is such a thing as target ROM VS full ROM
3) the angle and ROM DO change as one gets bigger...
4) getting bigger usually involves more goodies

now i hate using the term "when i ws big" but there ws a time i had some wheels on me..and over time my ROM on leg curls and stiffys got shorter and more concise....i could get a full contraction in my leg hammies with a MUCH sorter ROm than what i had initially started with...

people that have never juiced (for juice DOES increase how much better one can 'feel' a muscle) <so does vanadyl>wont understand what i'm getting at..
carpe` vaginum!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 02:06:08 AM »
  Dorian Yates' training form in "Blood&Guts" is impeccable. You can trust me on this one, for I have a degree in exercise physiology. Other pros that were very strict trainers include Platz, Labrada, Mentzer and Gaspari. In fact, Gaspari would take strict reps to a ridiculous degree, as he would emphasize both the isometric and eccentric parts of the rep, making each rep last for what appeared to be 10 seconds or so. Was this, perhaps, the reason or his absurd vascularity?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2007, 02:20:04 AM »
i just watched part of BFTO '06 and as i'm watching it i'm thinking to myself, "are you fuccking kidding me?", look i understand the whole continuous tension and stress on the muscle stuff but come on, Jonnie Jackson is the worst, this guy's reps are so damn short on everything he may as well not even be doing it.
For once you are right. The only pro doing real reps is Ronnie, that is also the one that trains heavier and with more intensity, that is why he could win 8 Sandows in a row, wich in the next 50 years no one will. And, I don't like Ronnie!
S

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 03:41:35 AM »
Shawn Ray's form was very good
I am a mini beast

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 05:49:20 AM »
you gotta remember

1) quality of contraction betters itself over time
2) there is such a thing as target ROM VS full ROM
3) the angle and ROM DO change as one gets bigger...
4) getting bigger usually involves more goodies

now i hate using the term "when i ws big" but there ws a time i had some wheels on me..and over time my ROM on leg curls and stiffys got shorter and more concise....i could get a full contraction in my leg hammies with a MUCH sorter ROm than what i had initially started with...

people that have never juiced (for juice DOES increase how much better one can 'feel' a muscle) <so does vanadyl>wont understand what i'm getting at..

excellent post!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

Who gives shit look at the results.  You can continue to do full range and think your better. >:(
Fuckface.......That's for highjacking my other thread c u n t!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
Just adept to a style that works for your own body.

Hope this helps..

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
shock and feed. shock and feed.
-

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »
Who gives shit look at the results.  You can continue to do full range and think your better. >:(
Fuckface.......That's for highjacking my other thread c u n t!
hahahahaha, ok "big wiggs" when are we going to see some proof of youre famous 365 for 10 bench press at what appears to be 180 bodyweight?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
What looks bad are 3" ROMs + minimal effort, going thru the motions.

Combined it looks like a joke, like furiously fast 2" steps on a stairmaster.

thepeg

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 04:42:39 AM »
apparently this technique must work! i guess their trying to build up as much muscle as they can as opposed to impressing the wanna bes standing around watching them.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 05:16:07 AM »
apparently this technique must work! i guess their trying to build up as much muscle as they can as opposed to impressing the wanna bes standing around watching them.

What's unclear is whether guys with good physiques used this same style from the beginning, or only later when they got lazy.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:29 AM »
Lee Priest uses very good form, watch his videos (texbook form). Yates and Levrone are other ones that comes to mind

!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2007, 06:34:04 AM »
Lee Priest uses very good form, watch his videos (texbook form). Yates and Levrone are other ones that comes to mind

lee priest doesn't use text book form at all. have you actually seen him do bb curls for instance?

he does what works for him, as do the others. there are so many variables with what constitutes 'very good form' it's not even worth getting started on it.

text book form is for text book people.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2007, 06:52:21 AM »
  Other pros that were very strict trainers include Platz, Labrada, Mentzer and Gaspari.
Platz has the worst form of any pro or any person I've ever seen in any gym. He would bounce and gyrate to the extreme after he hit failure. He he weren't Platz he would have been thrown out of every gym he trained at.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
Platz has the worst form of any pro or any person I've ever seen in any gym. He would bounce and gyrate to the extreme after he hit failure. He he weren't Platz he would have been thrown out of every gym he trained at.
hahahahahaha, ok "van bilderass". ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2007, 06:57:57 AM »
hahahahahaha, ok "van bilderass". ::)
Have you seen footage of him training? On the UK seminar tour of 1990 tape there is some amazing footage. Has to be seen to be believed. Platz would continue an exercise until the weight simply didn't move at all, even with a spotter assisting.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »
Have you seen footage of him training? On the UK seminar tour of 1990 tape there is some amazing footage. Has to be seen to be believed. Platz would continue an exercise until the weight simply didn't move at all, even with a spotter assisting.
i've seen footage of him squatting and he uses some of the best form i've ever seen, i've never seen a more natural movement, like a piston moving up and down.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2007, 07:06:22 AM »
i've seen footage of him squatting and he uses some of the best form i've ever seen, i've never seen a more natural movement, like a piston moving up and down.
Yeah, the squats are flawless. Perfect Olympic style squats. The leg extensions and dumbell presses are something else though.

I wish someone with the tape I talked about would rip the training segment and post on youtube. Does anyone here have it?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 07:09:25 AM »
maybe you confused the video with Gunthers Rockhard?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 07:15:58 AM »
It's all just a means to an end in bodybuilding...free weights, DB's, BB's, machines, rocks tied to a broomstick...

IT DOESN'T MATTER!

so if I understand what you're saying is that a shoulder machine is as effective as doing behing the neck press with 315lbs, Bob ???

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »
so if I understand what you're saying is that a shoulder machine is as effective as doing behing the neck press with 315lbs, Bob

you do full reps while sucking cock homo

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 08:03:10 AM »
What's unclear is whether guys with good physiques used this same style from the beginning, or only later when they got lazy.

neither of which apply to you and your bowflex. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
lee priest doesn't use text book form at all. have you actually seen him do bb curls for instance?

he does what works for him, as do the others. there are so many variables with what constitutes 'very good form' it's not even worth getting started on it.

text book form is for text book people.

Hve you watched Another BLonde Myth?
Squishy face retard

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 08:32:45 AM »
Hve you watched Another BLonde Myth?

nah, but i have seen him train and there was nothing strict or full range about it.