Author Topic: how come no one claims Dems lied about WMD?  (Read 19174 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: how come no one claims Dems lied about WMD?
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »
great analysis, OzmO.  You have disassembled him and exposed him as not really basing his opinions in fact.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2007, 10:00:56 AM »
Thanks for responding.  I appreiciate that.  I'm also waiting fro someone to tell me about "the freedom fo speech thing"  but i guess if you can't show examples of how 240 abused it then i'll assume it was just a irresponsible comment.

Now to your response.

BUSh did start the war in Iran.  WE invaded that country.  Are you confusing this with Al Queda starting the war on terrorism?  That would stupid mistake to confuse the two comments right?  I'm sure you are not doing that are you? 

So can we agree:  AMERICA INVADED IRAQ?   thus starting the Iraq war?

So how is telling the truth about how the Iraq war started defending terrorist? 

Are you afraid fo the TRUTH?  (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle the truth!)

Has BUSH killed innocnent Iraqis?  Not him personally.  But the war HE STARTED resulted in the death of ionnocnet Iraqis and the result instability of iraq becuase BUSH FUCKED UP has cuased the death fo Iraqis.

So in a way saying BUSH killed Iraqi is litterally not true.....but you can say his decisions about how to conduct the war has caused the death of innocent iraqis

So how is this defending terrorist by talking about FACTS? (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle the facts!)

Should no one questioin BUSH about hte WMD's?  Geez MM, we haven;t found crap in there!  And that was a BIG reason we went!  So calling a liar, (whether he isor not) is a predictable response from his opposition........

But how is that defending terrorist?

Did we find significant WMD?  NO  that the truth! (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle the truth!)

Saying it was planned defends teroorists?  Whether the US govenrment was in it or not Teorrirst still took part in it!

So how is that denfing teorrists?   Geez dude...........   

you need to open your eyes...(insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle what you see!)

I haven;t seen 240 degrade the troops and maybe RIB could be accused of that but even then so what?

That's what america is about:  FREE SPEECH,  not free speech as long i agree with it. 

So who's degrading the troops then and how does that defend what the terrorist did or are doing? 

Geez dude: (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle someone's speech!)

Actually the question is about "how" to  deal with the terrorist NOT whether to deal with them or not.  And frankly, BUSH FUCKED UP in iraq and cuased us more problems in the future. 

And how stupid is that you ask??????????????????????????????????????????????

Just as stupid of as Critisizing BUSH and getting accused of defending terorists!

Right back at you MM.

We could defeat the SOB's if IDIOTS like BUSH didn't run the country.

Period.

Show me where I said 240 abused it, won't find it so I guess that is an irresponsible comment on your part. Par for the course for you
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:29 AM »
You dont' need to stick up for 240, he knows we agree on smoe things. The free speach comment refers to crack heads like you that stretch and abuse it. You are the same type that shouts "seperation of church and state!" which is never mentioned in the constitution

Show me where I said 240 abused it, won't find it so I guess that is an irresponsible comment on your part. Par for the course for you

MM, you are right i stand corrected. 

But is that all you got to say?  All you do is focus on that and ignore the rest?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Talk about grasping.

Status quo for most brainwashed unenlightened folk

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »
Talk about grasping.

Status quo for most brainwashed unenlightened folk

Yep.  He's doing what he was trained to do.  Parrot the party line, make up accusations he can't back up, and well, you know what his job is...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2007, 11:02:06 AM »
I wonder if i post:  "crickets"  will get the old:

Get a life ............ I don;t have time to explain stuff to idiots.....  I don't talk to traitors?  lol

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »
I wonder if i post:  "crickets"  will get the old:

Get a life ............ I don;t have time to explain stuff to idiots.....  I don't talk to traitors?  lol

You will notice I usually answer when 240 asks something, despites his views on CTs his other points aren't far from mne. It didn't take me long however to realize what a douche you are.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
military muscle, what's funny, is that on many topics, most people here agree with me.  I'm all about common sense without abuses. 

Everything except 9/11. 

Give it time though.  Already most people here admit they think WTC7 was a controlled demo, but won't admit anything beyond that (despite the obvious implications).

another year or two yall will get caught up.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
Thanks for responding.  I appreiciate that.  I'm also waiting fro someone to tell me about "the freedom fo speech thing"  but i guess if you can't show examples of how 240 abused it then i'll assume it was just a irresponsible comment.

busy life bro,  i post when i can.
never said 240 abused free speech.

BUSh did start the war in Iran.  WE invaded that country.  Are you confusing this with Al Queda starting the war on terrorism?  That would stupid mistake to confuse the two comments right?  I'm sure you are not doing that are you? 

So can we agree:  AMERICA INVADED IRAQ?   thus starting the Iraq war?

So how is telling the truth about how the Iraq war started defending terrorist? 

you say iran but i'm assuming you mean iraq. 
yes we invaded iraq.  you spew crap like "we invaded a sovereign nation" but choose to forget that their leader was not sovereign.  he was a brutal dictator who killed his own people with massive weapons.  saddam WAS a threat to the sovereignty of this nation.  maybe not directly.  i posted this the other day:
it's not that saddam was going to attack us personally, it was the threat of him giving and selling his weapons to al-quada and other terroists.  that is the very essence of saddam being a threat to the US.
 after 9/11, if you don't think that's possible then you learned nothing from that day.
of course he wasn't going to send jet fighters and ground troops over here, he's a tyrant, not stupid.

this may be where our differences start.  i believe saddam would have done anything to cause bloodshed in this country.  you don't.  you think he was just living his life, minding his own buisness and not bothering anyone.  after 9/11 the US cannot afford to be that naive.   sit around, wait for something to happen and THEN get world approval to retaliate.  is that how you think the US should operate? put your bush hatred aside and realize what my previous statement implies. 

Has BUSH killed innocnent Iraqis?  Not him personally.  But the war HE STARTED resulted in the death of ionnocnet Iraqis and the result instability of iraq becuase BUSH FUCKED UP has cuased the death fo Iraqis.

So in a way saying BUSH killed Iraqi is litterally not true.....but you can say his decisions about how to conduct the war has caused the death of innocent iraqis

Should no one questioin BUSH about hte WMD's?  Geez MM, we haven;t found crap in there!  And that was a BIG reason we went!  So calling a liar, (whether he isor not) is a predictable response from his opposition........

before 9/11 happened, prove to me BUSH STARTED this war. 
dude we were at war before 9/11 or iraq EVER happened.  see below.  and open you eyes!!!!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=126702.0

what makes you think a war with fanatical terrorists is supposed to be error free?   why must you say bush f**ked up?   all that statement is your ignorance mixed with bias hatred.   god forbid you hold any position of authority in life and have to make tough decisions!  let alone make decisions about a war. 

i never said we should question why there wasn't WMD's.  i want to know where they are too.  he had them, he used them.  and enough of this crap about we sold them to him.  we did but not to kill his own people.  we sold them to saddam during the iran/iraq war.  iran was being run by radical islamics and we helped saddam.  i covered this on another thread. 
bush DID NOT LIE ABOUT WMD'S.  when clinton was in office, he thought he had them.  before we invaded a lot of other countries intell said saddam had them.  i posted this question to 240, but of course he never replied:

explain the other countries intell.  russia, australia, japan, pakistan, etc. did Bush have them in his hip pocket too?? 

I haven;t seen 240 degrade the troops and maybe RIB could be accused of that but even then so what?

That's what america is about:  FREE SPEECH,  not free speech as long i agree with it. 

So who's degrading the troops then and how does that defend what the terrorist did or are doing? 

see below

Yeah, we're the best.  Which is why 5,000 jihadists in Baghdad and 2,000 in sadr city are crippling our 130,000 man force.

continuous bombing?  Shit, we've bombed anything we've wanted for 4 years and they're gettings stronger.

Oh, so you killed 150k to 600k while playing nice?  HAHAHA good thing you weren't trigger happy!

Also that bullshit line is getting old.  if you can't carpet bomb cities, you can't win.

Sounds like you're pissy that the generals have you in a holding pattern - stall don't win - and you have yet to accept it.

you talk about his free speech?? 
well i have free speech too, to say he's an a** hole. 
you don't make smart-a** comments like that to someone who is risking his life everyday so ingrates like 240 can sleep at night. 
and as long as i have a breath in my body i will NOT let someone get away with that.  it is my duty as an american to hold people accountable for degrading comments about our soldiers, past and present.

We could defeat the SOB's if IDIOTS like BUSH didn't run the country.

Period.

explain how.  h 
W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »

you don't make smart-a** comments like that to someone who is risking his life everyday so ingrates like 240 can sleep at night. 
and as long as i have a breath in my body i will NOT let someone get away with that.  it is my duty as an american to hold people accountable for degrading comments about our soldiers, past and present.

I agree mightymouse.  Lots of doubletalk around here.  Claim to support our troops in one breath, spit on them the next breath. 

Man just keep speaking the truth.  (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle the truth!)   :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2007, 09:25:01 AM »
I agree mightymouse.  Lots of doubletalk around here.  Claim to support our troops in one breath, spit on them the next breath. 

Man just keep speaking the truth.  (insert Jack Nicholson clip here:  You can't handle the truth!)   :D

Am i double talking?  if  so,  please explain or show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2007, 10:37:03 AM »
nobody said anything about 'spitting on them', beach bum.

i'm the one trying to get them out of the cities.  Just guard the borders, bases and pipeline.  I want them to stay alive.  YOU want them to reamin in the cities, where they are being killed.

Why do you support putting the troops in harm's way, beach Bum?  I thought you supported them?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »

you say iran but i'm assuming you mean iraq. 
yes we invaded iraq.  you spew crap like "we invaded a sovereign nation" but choose to forget that their leader was not sovereign.  he was a brutal dictator who killed his own people with massive weapons.  saddam WAS a threat to the sovereignty of this nation.  maybe not directly.  i posted this the other day:

I think you need see the  "non-brain washed" Dictionary.

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
sov·er·eign      /ˈsɒvrɪn, ˈsɒvərɪn, ˈsʌv-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sov-rin, sov-er-in, suhv-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
2.   a person who has sovereign power or authority.
3.   a group or body of persons or a state having sovereign authority.
4.   a gold coin of the United Kingdom, equal to one pound sterling: went out of circulation after 1914.
–adjective
5.   belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereignty; royal.
6.   having supreme rank, power, or authority.
7.   supreme; preeminent; indisputable: a sovereign right.
8.   greatest in degree; utmost or extreme.
9.   being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc.
10.   efficacious; potent: a sovereign remedy.

Yes we invaded a sovereign nation.  Stop trying to spin it Mr. Gobbles.

this may be where our differences start.  i believe saddam would have done anything to cause bloodshed in this country.  you don't.  you think he was just living his life, minding his own buisness and not bothering anyone. 

You believe saddam would have done anything because you lack the intelligence to see outside the "Fear Based Propaganda Machine."  Saddam wated to stay in power,  he's no fool, he knew anything he did to harm the USA woud have resulted in his removal.  Only an idiot would think Saddam was aiming to "harm" the US.

after 9/11 the US cannot afford to be that naive.   sit around, wait for something to happen and THEN get world approval to retaliate.  is that how you think the US should operate? put your bush hatred aside and realize what my previous statement implies. 

so shoot first, ask questions later huh?   That's how innocent people die,  And it can be said of waiting around for something to happen.  Point is Iraq was a target for much more than the "supposed" threat.  It was target for strategic reasons which made any excuse good enough to invade it. They were not a threat anymore than any other 2 bit dictator.

before 9/11 happened, prove to me BUSH STARTED this war. 
dude we were at war before 9/11 or iraq EVER happened.  see below.  and open you eyes!!!!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=126702.0

what makes you think a war with fanatical terrorists is supposed to be error free?   why must you say bush f**ked up?   all that statement is your ignorance mixed with bias hatred.   god forbid you hold any position of authority in life and have to make tough decisions!  let alone make decisions about a war. 

Bush invaded Iraq unprovoked.  Period.  I never said BUSh started the war on Terrorist.  But Iraq was not "terrorists" dip shit.  It was a country.  Now they are because of BUSH's FUCK UP.

Why must i say BUSH fucked up?  BECAUSE HE DID:

1.  INVADING IRAQ IN THE FIRST PLACE
2.  INVADING IRAQ WITH TOO FEW TROOPS AND A LOUSY AFTER WAR PLAN.

any more stupid questions?

god forbid you hold any position of authority in life and have to make tough decisions!  let alone make decisions about a war. 

Actually i do, And have to make many tough decisions that affect lots of people. 

But that's not the point.  The point id IF i did chose to go to war i would have planned better and consulted guys like Powell.  Did your savior do that?  no.  He fucked up.  And he won't even cop to it.

Do i have the balls to make a tough decsion on goign to war.   

I have no problem about Afghanistan,  in fact I  wouldn;t have been so stupid to let OBL escape at tora bora.

But i would have NEVER invaded Iraq and over extended our armed forces and stuck our selves in a potential quagmire like this IDIOT has. 

And sorry but you're idiot if you don;t see that.

He has a right just like you.  But you'd like to limit that right wouldn't you? 

explain how.  h 

Simple:  Go in with enough troops (100K more)  And declare Mashall Law that can actually be enforced.   Consult your Cheif of Staff (Powell)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
Am i double talking?  if  so,  please explain or show.

Ozmo he was talking about 240 and I agreed with his comments about 240.  You're pretty consistent (even though I don't always agree with you).

But I do think you've been too harsh with Mighty.  He's cool.  You should lighten up a bit. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »
Ozmo he was talking about 240 and I agreed with his comments about 240.  You're pretty consistent (even though I don't always agree with you).

But I do think you've been too harsh with Mighty.  He's cool.  You should lighten up a bit. 

Yes, perhaps you are right.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »
MM, 

We are both Americans.

We both want what's best for this country.

We just differ in how to go about that.

I apologize for any personal attacks.  I tend to go overboard sometimes.

OzmO

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
MM, 

We are both Americans.

OzmO

Take note kiddies.  Very cool of you Ozmo.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
Take note kiddies.  Very cool of you Ozmo.   :)

anytime we regress into name calling the debate is over...  I'm just as guilty and i'd like to continue debating with MM on the topic.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
MM, 

We are both Americans.

OzmO

thanks. i appreciate your apology, it's accepted. 
if i stated any personal attack, then i apologize. 
i'll be honest, as i read your previous reply to me, it did tick me off a little i but try not to take things too personal.

let me be clear, i am sick of this war too, probably more than you.  i don't want the US to stay over there any longer than you do.  it makes me sick to hear of more GI's that are killed. 
there have been alot of mistakes made fighting this war, ALOT.  both politically and militarily.  but i can't throw stones at the ones who make those decisions because i have never been, nor will i ever be in their shoes.
there needs to be some drastic changes made in the fighting of this war so our soldiers can come home,  and i don't think the govt focusing all their energy on hating and b**ching about the prez is going to get us (the country) anywhere. 

W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
Pull the men from the cities.  You can bring 80% of them home.  the rest can use technology over distance - where the US has an incredible advantage - to protect the border, bases, and oil pipeline.

Put 10k of the men in tents watching laptops, monitoring the area.  10k more to level ordinance on anyone who crosses our line of death.  Another 10 or 20k on the oil *interests*.

Iran loses ALL influence instantly.  We stop losing men instantly.  iraqi army does their job (sink or swim!) instantly.  insurgents will settle down once they see the iraqi police won't take prisoners like we do.  Everyone wins.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »
Pull the men from the cities.  You can bring 80% of them home.  the rest can use technology over distance - where the US has an incredible advantage - to protect the border, bases, and oil pipeline.

Put 10k of the men in tents watching laptops, monitoring the area.  10k more to level ordinance on anyone who crosses our line of death.  Another 10 or 20k on the oil *interests*.

Iran loses ALL influence instantly.  We stop losing men instantly.  iraqi army does their job (sink or swim!) instantly.  insurgents will settle down once they see the iraqi police won't take prisoners like we do.  Everyone wins.

ooooh... the line of death... sounds skeeery.   :o

The challenge is a good majority of the iraqi police force has more loyalty to their militia (shia or sunni) than they do to the newly elected Iraqi government. If the US military personnel pulls out of the cities, ...it will be a blood bath for the inhabitants. If the Shiites look to be gaining ground, the Saudis vow to aggressively back the Sunnis, so the fighting won't stop with other countries in the region taking sides and backing whichever group they want.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »
ooooh... the line of death... sounds skeeery.   :o

The challenge is a good majority of the iraqi police force has more loyalty to their militia (shia or sunni) than they do to the newly elected Iraqi government. If the US military personnel pulls out of the cities, ...it will be a blood bath for the inhabitants. If the Shiites look to be gaining ground, the Saudis vow to aggressively back the Sunnis, so the fighting won't stop with other countries in the region taking sides and backing whichever group they want.

It won't stop with us there either... Just goes to show, that Colin Powell guy knew what the fuck he was talking about.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
sov·er·eign      /ˈsɒvrɪn, ˈsɒvərɪn, ˈsʌv-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sov-rin, sov-er-in, suhv-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
4.   a gold coin of the United Kingdom, equal to one pound sterling: went out of circulation after 1914.
–adjective

You believe saddam would have done anything because you lack the intelligence to see outside the "Fear Based Propaganda Machine."  Saddam wated to stay in power,  he's no fool, he knew anything he did to harm the USA woud have resulted in his removal.  Only an idiot would think Saddam was aiming to "harm" the US.

so shoot first, ask questions later huh?   That's how innocent people die,  And it can be said of waiting around for something to happen.  Point is Iraq was a target for much more than the "supposed" threat.  It was target for strategic reasons which made any excuse good enough to invade it. They were not a threat anymore than any other 2 bit dictator.

Bush invaded Iraq unprovoked.  Period.  I never said BUSh started the war on Terrorist.  But Iraq was not "terrorists" dip shit.  It was a country.  Now they are because of BUSH's FUCK UP.

Actually i do, And have to make many tough decisions that affect lots of people. 

But that's not the point.  The point id IF i did chose to go to war i would have planned better and consulted guys like Powell.  Did your savior do that?  no.  He fucked up.  And he won't even cop to it.

I have no problem about Afghanistan,  in fact I  wouldn;t have been so stupid to let OBL escape at tora bora.

But i would have NEVER invaded Iraq and over extended our armed forces and stuck our selves in a potential quagmire like this IDIOT has. 

Simple:  Go in with enough troops (100K more)  And declare Mashall Law that can actually be enforced.   Consult your Cheif of Staff (Powell)

Powell was Secretary of State... he also resigned after the "W"s first term. He did not want to be associated with this insanity.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
It won't stop with us there either... Just goes to show, that Colin Powell guy knew what the fuck he was talking about.

As did all the people around the world, both inside & outside the US who said NO to the Iraq invasion.
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »

–noun
–adjective

OzmO, I wish just one day would go by that you don't prove what an idiot you are. You don't think Saddam wished harm on the us? You poor pathetic person. If you think for one minute he wouldn't supply terrorists with money or weapons to carry out their plans to destroy the US, you are so crazy it is incomprehensible. Would he launch a military attack on us, no but not because he didn't want to, he didn't have the military capability. So he would have carried it out other ways. Yes we should shhot first and ask questions second. You are right that is how innocent people die hence 9-11. Oh you probably think it was an inside job right? Libs like you that just want to sit here and wait will cost more innocent Americans their life. Because of people like you, we will need to lose a minimum of 10,000 people before you feel it is right to declare war ever again. To say Iraq didn't provoke the world community into attacking again is fairly asanine. Just review all the agreements he broke in the past. You are probably the person that lets his kids have tantrums in Wal-Mart and just says he is expressing his freedom of speach. 3 strikes baby, saddam had a dozen +. Last but not least, thanks for calling the military stupid for letting OBL go in Tora Bora. Because in the end it was us there not Bush trying to get him.
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
OzmO, I wish just one day would go by that you don't prove what an idiot you are. You don't think Saddam wished harm on the us? You poor pathetic person. If you think for one minute he wouldn't supply terrorists with money or weapons to carry out their plans to destroy the US, you are so crazy it is incomprehensible. Would he launch a military attack on us, no but not because he didn't want to, he didn't have the military capability. So he would have carried it out other ways. Yes we should shhot first and ask questions second. You are right that is how innocent people die hence 9-11. Oh you probably think it was an inside job right? Libs like you that just want to sit here and wait will cost more innocent Americans their life. Because of people like you, we will need to lose a minimum of 10,000 people before you feel it is right to declare war ever again. To say Iraq didn't provoke the world community into attacking again is fairly asanine. Just review all the agreements he broke in the past. You are probably the person that lets his kids have tantrums in Wal-Mart and just says he is expressing his freedom of speach. 3 strikes baby, saddam had a dozen +. Last but not least, thanks for calling the military stupid for letting OBL go in Tora Bora. Because in the end it was us there not Bush trying to get him.

My understanding is that you guys had him surrounded and were told to leave him and let "locals" do it... Which doesn't seem all that bright... Who made that order?

No, we should not "shoot first"... That is not how this country was founded... We were founded on leave us alone, but if you fuck with us, we'll wax that ass... Saddam NEVER fucked with us... he fucked with people around his region, but not us.... but I guess since we need that oil, we'll say it's "us".

You can talk about his terrorist ties, but no one has ever found any ties between Saddam and terror.

As a matter of fact, it is quite accepted in the international community that Saddam was a hater of Al Quaeda (not that they're the only terrorist organization on the plane, but you understand) and knew that it would only bring the US marching on his doorstep, which is something he didn't want in the first place... because he knew how that would turn out.

We're all still waiting for the smoking gun with Saddam, it just hasn't been found, and what's worse, is that the US government could have lied about it and I'd never know the difference, but they didn't. (which is great, but it just makes them look bad).