Author Topic: Shawn Ray Vs Dorian Yates Mr.O 1994 pics  (Read 12615 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Shawn Ray Vs Dorian Yates Mr.O 1994 pics
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
great point.

any proof?

didnt think so.

thats because you weren't following bodybuilding in the 90's.

if you did, you would know about stuff like this.

Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »

I've watched Shawn's posing routines of all his years several times, and believe me when I tell you that he was at his best at the NPC Nationals, when he turned pro. He never captured that form again. He was full, detailed, rock-hard and had superb symmetry - except for his long torso. That physique right there could have won a Sandow up to the mid 1980s. Shawn only deteriorated after that.

Of his Olympia performances, the best bar none was 1996. That was among the top five physiques ever displayed onstage. If Michaelangelo were called to sculpt a statue of the god Apollo himself, he would use Shawn as his model. He was bone-dry and shredded, but not depleted like he was in 1994. Superb.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »
Those pics were from the night show where he fixed his color and dried out a bit.  Check out the pics from prejudging.  And that is not bone dry.  He was "bone dry" in 95.  He could barely hit and ab thigh at the prejudging.  Besides, how do you win with a torn bicep?

I recall that...he was vomitting hard backstage in 1994...something was very wrong with him at the morning show.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »

you're a moron what the hell do you know about this show you were a punk kid in HS in 95... myself and one other poster in this thread saw it in person and here we have some internet geek telling me how the show went.

I was class of 88 kid  ;) and again seeing you were there you must have heard the constant Booing Shawn received

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 03:45:58 PM »
Shawn was VERY good in 1994 but I felt, at the time that Levrone should have placed at least 2nd. Levrone could have beaten Yates that night IMO.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 03:47:29 PM »
Shawn was VERY good in 1994 but I felt, at the time that Levrone should have placed at least 2nd. Levrone could have beaten Yates that night IMO.

The crowds were very pissed in 1994 with Shawn placing ahead of Kevin and they let it be known

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
The crowds were very pissed in 1994 with Shawn placing ahead of Kevin and they let it be known

When the final 3 were onstage, Dorian leaned over to Kevin and said "looks like its down to us again" (refereing to the 1992 Mr O).

So Dorian had Levrone in 2nd place too.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 03:55:25 PM »

When the final 3 were onstage, Dorian leaned over to Kevin and said "looks like its down to us again" (refereing to the 1992 Mr O).

So Dorian had Levrone in 2nd place too.

Exactly ! According to the judges Kevin was a tad soft on the pre-judging and he was ahead of Shawn enetering the night show and Shawn only passed by him by virtue of a better posing routine

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »
Exactly ! According to the judges Kevin was a tad soft on the pre-judging and he was ahead of Shawn enetering the night show and Shawn only passed by him by virtue of a better posing routine

Levrone and Yates trained together at least once during the spring of 1994. Yates said that they did a back workout together and he showed Kevin some back training stuff.

Yates said that he saw Levrone backstage at the 94 Olympia and said to himself "damn, Kevin brought a back this time" (or something like that)

Levrone's rear double bicep and rear lat spread poses were awesome at that show.