Author Topic: Obama: U.S. Ready for Black President  (Read 9607 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Obama: U.S. Ready for Black President
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »
I see many instances where I don't agree with how a parent is or is not disciplining their kid, but I always keep my mouth shut.  It's really not my place to say anything and if I think the kid is being abused I'll just call CPS (which I've never done before).  But I don't blame you for saying something. 

I was on the bus this past summer and two kids, about age 8 or 9, were causing a rucus, slapping each other, and just falling all over the place.  I waited about 15 minutes before I finally realized their parents were not on the bus with them.  No one said a word to these boys.  People here are by and large very passive.  I finally told them in my command voice  :) to "cut it out" and "sit down."  They immediately sat down and did not utter a sound till I got off the bus.   :)

It's one thing if a parent is disciplining a child, ...but she wasn't disciplining him.
He wasn't misbehaving, ...he was trying to communicate with him mom.
Thats what we humans are designed to do... to communicate our needs & desires.
And babies shouldn't be abused for doing what they're designed to do, ...tell a parent when they're cold & hungry.

Well aren't you the tough guy taking on an 8 yr. old? What's next... armwrestling a cub scout merit badge winner ;D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »
It's one thing if a parent is disciplining a child, ...but she wasn't disciplining him.
He wasn't misbehaving, ...he was trying to communicate with him mom.
Thats what we humans are designed to do... to communicate our needs & desires.
And babies shouldn't be abused for doing what they're designed to do, ...tell a parent when they're cold & hungry.

Well aren't you the tough guy taking on an 8 yr. old? What's next... armwrestling a cub scout merit badge winner ;D

They didn't want a piece of me.   :D  You should have seen me at the stadium a couple years ago standing in line for my garlic fries with my son.  Three guys were behind me in line cussing like sailors.  I'm about 245, give or take, and they probably outweighed me by about 100 pounds, each.  I thought about asking them to zip it, but instead I said:   :-X  I'm not crazy.  :)  I just gave them stink eye and put my headphones over my son's ears. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »
They didn't want a piece of me.   :D  You should have seen me at the stadium a couple years ago standing in line for my garlic fries with my son.  Three guys were behind me in line cussing like sailors.  I'm about 245, give or take, and they probably outweighed me by about 100 pounds, each.  I thought about asking them to zip it, but instead I said:   :-X  I'm not crazy.  :)  I just gave them stink eye and put my headphones over my son's ears. 

Well, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything... I bet if you had said, "Hey guys... I know it's a game and all, but could we watch the language around the little guy here".

They would have oblidged... I curse all the time and I try not to do it around kids, but sometimes I'm just going to town, and if someone nicely asked me to stop, I would... If they were a dick, I might be inclined to be a shitbag and just start going in on them, but if they're polite and just watching out for their kids' ears, I certainly won't be a dick about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2007, 09:46:31 AM »
Well, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything... I bet if you had said, "Hey guys... I know it's a game and all, but could we watch the language around the little guy here".

They would have oblidged... I curse all the time and I try not to do it around kids, but sometimes I'm just going to town, and if someone nicely asked me to stop, I would... If they were a dick, I might be inclined to be a shitbag and just start going in on them, but if they're polite and just watching out for their kids' ears, I certainly won't be a dick about it.

I agree that is the right approach.  If they were sitting behind me I probably would have asked them nicely to watch their language.  But you have to pick your battles.  We were in line for all of 5 minutes or so. 

Most smart people I know use cuss words strategically.  It's the people who aren't too bright that have no control over their language and have no class.