Author Topic: Is this shit worth it????????????  (Read 19065 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Is this shit worth it????????????
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 07:53:10 AM »
"not being able to bend over "

i can see why that got sarcasm worried  ;D
Z

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 07:53:52 AM »
yeah that's normal pain. i think the pain that Sars is talking about is flu like.
I guess thats why i go for the 'pump' and leave my ego at the door. For instance, dumbell shoulder presses have be said to wear and tear at your rotator cuff. So I dont do them. Also free standing squats, the all time best leg exercise.....not for me, i get a better pump and range of motion through smith machine. I rather play for the long term than the short.
The Number 2 in Scranton

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 07:54:52 AM »
"i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death,"

maybe he should see a shrink?
Z

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 07:56:02 AM »
dont give up.  there is a difference from being sore and being hurt.  lifting weights is the only thing that kept me sane after i got back from iraq.  i had something positive to focus on and could see changes and meet goals.  that may sound silly, but its true.  my gym time each day is my favorite part of the day.  even if im the only one there, i have the best time ever.  while i never lift to impress people or shock people, i am pretty impressed with myself each time i move heavier weight, build endurance and the best part is when i see changes in the mirror.  
if your hurt, see a doctor.  
also, what hedgehog wrote should be on walls in gyms throughout america.   ;D
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »
It's the reason I don't do exercises like bench, upright rows, straight  bar curls. etc, and mix more high rep and core type work.  Once you pass 30, you have to re-evaluate what your goals are.  Do I miss moving some of the weights I used to?  Of course, but I don't miss the sharp, unexpected shoulder pain and wrist pain.

Muscle pain is great, the joint stuff is for shit.  It will only get worse as you get older, unless you change your habits.

You can still be strong and in shape, you just have to use different ways to get there.
Y

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »
yeah, and where have all those blood and tears gotten you?  i know what you are feeling, i love to train too, but sometimes you just have to ask yourself why tear your body up?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 08:00:33 AM »
I hope it's worth it. One way to find out.

I don't get sore when I bend down, so it's good on that front, but I'm skinny as fuck and I'll be damned if my ego has to take being this size any longer!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »
yeah, and where have all those blood and tears gotten you?  i know what you are feeling, i love to train too, but sometimes you just have to ask yourself why tear your body up?
the only type of training i've ever gotten results from is training very heavy for sets of 6-8, sometimes 10.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »
It's the reason I don't do exercises like bench, upright rows, straight  bar curls. etc, and mix more high rep and core type work.  Once you pass 30, you have to re-evaluate what your goals are. Do I miss moving some of the weights I used to?  Of course, but I don't miss the sharp, unexpected shoulder pain and wrist pain.

Muscle pain is great, the joint stuff is for shit.  It will only get worse as you get older, unless you change your habits.

You can still be strong and in shape, you just have to use different ways to get there.
LOL. I'm 40. I'm just not as smart as you, GA.  :D

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »
the only type of training i've ever gotten results from is training very heavy for sets of 6-8, sometimes 10.
Thats for damn sure...everything else is just to 'tone' up.
The Number 2 in Scranton

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.
Hey Squad, try taking Glucosamine Sulphate. It is supposed to heel joint pain. I use it on a regular basis when I train heavy and I never get any tweaks or inflammation in my joints. You can buy it at any health food store for about 20 bucks for 360 caplets. Its worth it...trust me. I take 3 caplets daily at a 190lb bodyweight and its sufficiant enough for me. Give it a go.

PB

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

there are alternatives that are just as effective as squats / deadlifts / bench press for building muscle that won't cause you joint soreness.  PM if you'd like to learn more.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »
there are alternatives that are just as effective as squats / deadlifts / bench press for building muscle that won't cause you joint soreness.  PM if you'd like to learn more.
dude gimme a fuckin' break ::) you're what, 24? i have a little more than a decade on you, i've done literally EVERYTHING in th gym, high reps, low reps, heavy weight, light weight, weird exercises, isolation movements, supersets, drop sets,etc., the whole thing, i'm 236 pounds, why would i take advice from someone 80 pounds lighter than me?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »
I suppose it's just the price you pay to look that way.  Joint pain and stuff like that can be reduced though, there's no need to live through it.  Glucosamine can work, also natural oil supplements, stretching, massage.  You've been doing this for a long time though so I'm probably just telling you stuff you already know.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 08:23:08 AM »
dude gimme a fuckin' break ::) you're what, 24? i have a little more than a decade on you, i've done literally EVERYTHING in th gym, high reps, low reps, heavy weight, light weight, weird exercises, isolation movements, supersets, drop sets,etc., the whole thing, i'm 236 pounds, why would i take advice from someone 80 pounds lighter than me?
Unspoken Rule of the Gym: Never take advice from someone less bigger/stronger/leaner than you when trying to be bigger/stronger/leaner. Thats like Kamali telling Ronnie how to train arms.  
L

affy

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
im sure you've heard this before

but "pain is just weakness leaving the body"

if that doesn't do it for you...get some active-on..i hear its great, annoying ass commercial though

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »

Because You're sick of being in pain
Because I have ZERO joint pain, and I used to have it when I did heavy PL style movements

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »
You can always learn something new, bro. And never assume just because someone is younger than you that they have nothing to teach you.

I have been lifting weights for 20+ years, and I'm relatively pain free. You shouldn't be walking around like a wounded war veteran from lifting. You need to reevaluate your training methods. If you're in your mid-30's and having joint pain, it's only going to get worse as you get older.
!

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 08:36:11 AM »
How much do both of you guys weigh ? Shifted and Benny....To get big muscles you have to lift big wieghts and to be 236 you have to move 'mountains'.
The Number 2 in Scranton

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 08:37:44 AM »
i get that feeling of having little pains here and there and squad is right they are annoying. usually when i keep my sets low and go heavy 6 to 10 reps im ok for the most part, but like the other day i changed it up a bit and did giant sets for arms i picked 4 different exercises and of 4 rotations, and what the fuck when i got home my arm was all fucked up and cramped up.almost felt like i pulled something. hurt like hell. still a week later and its still kinda of bothering me. cant wait till it goes away cuz i wanna train arms again...lol

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »
My neck has been killing me lately.  Other than that I am o.k - do you stretch before working out ?? I always stretch my entire body for 5mins before any weights or even cardio....

Ha ha, you must be a senior citizen.

thisGuy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
If you spent more time lifting with better form and not pwn'ing 7 year olds at your gym you wouldn't have this pain.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
How much do both of you guys weigh ? Shifted and Benny....To get big muscles you have to lift big wieghts and to be 236 you have to move 'mountains'.
I'm about 210 right now

Well, if you are attempting to "move mountains" at all costs and using shitty form then I guess you have to live with joint pain. I would rather leave my ego at the door and train hard but sensibly. I lift heavy for ME, but I ain't looking to set any records. I could care less what others lift, honestly. Most of the stronger guys in the gym don't have impressive physiques.

I tend to mix it up...training in the 4-6 rep range for several weeks and then switching to 12-15 reps. I went through a period where my knees bothered me when I'd squat, but that's gone away now. I feel great.

If you spent more time lifting with better form and not pwn'ing 7 year olds at your gym you wouldn't have this pain.
LOL
!

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:55 AM »

welcome to bodybuilding  :)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 09:09:04 AM »
The answer to your question, Sarcasm, lies in all the Animal Pack ads 8)

Cardio sucks. There's no beauty or grace in it. Youre not moving huge weight. It's just painful. But you do it because you have to'a necessary evil. Whether you're preparing for a show or just trying to get in top condition, you need.......

As a bodybuilder, I gotta remember… Remember where I came from, who I am, what really matters. I can never forget what's behind me either… All those who came before me and made a name for themselves… All the days of blood and guts I ****ing spilled for this sport. All the things that have defined me… See, I believe without memory, there is no desire. Knowing what I had, knowing it's not enough, that I want more--that's at the heart of my endeavor. Without memory, there can also be no history. I know my roots, where I come from. I know where I'm headed on this journey. History... Yeah, I plan on making some of that too........

I go to the local supermarket every week. It's like a job and I clock in, same day, same time, every time. The people who work there all know me. They're like my co-workers. They all say hello and I nod my head. Even the new girl, the one who asked about the eggs, waves to me now...........

Me? Every now and then, I don't know who I am. I look in the mirror and I see a stranger staring back at me with hollow eyes. I am no one... I am nothing... I am adrift... Looking for a way home. Living in a society that can't comprehend what I do, what I go through, can make me doubt myself...........

t's cold out there. So lately, I've been spending a lot of time inside, in these three rooms I call home. The kitchen. The bedroom. The living room. These rooms are like the confines of my mind. The kitchen, my Hunger. The bedroom, my Desire. The living room, my Solitude. Three things I have to deal with every single ****ing day. Shit, I spend a lot of time within these places, within my mind. Out in the real world, you can always step outside for a breather. In my head, there's no escape... Not ever.......

Remember Sars, you get to wake up at 4.00 am, drag around a 4 gallon bottle etc etc - things that'll make you as happy and hardcore as the man below 8)