Author Topic: MILOS SARCEV, Let's talk Latin. Now with MR. INTENSEONE analogy.  (Read 4229 times)

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
MILOS SARCEV, Let's talk Latin. Now with MR. INTENSEONE analogy.
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »

And if ANYONE...and I do mean ANYONE - believes that this is a cake walk - come to Koloseum Gym and show us what you got...

My favorite Latin sentence is: "Hic Rhodos, hic saltus"...used in ancient times to invite ANY "getbig tough guys" (read: big talkers who claim how incredible they really are) to come to Island Rhodos and PROVE what they claim...["Here in Rhodos you jump"]

If you say you can do something - than you should have no problem proving it...

So, for any getbig heroes here is invitation: "Hic Koloseum, hic salta..."

Koloseum Gym
1101 South Placentia Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831

714/680-8881

;)

It is my understanding that "hic rhodus, hic salta" ( a line you employ in your fit show routine too) means, "here is rhodes, here you jump," not "come to rhodes and jump" as you claim. 

Just thought a man who pays as much attention to detail as you do would want to know. 

PS. Find a new line to lure people to Kolloseum, this one ain't working.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: MILOS SARCEV, Let's talk Latin
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
It is my understanding that "hic rhodus, hic salta" ( a line you employ in your fit show routine too) means, "here is rhodes, here you jump," not "come to rhodes and jump" as you claim. 

Just thought a man who pays as much attention to detail as you do would want to know. 

PS. Find a new line to lure people to Kolloseum, this one ain't working.

::) ::) ::)

I explained several times and even said it on the Fitshow: "Hic Rhodos, hic salta...(or - hic saltus)" DOES MEAN: Here in Rhodos you jump! Or here is Rhodos, here you jump!

Why Rhodos and why should you jump???

In ancient times when people would make claims of certain unbelievable feats of strength (or simply something that is hard to believe) - they would be invited to Rhodos to demonstrate (and prove) their claims...

Whatever their extraordinary ability was - needed to be performed in front of the witnesses on "athletic" Island - Rhodos (place of the ancient Olympic games...)

Anyway:
 "JUMP" was used as the most common test of the athletic ability at the time - and whoever was able to jump higher or longer was glorified...thus term JUMP was used simply as the term...not actual JUMPING....

As you noticed that I do pay attention to details - you should think before assuming that I don't know exact meaning of what I am saying...
So instead of: "come to Rhodos and [show us how far or long you can] jump" I use: "come to Koloseum Gym and show us what you got (and if you want to jump - make sure you jump as high or as long as you can... ;))"

On the other note - how do you know that this line AIN'T WORKING?
After all it got your attention...as well as numerous other people asking me to explain what I really meant by it...

You want to talk latin?
I've memorized about couple of hundred of wise quotations on Latin that I find very interesting and worth using in my day to day life...

The first one we learned in school was: Non shoale, sad vitae discimus...(We are not learning for school...but for life = While students often stress about learning certain things JUST to pass the test they fail to realize that TEST is not what is important - rather LIFE is what matters the most - so IF they can apply what they've learned in school in their normal life - they can say they went to school for right reasons...).

Next one I've learned was: "Nula dies sine linea" ("Zero days without a line"...which again IF YOU THINK means more than that: "do not waste any day without DOING something...BE PRODUCTIVE....etc)

So - I really want to ask you what exactly did you try to accomplish by telling me that I am wrong in translation?

Here in Rhodos (you must come to Rhodos first - don't you?) you jump (show us what you got - whatever that might be...)...

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:37:48 AM »

I explained several times and even said it on the Fitshow: "Hic Rhodos, hic salta...(or - hic saltus)" DOES MEAN: Here in Rhodos you jump!

Why Rhodos and why should you jump???

In ancient times when people would make claims of certain unbelievable feats of strength (or simply something that is hard to believe) - they would be invited to Rhodos to demonstrate (and prove) their claims...

Whatever their extraordinary ability was - needed to be performed in front of the witnesses on "athletic" Island - Rhodos (place of the ancient Olympic games...)

Anyway:
 "JUMP" was used as the most common test of the athletic ability at the time - and whoever was able to jump higher or longer was glorified...thus term JUMP was used simply as the term...not actual JUMPING....

As you noticed that I do pay attention to details - you should think before assuming that I don't know exact meaning of what I am saying...
So instead of: "come to Rhodos and [show us how far or long you can] jump" I use come to Koloseum Gym and show us what you got (and if you want to jump - make sure you jump as high or as long as you can... ;))

On the other note - how do you know that this line AIN'T WORKING?
After all it got your attention...as well as numerous other people asking me to explain what I really meant by it...

You want to talk latin?
I've memorized about couple of hundred wise quotations on Latin that I find very interesting and worth using in my day to day life...

The first one we learned in school was: Non shoale, sad vitae discimus...(We are not learning for school...but for life = While students often stress about learning certain things JUST to pass the test they fail to realize that TEST is not what is important - rather LIFE is what matters the most - so IF they can apply what they've learned in school in their normal life - they can say they went to school for right reasons...).

Next one I've learned was: "Nula dies sine linea" ("Zero days without a line"...which again IF YOU THINK means more than that: "do not waste any day without DOING something...BE PRODUCTIVE....etc)

So - I really want to ask you what exactly did you try to accomplish by telling me that I am wrong in translation?

Here in Rhodos (you must come to Rhodos first - don't you?) you jump (show us what you got - whatever that might be...)...

MELTDOWN!!!

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
MELTDOWN!!!

Hic Getbig, hic you meltdown...(Here on getbig - you meltdown...or suck butt? - whichever comes first Buttsuck?)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »
Hic Getbig, hic you meltdown...(Here on getbig - you meltdown...or suck butt? - whichever comes first Buttsuck?)

Milos why did Luke wood drop out of the Ironman?

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
And you do toilet paper curls and air squats.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
Milos why did Luke wood drop out of the Ironman?

Read official statement from the Ironman promotor...
LUKE did so many shows in last 2 years and few times he competed when he really shouldn't have - but as he thinks of him to be professional and simply that he MUST do the show if he signed the contract in the past he did shows that he wasn't ready for...
In New York last year he was hardly standing on the stage - but he did the show nevertheless...

This time since he came to California (couple of weeks before the Ironman) he had a flu, he was extremely weak and vomiting almost daily...
He took few days off and came back to the gym obviously still sick and fighting as hard as he cold.
After couple of days training with Hide and Silvio he just didn't want to hold them back as he would vomit every time we trained...

Severely dehydrated, with the temperature...cramping.. .weak...he would not be able to finish the prejudging - so I helped him make a decision NOT TO COMPETE - as I found it to be the best solution at the time.

He was crying as he wanted to compete regardless - but he trusted my opinion and took my advice...
I competed 110 times in my life and few times when I shouldn't have - and from my personal experience I know IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION for Luke.

He will compete WHEN he is ready to compete...Being on stage and NOT ABLE TO FLEX - would be pointless...

Luke will be back.

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:11:05 AM »

The original quotation is from one of Aesop's Fables.  Since you don't want to put the quotation in context, I will.

In the fable, a man who is ALREADY IN rhodes tells a story about the great jump he once made in Rhodes.  He then goes on to talk about the people who witnessed him make this jump.  To this, one of his listener responds, "Hic Rhodus, hic saltus." To translate," we're IN Rhodes, you can jump now." 

In other words, our first greek friend used the Mr. Intenseone strategy and said, "I benched 535 in SoCal, and many people witnessed it."  To which a Squadfather type responded, "We're in So Cal now, bench it now."

If you have any evidence that the quote was an INVITATION, then put it out here, and I'll believe you. I am a reasonable person.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »
Read official statement from the Ironman promotor...
LUKE did so many shows in last 2 years and few times he competed when he really shouldn't have - but as he thinks of him to be professional and simply that he MUST do the show if he signed the contract in the past he did shows that he wasn't ready for...
In New York last year he was hardly standing on the stage - but he did the show nevertheless...

This time since he came to California (couple of weeks before the Ironman) he had a flu, he was extremely weak and vomiting almost daily...
He took few days off and came back to the gym obviously still sick and fighting as hard as he cold.
After couple of days training with Hide and Silvio he just didn't want to hold them back as he would vomit every time we trained...

Severely dehydrated, with the temperature...cramping.. .weak...he would not be able to finish the prejudging - so I helped him make a decision NOT TO COMPETE - as I found it to be the best solution at the time.

He was crying as he wanted to compete regardless - but he trusted my opinion and took my advice...
I competed 110 times in my life and few times when I shouldn't have - and from my personal experience I know IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION for Luke.

He will compete WHEN he is ready to compete...Being on stage and NOT ABLE TO FLEX - would be pointless...

Luke will be back.

thanks bro.

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
Re: MILOS SARCEV, Let's talk Latin. Now with MR. INTENSEONE analogy.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 11:18:58 AM »

also, where'd you get the idea that the Olympics were in Rhodes?  In fact, were any of them held in Rhodes?

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »
Hey Milos will Luke be ready for  the ASC?

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »

I thought someone who knows that God is in the details wouldn't have to ask this question.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »

also, where'd you get the idea that the Olympics were in Rhodes?  They weren't like the modern olympics . . . they were just festivals.  It's not like you have to go to some particular place to celebrate Christmas.

Hey what are you a teacher or something.  Whatever Milos said most of us understood.  Why are you knitpicking.  SOme of the people on here are below normal in education anyways.  Look at Buttsuck, TA, Shadow, Heckler and the others like them.  Work on trying to make them better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »
Kollo seems like a fun place to train

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 11:30:43 AM »
Hey what are you a teacher or something.  Whatever Milos said most of us understood.  Why are you knitpicking.  SOme of the people on here are below normal in education anyways.  Look at Buttsuck, TA, Shadow, Heckler and the others like them.  Work on trying to make them better.

;D  It matters to Milos, and it matters to me.  It's just the way some people are programmed. 

And I think you're doing a great job w the Buttsucks and Shadows of the world.  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »
How come Luke is "always" getting sick before shows? :(
In all of your shows Milos, did you get sick like that prior to some (many?) shows, similar to Luke?
What could that be?

The Heckler

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »

How is your diet coming, you fat sack of feces-smeared gorilla scrotum?

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
i dont understand why people dont take him up on his offer to come train with him?????
if i didnt live across the country, i would go today.  ha. 
i think no matter what he says or does, people will just make him a target because he is a name or whatever. 
F

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
What is the title of this thread supposed to indicate?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 02:14:57 PM »
;D  It matters to Milos, and it matters to me.  It's just the way some people are programmed. 

And I think you're doing a great job w the Buttsucks and Shadows of the world.  ;D

fuck you mainero no one gives a shit about your hicups   ;D

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
fuck you mainero no one gives a shit about your hicups   ;D

;D

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 02:45:18 PM »
What is the title of this thread supposed to indicate?

Can someone answer this?

J_Mainero

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »
The original quotation is from one of Aesop's Fables.  Since you don't want to put the quotation in context, I will.

In the fable, a man who is ALREADY IN rhodes tells a story about the great jump he once made in Rhodes.  He then goes on to talk about the people who witnessed him make this jump.  To this, one of his listener responds, "Hic Rhodus, hic saltus." To translate," we're IN Rhodes, you can jump now." 

In other words, our first greek friend used the Mr. Intenseone strategy and said, "I benched 535 in SoCal, and many people witnessed it."  To which a Squadfather type responded, "We're in So Cal now, bench it now."

If you have any evidence that the quote was an INVITATION, then put it out here, and I'll believe you. I am a reasonable person.