Author Topic: To those who hate on Gore...  (Read 5337 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
To those who hate on Gore...
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »
Utility records show the Gore family paid an average monthly electric bill of about $1,200 last year for its 10,000-square-foot home.

What do you pay a month? 

I pay probably $120 in FL.

Gore has a family, he and his wife have offices where they work and hold meetings.  Gore has his own security / Sec Srvc detail which lives and works there.

Does the $1200 tag seem like big a deal now?  And, is the average American electric bill ONLY $60?  That's damn cheap.  It was reported that he spent TWENTY times the average.  Well, is the average American electric bill only $60?

MSN says the average american electricity bill is $117 a month.

That would make Gore's ten times the average.  And most American households don't have two home offices and secret service details living and working there.

I consider this story to be quite false.  if you disagree, by all means, show us the numbers.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: To those who hate on Gore...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:16:35 AM »
Gore has three homes. That electric bill covers only one.

You say Gore and his wife use their home as an office as well. Does he have an office outside the home?

In my opinion Gore is not the right person to champion a "green" lifestyle or even Global Warming for that matter. He lives an ultra luxurious lifestyle with multiple huge homes, personal drivers and he travels by private jet. Even if he does everything possible to conserve energy it comes off as hypocritical.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 09:28:19 AM »
I think he could do more..if he's unwilling to cut back he shouldn't lecture the rest of us to do what he's not going to do himself.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 09:34:26 AM »
In my opinion Gore is not the right person to champion a "green" lifestyle or even Global Warming for that matter. He lives an ultra luxurious lifestyle with multiple huge homes, personal drivers and he travels by private jet. Even if he does everything possible to conserve energy it comes off as hypocritical.

Isn't a great deal of his lecturing on the effects of big corporations pumping thousands of tons of shit into the air every day which is causing the majority of global warming?

He doesn't own a company which creates thousands of tons of pollution daily - can he still champion that cause?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
by Drew Johnson, Tennessee Center for Policy Research
posted February 26, 2007

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh — more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh — guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

(The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »
The man has a secret service detail living in his home.

Seriously, i think this might skew the numbers just a little.

If you had 5+ Secret Service men eating, playing computer, watching TV, cooking, and passing time in your home, do you think your light bill might be a little higher than 117 a month? ;)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
Short of killing yourself immediately and being buried naked to facilitate your decomposition, there is no way for any of us to avoid having a negative impact on the environment.

Now one can, with complete intellectual integrity, say, "I'm going to consume as many resources as I want and fuck everyone else."

But is that really preferable to suggesting that we find some way to at least make what we've got last a little longer?

And is the right really so bereft of intellectual resources that the only response it can make is an ad hominem attack on the "hypocrisy" of the person suggesting it?

Wait, don't answer that.  :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »
I understand..but he's gotta watch what he says or at the very least do more to offset his consumption etc.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »
Short of killing yourself immediately and being buried naked to facilitate your decomposition, there is no way for any of us to avoid having a negative impact on the environment.

Now one can, with complete intellectual integrity, say, "I'm going to consume as many resources as I want and fuck everyone else."

But is that really preferable to suggesting that we find some way to at least make what we've got last a little longer?

And is the right really so bereft of intellectual resources that the only response it can make is an ad hominem attack on the "hypocrisy" of the person suggesting it?

Wait, don't answer that.  :)

Will you at least acknowledge that perhaps Gore isn't the best candidate to be championing this cause?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:53:55 AM »
Those that point fingers..right or wrong need to try and offset whats being consumed. He travels around lecturing..has big houses..all consuming more then the normal person. I guess he could do more. This is really not that big a deal. What he needs to do is try and convince the dems and then the repubs to block this trucking thing with mexico...
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
Will you at least acknowledge that perhaps Gore isn't the best candidate to be championing this cause?

I doubt he's the best candidate to be championing anything.  :)

Would the message sound more sincere coming from, say, Wendell Berry than a multi-millionaire with multi-generation Washington connections? Sure.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
I consider this story to be quite false.  if you disagree, by all means, show us the numbers.

Yup, I gotta call bullshit for a few reasons.... The last time I saw a 60.00 bill was in the 80's and that was for a 250 square foot studio apartment!  Let's not forget a few calculations... I don't care what the average bill is.  That's irrelevant because the extremes are extreme and rates can very greatly even within a city.  Al Gore may live in the highest category for billing by the electric company.  As an example of why this story of bullshit, I pay between 200 and 400.00(this month's electric bill >:() per month.for my 3 bedroom 1280 square foot home in Colorado.  Per Square Foot, I pay a bigger utility bill than Al Gore.  If you add it up, If Al Gore's house was rated by the electric company as mine is, he would be paying 3125.00  So as I see it, per square foot of home, Al Gore is kicking my ass with whatever he's doing to contribute.  He would have to have more efficient lighting and heating than me for sure.  If I were doing what ever it is Al is doing, my bill would be 153.60 per month.  If this were any kind of fair piece and not a hit piece, these stories would compare Al Gore's 10,000 square foot home to others at the same electric rates.  And definitly, it should be calculated, how many people live there, what is the bill per person, what takes place at the residence, business, meetings etc etc...  Our bill for our Colorado home is for 2 people!  This story has holes all over it and I have to wonder, why is it that none of this is covered on not one media outlet?  Not CNN, not msnbc, not any of them asked these questions... They just sat there and asked two rightwing pundits to refute on leftwing pundit... ::) notice how that is almost always the odds, two righties to one lefty...  I have not seen one investigative reporter say, Yes Wolf, I looked into this and infact the numbers are decieving.... da da da... nope, why???  Becuase the media is to bias liberal???? BWHAHHAhhhahahahhahhahha haahaah

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 10:05:25 AM »
notice how that is almost always the odds, two righties to one lefty...  I have not seen one investigative reporter say, Yes Wolf, I looked into this and infact the numbers are decieving.... da da da... nope, why???  Becuase the media is to bias liberal???? BWHAHHAhhhahahahhahhahha haahaah

You're missing the big picture here.

If Al Gore is a hypocrite, global warming doesn't exist.

Hope this helps.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
You're missing the big picture here.

If Al Gore is a hypocrite, global warming doesn't exist.

Hope this helps.
You read my post and pulled that out as me missing the point ::)  WTF????????????  ::)  You're a goddmaned moron for thinking that was my point...  It was a side note ::)

Get some help ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:09 AM »
Utility records show the Gore family paid an average monthly electric bill of about $1,200 last year for its 10,000-square-foot home.

What do you pay a month? 

I pay probably $120 in FL.

Gore has a family, he and his wife have offices where they work and hold meetings.  Gore has his own security / Sec Srvc detail which lives and works there.

Does the $1200 tag seem like big a deal now?  And, is the average American electric bill ONLY $60?  That's damn cheap.  It was reported that he spent TWENTY times the average.  Well, is the average American electric bill only $60?

MSN says the average american electricity bill is $117 a month.

That would make Gore's ten times the average.  And most American households don't have two home offices and secret service details living and working there.

I believe it said that gore USES not spends 20 times the average. I know here the more I use the cheaper it gets, so he could easily spend 10 times but use 20 times. I have to read my own meter (lovely rural missouri) and say I use 1400 KW it might be $100. If I use 1500 it jumps about $50. If I use 2000 it only jumps $75... make sense? I don;t bash Gore for his plane/car/house use. I would probably do the same if I had the money. But I also don't lecture on the environment.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
I don't get it, what's he suppose to do, live like a hobbit and run everything he does, family, business, etc from his hobbit home because one of the things he's doing is traveling all over lecturing on it?  ::)  Nobody is answering or asking if this is a lot to pay for what it is?  How does Al Gore's bill compare to other homes like that with that many people living/operation out of it?  Comparing Al Gore's home in any way to the average is misleading as hell... Why in hell would you want Little Billy's studio appartment to be part of this calculation?  Answer: Only to make Al Gore look like an ass....

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »
I don't get it, what's he suppose to do, live like a hobbit and run everything he does, family, business, etc from his hobbit home because one of the things he's doing is traveling all over lecturing on it?  ::)  Nobody is answering or asking if this is a lot to pay for what it is?  How does Al Gore's bill compare to other homes like that with that many people living/operation out of it?  Comparing Al Gore's home in any way to the average is misleading as hell... Why in hell would you want Little Billy's studio appartment to be part of this calculation?  Answer: Only to make Al Gore look like an ass....

Al gore looks like an ass himself, and in the end he is just a front man for this movement. How many speaches were given the other night on the emmys/grammys whatever it was. Yet each of those stars didn't think of sharing limos or private jets to get there. Sure Gore has a huge team and needs a huge house, what about madonna, Dicaprio and the other stars. Do they need 40,000 square feet and a fleet of cars and jets?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »

So the alternatives are "live like a hobbit" or live an extravagantly luxurious lifestyle? Just because he has the resources doesn't mean he has to spend them.

In my opinion it's difficult to preach "Green" when you live like he does. I'm not saying the guy is evil just that he comes off as hypocritical.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »
I'd also like to challenge the unexamined assumption that hobbits aren't evil.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
I'd also like to challenge the unexamined assumption that hobbits aren't evil.

LOL

How about Ed Begley Jr as the face of Global Warming? Or does the public think of him as too much of a wacko?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 11:01:24 AM »
LOL

How about Ed Begley Jr as the face of Global Warming? Or does the public think of him as too much of a wacko?

On the credibility scale, he's about one step up from Woody Harrelson advocating for hemp.  :)

But give Ed credit for having enough of a sense of humor to play himself on The Simpsons as driving a vehicle "powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction".

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
So the alternatives are "live like a hobbit" or live an extravagantly luxurious lifestyle? Just because he has the resources doesn't mean he has to spend them.

In my opinion it's difficult to preach "Green" when you live like he does. I'm not saying the guy is evil just that he comes off as hypocritical.
That's what I'm asking, is this what people are saying????  If you lecture on it you better live like a hobbit?  Yea, that's what it looks like some are saying... I want to know, deos AL Gore's home = extravagantly luxurious lifestyle?  I would like to see the stats of his home and what happens and how many people live there stacked up against similar homes?  I have no idea what the average for a 10,000 square foot home with many people and business/meetings/events is?  Why is not one media outlet asking these questions, they're so liberal, I can't be the only one thinking of asking this?  I have to have a valid point that there is not really any reasoning for having little Billy's studio apartment in the calculation, but that's exactly what happens when you compare Gore to the national average.  All I'm saying, is for what it is, maybe Al Gore's usage rate is one of the best.  Per Person needs to be calculated to be fair.  Lets say Al Gore moves his business and other dealing into their own establishments because he racks up a 1200.00 per month electric bill that the media is nailing him on.  Now that he's moved everything out, his home is say 400.00 but the total for the establishments and the home is more, how smart would that have been?  How smart is it for Al to Run everything from one central location?  Did one fag ass reporter give him kudos for that?  Oh no?  why?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 11:17:06 AM »
That's what I'm asking, is this what people are saying????  If you lecture on it you better live like a hobbit?  Yea, that's what it looks like some are saying... I want to know, deos AL Gore's home = extravagantly luxurious lifestyle?  I would like to see the stats of his home and what happens and how many people live there stacked up against similar homes?  I have no idea what the average for a 10,000 square foot home with many people and business/meetings/events is?  Why is not one media outlet asking these questions, they're so liberal, I can't be the only one thinking of asking this?  I have to have a valid point that there is not really any reasoning for having little Billy's studio apartment in the calculation, but that's exactly what happens when you compare Gore to the national average.  All I'm saying, is for what it is, maybe Al Gore's usage rate is one of the best.  Per Person needs to be calculated to be fair.  Lets say Al Gore moves his business and other dealing into their own establishments because he racks up a 1200.00 per month electric bill that the media is nailing him on.  Now that he's moved everything out, his home is say 400.00 but the total for the establishments and the home is more, how smart would that have been?  How smart is it for Al to Run everything from one central location?  Did one fag ass reporter give him kudos for that?  Oh no?  why?

Damn I didn't realize what a Gore lover beserker was. How about this, it doesn't fucking matter how much electricity he is using be cause the "doomsday global warming epidemic" is a farse.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 11:17:10 AM »
On the credibility scale, he's about one step up from Woody Harrelson advocating for hemp.  :)

But give Ed credit for having enough of a sense of humor to play himself on The Simpsons as driving a vehicle "powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction".

Ouch, the dreaded Woody Harrelson. His father's a murderer and he's an advocate for hemp.

How about South Park? Have you seen the "Smug Alert" episode? They renamed the Prius the Pious and Smog Alerts became Smug Alerts. LOL

Oh, and citizens of San Francisco fart into wine glasses and sniff the scent as if it's a fine wine. LOL It's very nearly the work of genius.  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
Damn I didn't realize what a Gore lover beserker was. How about this, it doesn't fucking matter how much electricity he is using be cause the "doomsday global warming epidemic" is a farse.
I'm only trying to see that we're looking at the truth and not misleading info... I'll take this reply as a big fat red herring...  When you have something real to refute my questions with, you let Big Bad Berserker know ;)