Author Topic: Fuck yeah!!! Randy all the way baby!!!!!!!!!  (Read 18669 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Fuck yeah!!! Randy all the way baby!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »
That's why Crocop got owned by Randleman, and McDonald in K-1. He's good, but not great. Sure if u make your career off of throwing Haymakers, of course you're bound to catch a couple of good fighters and look good, but he lacks in other areas and those areas is what makes a great MMA fighter.

Please don't tell me you are comparing Michael McDonald to Randy Couture.  Randleman caught Mirko, period.  Did you see what happened in the rematch?  Man, I love Randy just like the next guy, and I want him to win, but I am honestly assesing the situation, Mirko is great at beating grapplers.  PERIOD.  His recent losses were to people who kept it on the feet.  Josh Barnett destroyed Randy, and Mirko beat him twice, convincingly.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:53 AM »
Please don't tell me you are comparing Michael McDonald to Randy Couture.  Randleman caught Mirko, period.  Did you see what happened in the rematch?  Man, I love Randy just like the next guy, and I want him to win, but I am honestly assesing the situation, Mirko is great at beating grapplers.  PERIOD.  His recent losses were to people who kept it on the feet.  Josh Barnett destroyed Randy, and Mirko beat him twice, convincingly.

That guillotine choke in the rematch was SIIIICK!!! from what I remember Randleman spit up some blood on Mirko's chest.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »
.  Josh Barnett destroyed Randy, and Mirko beat him twice, convincingly.

....but from this doesnt follow that Mirko will destroy Randy. I dont know if you remember but Randy was dominating Josh during most of the fight untill Josh reversed him and finished him in a minute, and also dont forget that Josh was outweighing Randy by 30 -35 lbs.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 10:53:57 AM »
....but from this doesnt follow that Mirko will destroy Randy. I dont know if you remember but Randy was dominating Josh during most of the fight untill Josh reversed him and finished him in a minute, and also dont forget that Josh was outweighing Randy by 30 -35 lbs.

Moreso that Randy doesn't do well within guard.  He is good at top game, and is content to sit in guard and drop elbows, punches.  He doesn't do as well when he has a bigger/stronger man in his guard.  Did you forget about the Ricco fight as well.  You may attribute it to size, but I attribute it to technique.  Ricco did well in ADCC, and is a BJJ black belt.  Barnett, who "reversed" Randy slapped on a nasty kneebar on Big Nog in the open weight GP at the end of the round, and has a very tricky game.  Mirko has shown his GNP is very underrated, if Randy ends up on his back, he may be in trouble. 

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »
That's why Crocop got owned by Randleman, and McDonald in K-1. He's good, but not great. Sure if u make your career off of throwing Haymakers, of course you're bound to catch a couple of good fighters and look good, but he lacks in other areas and those areas is what makes a great MMA fighter.
Lol.

Ok, Crocop is not a great fighter.

Any more gems of wisdom you want to share?
$

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
Moreso that Randy doesn't do well within guard.  He is good at top game, and is content to sit in guard and drop elbows, punches.  He doesn't do as well when he has a bigger/stronger man in his guard.  Did you forget about the Ricco fight as well.  You may attribute it to size, but I attribute it to technique.  Ricco did well in ADCC, and is a BJJ black belt.  Barnett, who "reversed" Randy slapped on a nasty kneebar on Big Nog in the open weight GP at the end of the round, and has a very tricky game.  Mirko has shown his GNP is very underrated, if Randy ends up on his back, he may be in trouble. 

I actually attribute it both to size and strength, cause if Josh was Randy's size or smaller it would've been a different end....and i didnt forget about Ricco ..he is actually one of my favorite HW fighters .....watched an interview with him last year right after his fight against Ron H2O , he was talking how much he wants to get back in UFC and get the belt from Silvia and so on....but apparently Dana didn't seem to think so.....Ricco was also robbed against Nog....I dont think there is a single sane person in the world who thinks that Nog won the fight...it was ridiculous....   

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »
I actually attribute it both to size and strength, cause if Josh was Randy's size or smaller it would've been a different end....and i didnt forget about Ricco ..he is actually one of my favorite HW fighters .....watched an interview with him last year right after his fight against Ron H2O , he was talking how much he wants to get back in UFC and get the belt from Silvia and so on....but apparently Dana didn't seem to think so.....Ricco was also robbed against Nog....I dont think there is a single sane person in the world who thinks that Nog won the fight...it was ridiculous....   

If you are a Ricco fan, you must know how slick his game is (most JJ Machado students are).  It is more leveraged and angles based than strength/athleticism.  If anything, Randy relies more on athleticism than either Josh, or Ricco, so again, I agree to disagree with you.  And yes, Ricco was robbed against Nog.  DSEs champa against Zuffa's former champ.  Slap on a gi and join a good BJJ school.  I get swept, reversed consistently by people I outweigh by 35-50 lbs because of technique, setup, and leverage. 

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »
If you are a Ricco fan, you must know how slick his game is (most JJ Machado students are).  It is more leveraged and angles based than strength/athleticism.  If anything, Randy relies more on athleticism than either Josh, or Ricco, so again, I agree to disagree with you.  And yes, Ricco was robbed against Nog.  DSEs champa against Zuffa's former champ.  Slap on a gi and join a good BJJ school.  I get swept, reversed consistently by people I outweigh by 35-50 lbs because of technique, setup, and leverage. 

Gi..?Never ...It s a totally different game..if anyone wants to train for mma should never put on  gi  in training. Right after college when i was done with wrestling I wanted to get into mma  ....there were 4-5 different Gracie's schools in the area where I live I none of them had no gi classes so i kept  loking until i found what i was looking for ...of coure that's my opinion...many people would disagree with me , probably you as a grcie boy will do too.....

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »
I hate it when people assume that just because a fighter lost to one who was beaten by another means they cant win, different styles are made to fight certain fighters, mirko can beat randy stand up no problem period. can randy take mirko to the ground? everytime yes he could pull king kong to the floor. fact is until we see exactly where each fighter wants to take the fight you cant make an accurate assumption on who will win at this level of fighter.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »
I hate it when people assume that just because a fighter lost to one who was beaten by another means they cant win, different styles are made to fight certain fighters, mirko can beat randy stand up no problem period. can randy take mirko to the ground? everytime yes he could pull king kong to the floor. fact is until we see exactly where each fighter wants to take the fight you cant make an accurate assumption on who will win at this level of fighter.

..there ya go....end of story 8)

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Randy can, or will beat Crocop. I think it's impressive how Randy came out with a tight game plan against Silvia, and applied it, but the chemistry between CC and Randy is bad for Randy, unless he learns how to defend and overtake CC on the ground. Which I believe he is capable of doing, and learning. He's a legend and it wont be a blowout like everyone says, but CC is still a big favorite to win IMO.
CEA999

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
  Gi..?Never ...It s a totally different game..if anyone wants to train for mma should never put on  gi  in training. Right after college when i was done with wrestling I wanted to get into mma  ....there were 4-5 different Gracie's schools in the area where I live I none of them had no gi classes so i kept  loking until i found what i was looking for ...of coure that's my opinion...many people would disagree with me , probably you as a grcie boy will do too.....

Our school, which is a Relson Gracie affiliate does Gi and nogi.  Training in the gi makes you more aware of many submissions that are possible, and their defenses.  I have competed only in nogi competitions, and have won on submission in two of my last three matches.  I wouldn't have been aware of one of them had I not trained in the gi.  BTW, Relson Gracies teams have done the best in sub grappling in Hawaii for some time now. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »

Mirko's takedown defense is much better than Tim's.  Fujita, Coleman, Randleman, had a tough time taking CC down.  Most can't keep him there, particularly with stand ups the UFC seems to prefer.  Just because Randy took Tim down, you shouldn't ASS-UME that he will do the same to Mirko.  And for the record, I want Randy to win.  Remember, Randy had a tough time taking Chuck to the ground in fights two and three.  Mirko has better standup, movement, and just as good a takedown defense.  Did I mention he has power in his hands and feet? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
Awful lot of TUF retards in this thread who don't know shit. Tell me how Randy winning a fight against an overrated Sylvia equates to CC being overrated and a bad striker? Unbelievable.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
Awful lot of TUF retards in this thread who don't know shit. Tell me how Randy winning a fight against an overrated Sylvia equates to CC being overrated and a bad striker? Unbelievable.

Precisely what I was thinking....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:03 AM »

LOL, so true.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2007, 08:26:50 AM »
Randy's striking has improved a lot but I dont think its anywhere near Crocop's level.  If you watch his fight against Silva he left him self open for leg kicks the whole time and I kept thinking Silva was going to see this but nope!  Crocop will win the fight.  Randy is my favorite fighter but you cant deny the facts... Crocop > Couture.... First round KO..... damnit....and I would love to eat my words on this one.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »
Randy's striking has improved a lot but I dont think its anywhere near Crocop's level.  If you watch his fight against Silva he left him self open for leg kicks the whole time and I kept thinking Silva was going to see this but nope!  Crocop will win the fight.  Randy is my favorite fighter but you cant deny the facts... Crocop > Couture.... First round KO..... damnit....and I would love to eat my words on this one.

There is a reason Tim Sylvia did not kick much.  It would only make it easier for Randy to take him down, which he did do after one kick.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
Mirko won't kick until he closes the right eye of Randy with his nasty cross/hook combo like he did to Wandy.  Plus Mirko delivers fantastic low line kicks that are hard to pick up.  BTW, how did Mirko stop a GOLD medal winning Judoka recently?  Was Yoshida able to grab any one of those kicks and take Mirko down?  Just so there is no confusion:

Mirko's striking>Tim's striking.
Michael McDonald's striking>Randy's striking
Mirko's TD defense>Tim.
Mirko's athleticism>Tim. 
Mirko>Chuck

Mirko has made a career of beating grappling  based figthers, not strikers. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
Mirko won't kick until he closes the right eye of Randy with his nasty cross/hook combo like he did to Wandy.  Plus Mirko delivers fantastic low line kicks that are hard to pick up.  BTW, how did Mirko stop a GOLD medal winning Judoka recently?  Was Yoshida able to grab any one of those kicks and take Mirko down?  Just so there is no confusion:

Mirko's striking>Tim's striking.
Michael McDonald's striking>Randy's striking
Mirko's TD defense>Tim.
Mirko's athleticism>Tim. 
Mirko>Chuck

Mirko has made a career of beating grappling  based figthers, not strikers. 

That last part with the "Mirko > Sylvia" stuff translates to Chuck also. And we saw what happened with Chuck and Randy. Fucking TUF retards, watch some of CroCop's fights.   ::)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »
The TUF force is strong here. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
The TUF force is strong here. 

And there are people claiming it's not warranted when I say it.  :o

dootle

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »
i can not see him lasting very long with crocop..randy will get ko'd if he fights him..i do want to give randy props for the way he demolished silvia and i think that was the best randy we've ever seen! i love randy,he is a great guy and fighter,but he will not be able to handle crocop..in fact,crocop will retire randy via a brutal ko..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »
I don't think Cro Cop is overrated at all but his OWGP win was overrated

he fought 3 non heavyweights in minowa (what was he thinking entering the owgp :o) Yoshida and Wandy

then he beat a tired barnett

barnett had to go through aleks, hunt, and noguira to make it to the finals

cro cop defintly had an easy road to the finals

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2007, 07:19:06 AM »
i can not see him lasting very long with crocop..randy will get ko'd if he fights him..i do want to give randy props for the way he demolished silvia and i think that was the best randy we've ever seen! i love randy,he is a great guy and fighter,but he will not be able to handle crocop..in fact,crocop will retire randy via a brutal ko..

I'd like to see cro cop up against Silvia before they put him in front of randy.  He would take whatever silvia had left and completly demolish him...
w