Author Topic: Low carbohydrate "diets" are....................  (Read 10452 times)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: Low carbohydrate "diets" are....................
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »
Just when I think I know what im talking about or doing....I read Getbig and am lost!  :P

I just want to maintain muscle and LOSE fat on the cheapest way possible.

Im still confused as to go low carb with green beans etc each meal (which sux)

or balance with fruits , potatoes and healthy foods (which is apparently the slowest method?)

or eat really cheap food like luncheon , sausages , white rice (adnois styles but is unhealthy?) which would save me lots of money

and keep all 3 different diets at 2000 cals....

>:(

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
If you eat 2000 calories a day as a man, you will lose weight no matter how your macronutrients are lined up.  If you want to keep the most muscle then you should make sure your protein intake is fairly high and not lose weight to quickly. 

I can uderstand trying to eat on a budget.  Economical foods I recommend are eggs, top round steak, tuna in a can, chicken, rice, potatoes; a lot of vegetables are not that expensive like lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms;  fruits can be expensive but grapes, bananas and apples aren't too bad.

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »
agree that low carb diets suck, I tried it once and I regret it. I have never been one to have issues with food. I dont get cravings, I can pass on desert, no problem. Dont have an addictive personality at all. No issues with food at all. Never understood the problems the people have sticking to diets. I thought they were undisiplined and cry babies. 

Then I decided to do the Atkins thing, first 'diet' in my life, big mistake. I cut out a lot of carbs and next thing you know I was craving chocolate cake out of the blue, and I never even ate it much before. I thought I was going crazy. I  became obsessed with carbs. My cravings were getting in the way of my day, I couldn't think straight. For the first time I understood what it meant to be addicted to something. I felt sorry for all the people that live with cravings, food or anything else. It was just awful. And the worst part is when I went back to a normal diet I still had the cravings. Its been a year now and I am finally getting back to normal. The diet screwed me up and I will never do any kind of specific type dieting where one food is left out. Once you fuck with your body like that it is hard to get back to normal.

Dude would you be able to post your current diet?

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »
If you want to keep the most muscle then you should make sure your protein intake is fairly high and not lose weight to quickly. 

I

Another thing...whats the arguement at these days for a natural intake of protein for an athlete?

Adonis how much protein do you believe is required?

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »
probably 2 grams per pound of bodyweight for a bodybuilder though many will say this is too much

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »
probably 2 grams per pound of bodyweight for a bodybuilder though many will say this is too much

That's too much.

Ron: "I am lazy."

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »
Low carb diets work for some and not others.

I have tried them twice, and I can only last a week before my performance in the gym just suffers to much. Not only do I lose physical strength due to glycogen depletion, but I also mentally fatigue as well.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »
It cannot be argued that low-carb diets are not superior for pure fat-loss (yes I said that right!).  When you're body makes the "metabolic switch" to burn fat instead of carbs, as its primary source of fuel...  I don't know, DUH!?!?! 

Fat loss comes fast, and not much can slow it down, as long as your body doesn't "switch back" to a carb burning metabolism.

And don't think that I'm ALL FOR LOW-CARB DIETS, because I'm definitely NOT!

Just like any diet, where you lose lots of weight quickly, the possibility for rebound weight-gain exists.  And it exists BIG-TIME with low-carb diets.  Because you deprive yourself of all the foods you love so much, you tend to binge on them as soon as you can.  And when you do, you'll see yourself gain back everything you lost in record time!

Going from a normal diet to a low-carb diet doesn't take much transitioning - in fact, the quicker you make the shift, the better.  However, switching back is much, much trickier.  You MUST gradually, and very gradually, increase your daily carb intake; and at the same time lower your fat intake.

Another note on low-carb diets: they MUST be "Low Carb/High Fat"...  NOT "Low Carb/Low Fat!!!!!"  Your body can not make the metabolic shift to a fat-burning metabolism if you do not eat a sufficient amount of fat (like 40-60% of total calories).  If you try to do a "Low Carb/Low Fat/High Protein" diet, you'll just be tricking your body into thinking that "Protein" is your primary source of fuel and you'll eat away muscle faster than anything.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »
How is eating 8-9 pieces of chicken or 4 lean steaks and 8 eggs  dieting?  what are your portion sizes?

whole chicken breasts is the typical portion..i just go by what's listed on teh bag. I know it's generalized but compared to what I WAS putting down, this is eating light.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
It cannot be argued that low-carb diets are not superior for pure fat-loss (yes I said that right!).  When you're body makes the "metabolic switch" to burn fat instead of carbs, as its primary source of fuel...  I don't know, DUH!?!?! 

Fat loss comes fast, and not much can slow it down, as long as your body doesn't "switch back" to a carb burning metabolism.

And don't think that I'm ALL FOR LOW-CARB DIETS, because I'm definitely NOT!

Just like any diet, where you lose lots of weight quickly, the possibility for rebound weight-gain exists.  And it exists BIG-TIME with low-carb diets.  Because you deprive yourself of all the foods you love so much, you tend to binge on them as soon as you can.  And when you do, you'll see yourself gain back everything you lost in record time!

Going from a normal diet to a low-carb diet doesn't take much transitioning - in fact, the quicker you make the shift, the better.  However, switching back is much, much trickier.  You MUST gradually, and very gradually, increase your daily carb intake; and at the same time lower your fat intake.

Another note on low-carb diets: they MUST be "Low Carb/High Fat"...  NOT "Low Carb/Low Fat!!!!!"  Your body can not make the metabolic shift to a fat-burning metabolism if you do not eat a sufficient amount of fat (like 40-60% of total calories).  If you try to do a "Low Carb/Low Fat/High Protein" diet, you'll just be tricking your body into thinking that "Protein" is your primary source of fuel and you'll eat away muscle faster than anything.

In theory the low carbohydrate diet is the ultimate fat loss solution.

Note I say "in theory"

I have given the low carb two chances myself and it just doesn't work for me becuase my body just cannot function optimally without the carbs, I can't train optimally, and this leads me to be weaker, and ultimately lose muscle.

For some people, they can handle the low carb...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2007, 10:26:10 AM »
I cant believe im asking this...but let me see the adonis diet...where can i look at it?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
the dumbest thing on earth, discuss.
maybe you should reconsider this  ;D