Author Topic: How many inches is your TV set?  (Read 4368 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
How many inches is your TV set?
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »
discuss
Z

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: How many inches is your TV set?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »
Only 32" but it fits my living room and entertainment center perfect. I'm looking to upgrade around Christmas this year to an HD flat.
$

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »
Only 32" but it fits my living room and entertainment center perfect. I'm looking to upgrade around Christmas this year to an HD flat.
36inch plasma no need to go bigger when my basement is done i will get a bigger one for down there but 36inch is good..
p

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »
does anybody know the calculation for x amount of feet away from the size of the tv?
$

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:39:03 PM »
does anybody know the calculation for x amount of feet away from the size of the tv?
??? JUST TURN IT ON BSB  ;D
p

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 02:47:54 PM »

If you're sitting 8' or more from the tv look at 50" or more if you're sitting closer than 8' look for a tv smaller than 50".

When you sit too close to a large screen you won't see the crispness of the high resolution. And go 1080p, prices have fallen enough to make the purchase worthwhile especially if you plan on buying a Blu-Ray player or an upconverting DVD player.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »
53, but its like 4 years old and not a widescreen. :-\ I need a new one, but I usually watch the 27 inch one in my computer room.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 06:36:39 PM »
50 inch Samsung 1080p. Paid $3999 for it a year an half ago. It's disheartening to see how much prices have fallen since then. >:(

But that's technology for you. When something first comes out the prices are at their peak. The prices go down when the product becomes monopolized by consumer demand.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
55 1080 p sony

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:24:59 AM »
In the basement 62inch wide screen 1080p

In my room 27inch 1080p.
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »
A 27 inch, analog flat screen. And I used to be the Video/Audio manager at a Circuit City in my town!
Personally, because there is not enough HD, unless you pay for it EXTRA, for FREE, I won't go HD till they do. And it will happen. Satellite radio was, and still is a monthly charge, but as of now they are offering digital radio for free in certain areas. I don't watch enough tv anyway to warrant the cost of an HD set.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:33:58 AM »
A 27 inch, analog flat screen. And I used to be the Video/Audio manager at a Circuit City in my town!
Personally, because there is not enough HD, unless you pay for it EXTRA, for FREE, I won't go HD till they do. And it will happen. Satellite radio was, and still is a monthly charge, but as of now they are offering digital radio for free in certain areas. I don't watch enough tv anyway to warrant the cost of an HD set.

I don't have HD cable for my room but I have HD connections for my PS2 (and soon PS3) so I can play games and watch movies in HD.
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:53:59 AM »
I'm considering buying a projector to get a little cinema feel... I just have to figure out where to put it, make the room darker etc

I don't watch all that much tv anyway... so I'm basically looking for something to use with movies, sports and  videogames...
Z

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:28:26 AM »
34" lcd

i love her

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 08:23:03 AM »
In the basement 62inch wide screen 1080p

In my room 27inch 1080p.

I didn't know there were 1080p sets smaller than 42".   What brand is it?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
          I didn't know there were 1080p sets smaller than 42".   What brand is it?

Prima

There was HD 1080p for the same size of sony and toshiba where I went. I chose the one I got cause it was about $50 bucks cheaper then the other two brands and I wanted to buy a tv stand the same day.
I

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
36in LG Flatron.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:08 PM »

I don't have HD cable for my room but I have HD connections for my PS2 (and soon PS3) so I can play games and watch movies in HD.
Actually the games aren't in HD Mike, but by hooking up your game systems with component video you will get a great picture and the up conversion from an HD set with games and DVD, as long as they are progressive scan, will seem like HD.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »
Actually the games aren't in HD Mike, but by hooking up your game systems with component video you will get a great picture and the up conversion from an HD set with games and DVD, as long as they are progressive scan, will seem like HD.

Yeah progressive scan is what I need to switch on with games and shit. It looks much sharper and since I have a bose stereo (in my room) so the sound is always great.
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 04:16:16 AM »

Yeah progressive scan is what I need to switch on with games and shit. It looks much sharper and since I have a Bose stereo (in my room) so the sound is always great.
Because I don't have an HD TV, I rely more on my home audio than the actual picture. I have all separate components. An Onkyo 7.0 speaker output for surround amplifier, with Polk Audio speakers and a Velodyne Subwoofer. All hooked up to a Monster voltage regulator and a Powerbar multisurge protector.
Unfortunately I never liked Bose. Here's some info for you though. You should ask Bose why they still make their woofers with paper. Almost all speaker manufacturers, who make quality speakers anyway, use polypropylene or titanium coated, etc. materials for their woofers. Paper will eventually tear, thereby compromising the sound. Not to burst your bubble or anything, it's just that for the money that Bose charges, you would think they would use higher quality materials.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:13 AM »
yeah bose rely more on design and marketing than anything else.
Z

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 04:23:14 AM »
Because I don't have an HD TV, I rely more on my home audio than the actual picture. I have all separate components. An Onkyo 7.0 speaker output for surround amplifier, with Polk Audio speakers and a Velodyne Subwoofer. All hooked up to a Monster voltage regulator and a Powerbar multisurge protector.
Unfortunately I never liked Bose. Here's some info for you though. You should ask Bose why they still make their woofers with paper. Almost all speaker manufacturers, who make quality speakers anyway, use polypropylene or titanium coated, etc. materials for their woofers. Paper will eventually tear, thereby compromising the sound. Not to burst your bubble or anything, it's just that for the money that Bose charges, you would think they would use higher quality materials.

I have blasted my Bose stereo to extreme levels and never heard a distorted sound come out in my life.
I

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »
have a 44inch plasma...beat that
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 04:25:11 AM »
yeah bose rely more on design and marketing than anything else.

Dude their speakers can mimic surround sound. And for the size of the equipment it is head and shoulders above anything else.
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »

I have blasted my Bose stereo to extreme levels and never heard a distorted sound come out in my life.
You really won't be able to tell unless you compare another "new" Bose system side by side. I used to compare them all the time when brought into the store for repair or if they needed info on hooking something up to it.
Which system do you have, the 3-2-1 or the 5 speaker Hometheatre set? Whichever one you have, just check out the Sub. It is NOT a powered, meaning an individual powered unit, unit. That means it doesn't have it's own amplier built into the unit. When that happens, you draw power away from one amplifier source and since the sub module(Bose calls them modules not woofers) will draw the most power, you take away output from your speakers. Now since they are small cubes anyway, they won't need much power, however they don't have any midrange level. That reliance is on the sub module. And for a sub module to make "middle" sounds, you actually lose quite a bit.
It will always sound better than most standard stereo equipment because they atune their frequencies to just what the human ear can detect. However even though there are frequencies that we cannot detect, they still affect the wavelengths of the frequencies we do hear. That's why some music will sound "glassy" or have a high raspy sound to them.
For less than half of the cost, you can purchase other small cube systems, Polk Audio or Infinity, with a separate subwoofer, and a decent amplifier, and have just as good or better sound.
Not to mention most of these companies have a longer warranty on their speakers than Bose.

Their marketing plan is great, it's just too bad their product is overpriced for what they offer.