Author Topic: Saudi king calls US occupation of Iraq "illegal"  (Read 6394 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Saudi king calls US occupation of Iraq "illegal"
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 02:55:16 AM »
The military is largely about following orders, not thinking for yourself. No offense to those in the military,
but thats a simple fact.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 06:56:05 AM »
The military is largely about following orders, not thinking for yourself. No offense to those in the military,
but thats a simple fact.

That is further compounded by the fact that those in the military who are required to think, ...don't know how.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 08:10:05 AM »
That is further compounded by the fact that those in the military who are required to think, ...don't know how.

here, we have mm69, hh6, and Enigma.   IMO, they fall into 3 categories:

Loud & Uninformed  mm69: didn't know there was a Saud/Bush relationship.  Didn't know Alaska had ANY oil, much less the second largest reserve in the world. 

Politically blinded  hh6: blames clinton for 9/11, and has said that any attack on America in the first FIVE years of the Bush admin would have been CLinton's fault.

Recently aware  Enigma: was a diehard supporter til he saw the horrors on the field, and learned the REAL reasons we went to war - corporate and oil interests.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »

You are a Canadian who has never spent a day in the reserves or on active duty in either the Canadian or American armed forces.  You watch too much T.V.   ::)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007, 11:45:49 AM »

If you ever get the opportunity to hang w/ some of the Spec Ops boys in the bar and talk, you'd really
be surprised how they are. They have a lot of freedom in their group. They do not salute each other, and rank alone does not allways outweigh experience. Its a group thing. I hung for a week @ nights with about a dozen of these guys, and they are not what you'd think. This was about 2 yrs before Sept 11th. Its sad to think some of them have prolly been wasted for nothing. Very impressive crew of guys.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »
You are a Canadian who has never spent a day in the reserves or on active duty in either the Canadian or American armed forces.  You watch too much T.V.   ::)

I don't need to, ...I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Select.  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
I don't need to, ...I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Select.  :P

It's Holiday Inn Express.  Maybe you don't watch enough TV.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2007, 11:29:07 PM »
If you ever get the opportunity to hang w/ some of the Spec Ops boys in the bar and talk, you'd really
be surprised how they are. They have a lot of freedom in their group. They do not salute each other, and rank alone does not allways outweigh experience. Its a group thing. I hung for a week @ nights with about a dozen of these guys, and they are not what you'd think. This was about 2 yrs before Sept 11th. Its sad to think some of them have prolly been wasted for nothing. Very impressive crew of guys.

Truth be told, ...I'd be scared to hang out with Spec Ops boys in a bar.

The ability to kill a wo/man 56 ways from Sunday, alcohol, & my mouth, ...doesn't make for a good combination.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2007, 11:29:59 PM »
It's Holiday Inn Express.  Maybe you don't watch enough TV.   :)

{blush}  :-[

...maybe you watch too much TV
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »
Truth be told, ...I'd be scared to hang out with Spec Ops boys in a bar.

The ability to kill a wo/man 56 ways from Sunday, alcohol, & my mouth, ...doesn't make for a good combination.

You should be scared to hang out with anyone in a bar... I bet that mouth gets you in a ton of trouble.

:)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2007, 11:34:13 PM »
You should be scared to hang out with anyone in a bar... I bet that mouth gets you in a ton of trouble.

:)

It actually gets me out of more trouble than it gets me into.

I'm way different in person than I am on the internet.

In person, I can kick your ass and make you like it.  ;D
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »
It actually gets me out of more trouble than it gets me into.

I'm way different in person than I am on the internet.

In person, I can kick your ass and make you like it.  ;D

Hmm... Almost sounds like an invitation..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2007, 12:15:45 AM »
here, we have mm69, hh6, and Enigma.   IMO, they fall into 3 categories:

Loud & Uninformed  mm69: didn't know there was a Saud/Bush relationship.  Didn't know Alaska had ANY oil, much less the second largest reserve in the world. 

Politically blinded  hh6: blames clinton for 9/11, and has said that any attack on America in the first FIVE years of the Bush admin would have been CLinton's fault.

Recently aware  Enigma: was a diehard supporter til he saw the horrors on the field, and learned the REAL reasons we went to war - corporate and oil interests.

Actually, the House of Saud and Bush relation is for some reason not very well known.

It's no secret though.

These two families are like bread and butter, and only one person in Washington have access to Bush at all times - the Saudi Arabia Ambassadeur.

It's quite interesting, really. The history of these families, I mean.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2007, 06:08:17 AM »
mm69 hasn't studied this one bit.

if he had, he'd know about the huge relationship there.

been in the military ten years, served IN Saudia Arabia, and had no clue about this?

Something wrong there. 

Oh you are trying to get me going this morning, I actually aknowledged tha Bush Saudi oil connection but I wander why the king was trying so hard to kick us out of his country when I was there in 98.....can you answer me that? Incestuous??? come on now....
gotta love life