Author Topic: Jimmy!!!!!  (Read 1774 times)

~salmon~

Jimmy!!!!!
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »
How the fuck did GSP lose to Serra!!?!?!?!??!?!?!  FUCK!  My weekend is ruined >:( :'( You're take on this please...

sandycoosworth

Re: Jimmy!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:50:42 AM »
i didnt see it live and the clip i saw was one of those winamp ones (nsf?) so i cant be sure, but it looked like his hands came down from some solid bodywork by serra and he got caught when he was off balance to rock him initially ... i think he he was scard of serra on the ground and that may have gotten into his head

~salmon~

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
i didnt see it live and the clip i saw was one of those winamp ones (nsf?) so i cant be sure, but it looked like his hands came down from some solid bodywork by serra and he got caught when he was off balance to rock him initially ... i think he he was scard of serra on the ground and that may have gotten into his head

It was disgusting to see, specially when they showed Matt Hughes in the audience laughing... >:(

GSP did lose his balance initially and then ended up getting rocked before the ground & pound.  I hope they give him an instant rematch.  I can't believe he'd have to go through a bunch of tool b4 getting another title shot...

sandycoosworth

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
matt hughes seems like an asshole ... george will make him his bitch in fight #3

i wasnt too disappointed in georges, rather i think serra did really well

~salmon~

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »
matt hughes seems like an asshole ... george will make him his bitch in fight #3

i wasnt too disappointed in georges, rather i think serra did really well

I suppose if he is going to lose to anyone, it might as well be a good guy like Serra...

dootle

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 02:52:03 PM »
i agree, at least he didn't loose to some asshole..i like serra, but he isn't going to hold that belt for long..

sandycoosworth

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 04:14:47 PM »
i like serra, but he isn't going to hold that belt for long..

this is probably true... he has an amazing ground game and his striking was looking top notch (by UFC standards) but thats a fairly competitive division and with the addition of the pride guys its about to get alot moreso

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
There's nothing wrong, every one want's to see good fights, but no one wants to see ppl lose ???
You can't have it both ways. If you put to top of the line fighters in the ring anything can and will happen, thats the fun of it all IMHO. If you always knew the outcome why even watch the fight?
P

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
as long as people are trying their best to FINISH an opponent i really dont care what happens

only fights i dont like is when people fight like bitches and just pin someone ... yes its great you can controll someone else but thats wrestling not fighting (unless you use that controll to break somthing or smash his face :D)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »
You're gonna see way more upsets in mma than in boxing because of the smaller gloves and the fact that there's no ten count. The "Lucky Punch" has a better chance of landing and ending the fight.

Congrats to Matt.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
Aaaah you should learn Wrestling and BJJ I used to think like that at one time. Then I realized it was because I didn't know what was going on, In reality it's just as fun as stand up. it's like a chess match of stetting up moves,counter moving, positioning, faking ppl out etc.. But if u are unaware of the tactics used you don't notice them and it looks boring. I'm mainly a stand up guy but in the past few years I've learned to love Wrestling and BJJ, hell I even love doing straight grappling matches, with no striking! It's very fun once u get into it! It's also a good alternative to sparr and compeat if you're boss doesn't like u showing up with black eyes all the time ;D

Thats actually started running my own businesses lol just so I could fight and no one could give me shit about it. Now I just joke when ppl bring it up and say something like I came home late and my wife got mad  ::)
P

sandycoosworth

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
when you learn a little more about wrestling and bjj youll realize there is a huge difference between somebody playing the ground game to try and get a submission/GnP off and someone pinning an opponent down ;)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »
Well if fighters are over defensive ya, it's boring standing or on the ground. I was trying to say ground fighting can be fun to watch too. and it's a hell of a lot more than just pinning some one down, you can win from a pinned position too ;)
P