Author Topic: Pittsburgh Pro Figure  (Read 49293 times)

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
Re: Pittsburgh Pro Figure
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2007, 08:29:05 AM »
figure I compare c figure skating. Estimations - are subjective.
When there is no:
- above
- is faster
- more strongly
ALWAYS SUBJECTIVELY

Oksana has called today and has told: Sonia Adcock - the first 100 %. Beautiful, womanly and.... It is able to behave on a stage. My opinion: Irina Mishina - has a fine figure, the beautiful person and excellent suits... But... Irina should learn to behave on a stage! The beauty should to be able be presented on a stage!!! To all interlocutors of health, forces and happiness! Yours Iron Bull
Sounds to me Oksana is a little jealous of Irina's Success.  Who is she to talk about anything will IFBB, she never competed her in the states.  What the hell does she know.  Jealousy is a cruel thing......sad but true!!!

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:15 AM »
Sounds to me Oksana is a little jealous of Irina's Success.  Who is she to talk about anything will IFBB, she never competed her in the states.  What the hell does she know.  Jealousy is a cruel thing......sad but true!!!
You that have not understood! Oksana has told IRINA - BEST!!!! The Rest - my private opinion!
My English - disgusting. And you - are inattentive! And it is a lot of emotions. Emotions not always conduct to success. Calmness! Only calmness!

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
Listen Bro, your own Boards in Russia have been expressin how screwed Irina was at Pittsburgh.  Me, my Russian not good, you your English not good, I really didn't understand wtf you said.  Other then a few words that stuck together in phrases.  So here is the moral of the post.  I don't post on Russian boards cause I don't know wtf I would be saying, you shouldn't post on English boards cause I don't know what you trying to say.  When your own boards are backin Irina and Oksana is dissin one of her own thats just FUCKED UP!! I give her credit she was here for a few days and she learned to AGREE with the wrong and maybe when she competes she won't get fucked over by the Business.  But you don't turn on your own people, that rule #1!!!  Thats just wrong bro and you know it!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
you shouldn't post on English boards cause I don't know what you trying to say. 

Could not disagree more. For one Alex posts a lot of links, pics and does some nice artwork with girls pics. Also, a decade ago, I was told similar type things about my posting, and now its fine, it just all takes time, the net is great to help. Alex is cool by me 8)

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »
Listen Bro, your own Boards in Russia have been expressin how screwed Irina was at Pittsburgh.  Me, my Russian not good, you your English not good, I really didn't understand wtf you said.  Other then a few words that stuck together in phrases.  So here is the moral of the post.  I don't post on Russian boards cause I don't know wtf I would be saying, you shouldn't post on English boards cause I don't know what you trying to say.  When your own boards are backin Irina and Oksana is dissin one of her own thats just FUCKED UP!! I give her credit she was here for a few days and she learned to AGREE with the wrong and maybe when she competes she won't get fucked over by the Business.  But you don't turn on your own people, that rule #1!!!  Thats just wrong bro and you know it!!!!

All of you still are malicious. Vainly. Do not read that that is not written. Irina the big future waits. Good Luck, BRO

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 09:21:03 AM »
Could not disagree more. For one Alex posts a lot of links, pics and does some nice artwork with girls pics. Also, a decade ago, I was told similar type things about my posting, and now its fine, it just all takes time, the net is great to help. Alex is cool by me 8)
The links and pics that alex posts are great, I agree with you on that.  But what did he just try to say cause I can't answer the post if I don't know what it means.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
::) ;D

I - Indian. Apaches!  :-*

gymrat3082
http://www.body-building.ru/copper/thumbnails.php?album=128

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Alex is great for the board, no doubt about it. His pictures and input are always fun. He has difficulties expressing himself sometime, but thats not a major problem.
Irina is amazing I agree and definately deserves better, and Oksana has yet to step on stage against best Fitness has to offer. Time will tell.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »

Alex is a huge supporter of the women and had been posting for ages.. not cool to say he should not post... perhaps his english is not good, but just give him a chance

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »
Alex is a huge supporter of the women and had been posting for ages.. not cool to say he should not post... perhaps his english is not good, but just give him a chance
Is this because he has a thread continually kissing your ass?   ::)
!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »

I with pleasure would kiss Dina on ass. Without a thread.
POCELUI TI MENYA V ZADNICU))

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »
I with pleasure would kiss Dina on ass. Without a thread.
POCELUI TI MENYA V ZADNICU))
That much is obvious.  ::)
!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
That much is obvious.  ::)

There can be it will really...

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
haha

Solid Attitude

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
Antonio,
First off I am Shannon's husband, and even though you have not been completely fair concerning her I will remain professional and explain, in my opinion, why Irina did not place very well.

I will agree she was in good condition, not to hard, but in my opinion she just about nailed the condition that the IFBB is looking for.

Now the negatives: First off, her suits were not good at all, as a matter of fact they were really bad.
                           Secondly like many of the European girls her presentation is bad. Part of the problem
                            is that in Europe and other parts of the world they pose quite different than they do
                            in the states.

Now in the whole scheme of things you might not think that the negatives are all that important, but when you have 10 seconds to make a first impression on the judges and you walk out in bad suits w/ bad presentation your basically done before you start.

My advice is quit telling everyone including Irina she got screwed and help her improve on the small things and she will do better in the future.

As for Shannon, the judges have always told her your too hard, and as a matter of fact the show she won in Atlanta we felt she was as soft as she had been in any of her shows and she was rewarded.
Like eveyone else we too are constantly trying to figure out exactly what the judges are looking for.
So next show we will be noticeably harder but not overboard.

As for her placing, Shannon does have a very balanced physique and her presentation is flawless.

In all honesty Shannon herself loves some of the other competitors physiques, especially Natalie, but the judges have a slight problem w/ her muscularity. So sometimes what we have come to like and respect in certain physiques is just not what they are looking for.

Oh well my 2 cents.

I guess I am now open for some less than positive replys.

SEE YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

TRES

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
As for her placing, Shannon does have a very balanced physique and her presentation is flawless.

In all honesty Shannon herself loves some of the other competitors physiques, especially Natalie, but the judges have a slight problem w/ her muscularity. So sometimes what we have come to like and respect in certain physiques is just not what they are looking for.

Oh well my 2 cents.

I guess I am now open for some less than positive replys.

SEE YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

TRES

Tres...
I will be your first response.  While I did not see Shannon's physique in Pittsburgh, I am quite familiar with her structure and her typical conditioning... and she has made dramatic changes in her musculature since her Fitness days to fit into the Figure mold, which in itself is a major accomplishment.

I agree with what you said about hardness... Shannon looks dynamite rock hard, but alas that is not what the judges want to see from her in the Figure division.  Basically what it comes down to is there are 2 types of girls, those that hit Figure conditioning easily (not as muscular) and those that need to hit a fine line between being rock hard and just soft enough (like Shannon, Jenny Lynn or any girl with a denser muscle base)... these girls need to be just a hair on the soft side of rock hard or they get penalized for being too hard for figure, however if they are 2 or 3 hairs to the softer side they get bashed by fans for being soft and flabby. 

Fans need to realize that just like men's bodybuilding, timing that peak conditioning for women is no where near an exact science either.  And actually harder for women since quite often their time of the month can roll around complete with water retention just as they prepare to step on stage.  Of course those are the things fans don't really care about because it adds reality to the fantasy.

Wow... with my 2 cents and your 2 cents... we almost have a nickel.
I'm not a schmoe... but where Shannon is concerned, maybe!! Ooo Baby!!!

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »
What’s up gang; Barbie in the dream house. Isaac you trying to rouse me from my slumber and get me into trouble? Shoot, like Ms. Bell said by now I know the rules to this game and try not to cause stress about it. This Pittsburgh show is the Manion’s show so I feel like if you compete in it you should not complain if they do what they want to. It is their ball, their court, and their umpires. This has historically been a showcase of the “new girl in JM Management Co”.  I guess Sonia is that girl this year.
It would be cool though if they would let the European’s in on the rulebook before they fly half way across the world to compete. Someone might be nice and let them in on the not so secret of secrets that they haven’t a chance in hell to place in the top five in this show in particular. While someone is at it why don’t they help these girls with informing them of the difference in suit and tanning products in this country? It has just amazed me that the European competitors do not catch on that they are being penalized for this and it further amazes me that the judges do not accept this is the norm in Europe and broaden their perceptions of what is acceptable. While I was at a show in Spain I got used to the cut of the suits and the bronzy, glowy Greek goddess look.
Overall, I was not wowed by any of the competitors. I did like Bernadette, Natalie, Juliana and I will always love the look of Mari, but even they would not ruffle a feather of the usual suspects at the O.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2007, 07:09:40 AM »
While someone is at it why don’t they help these girls with informing them of the difference in suit and tanning products in this country? It has just amazed me that the European competitors do not catch on that they are being penalized for this and it further amazes me that the judges do not accept this is the norm in Europe and broaden their perceptions of what is acceptable.

It always amazes me when someone sees a situation such as you mention above... and then follows it up with, "Why doesn't SOMEBODY help them...".  Hey step-up to the plate and help them YOURSELF, give them guidance, take them under your wing and welcome them to America!!  Oh wait I forgot... if you help them fix their problems there is a chance they could place ahead of you on stage, and thats bad.

I have been backstage at more than my share of shows, and while the IFBB isn't nearly as catty as the NPC... there are obvious little groupings of girls, and the European's are always off alone.  And you can hear the other girls talking amongst themselves... "Check out her suit... Look at her color, did she roll around in the mud... What's up with that make-up/hair...".  If you truly feel that bad that they don't know any better... GO HELP THEM!

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »
Oh wait I forgot... if you help them fix their problems there is a chance they could place ahead of you on stage, and thats bad.

Lol...Barbi I didn't know you were competing. Please let me know which show because I am so there!!! Is Ken coming too???  ;)
M

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23:09 AM »
Hot Damn

If Barbie is competing I wanna Pro Tan her

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2007, 09:25:17 AM »

I never realized that having a fan show appreciation meant he was an ass kisser... That would make Alex a major ass kisser since he supports many many other girls.

get your panties out of a bunch

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »
Lol...Barbi I didn't know you were competing. Please let me know which show because I am so there!!! Is Ken coming too???  ;)

Michelle... It was meant as a open statement to anyone who says things like that in general.  You know like the person who drives down the road and sees someone with car trouble... and says to their passenger, "Gee somebody should help them" and just keeps on going.

But hey, from everything I read on this board thats what its all about anyway... Identify a problem, bring it up on here, bitch and moan about it and then do absolutely nothing to try and correct it... just sit back and assume someone else will... and then bitch some more.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Michelle... It was meant as a open statement to anyone who says things like that in general.  You know like the person who drives down the road and sees someone with car trouble... and says to their passenger, "Gee somebody should help them" and just keeps on going.

But hey, from everything I read on this board thats what its all about anyway... Identify a problem, bring it up on here, bitch and moan about it and then do absolutely nothing to try and correct it... just sit back and assume someone else will... and then bitch some more.

I got you! All though, I still would pay to see MB on stage! ;)
M

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2007, 10:27:59 AM »
Michelle... It was meant as a open statement to anyone who says things like that in general.  You know like the person who drives down the road and sees someone with car trouble... and says to their passenger, "Gee somebody should help them" and just keeps on going.

Yet you keep driving by.

Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2007, 12:11:10 PM »
Tres,
I guess there is alight misunderstanding.
Remarks were made towards judging (as usual). I think Barbie is asolutely right when she says that Europeans should "know better".
Also as you said in Europe they do things different, so what you saying is that they spend so much money to come here to compete, but because of their ""European presentation" they will lose. I thought IFBB stands for International, meaning not just USA.
You can argue about the suit, the presentation, etc, but the fact remains that Shannon did not deserve to beat something like 25 girls based on her presentation, which is direct result of her stage experience. Isn't it a physique contest after all and that should count the most. So what you saying is based on presentation, suit and what you call perfect balance (many would disagree here), Shannon deserved to beat Natalie, Mari, Irina and Juliana. Were they even compared? I guess when we see pictures from contest, we should just ignore physiques as obviously suits, presentation are far more important.
We could go on and on about this, but whats the point.