Author Topic: 150 Regent grads in the Bush administration?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!  (Read 18372 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
No, it wouldn't be shocking at all. Here's a short passage from the Globe story along with the link.

Not long ago, it was rare for Regent graduates to join the federal government. But in 2001, the Bush administration picked the dean of Regent's government school, Kay Coles James , to be the director of the Office of Personnel Management -- essentially the head of human resources for the executive branch. The doors of opportunity for government jobs were thrown open to Regent alumni.

"We've had great placement," said Jay Sekulow , who heads a non profit law firm based at Regent that files lawsuits aimed at lowering barriers between church and state. "We've had a lot of people in key positions."

Many of those who have Regent law degrees, including Goodling, joined the Department of Justice. Their path to employment was further eased in late 2002, when John Ashcroft , then attorney general, changed longstanding rules for hiring lawyers to fill vacancies in the career ranks.

Previously, veteran civil servants screened applicants and recommended whom to hire, usually picking top students from elite schools.

In a recent Regent law school newsletter, a 2004 graduate described being interviewed for a job as a trial attorney at the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division in October 2003. Asked to name the Supreme Court decision from the past 20 years with which he most disagreed, he cited Lawrence v. Texas, the ruling striking down a law against sodomy because it violated gay people's civil rights.

"When one of the interviewers agreed and said that decision in Lawrence was 'maddening,' I knew I correctly answered the question," wrote the Regent graduate . The administration hired him for the Civil Rights Division's housing section -- the only employment offer he received after graduation, he said.

The graduate from Regent -- which is ranked a "tier four" school by US News & World Report, the lowest score and essentially a tie for 136th place -- was not the only lawyer with modest credentials to be hired by the Civil Rights Division after the administration imposed greater political control over career hiring.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/08/scandal_puts_spotlight_on_christian_law_school/?page=2

AHHAHAHhhahahahahhahhaha .... figures....

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Hold up Bubba... Wait one second....  Goodling is only 33, was the 3rd highest ranking person at the Justice Department, had never worked as a prosecutor and was in charge of overseeing the job performace of all 93 US Attorneys and you think Bill Maher shouldn't give up his day job for bringing light to her and other graduates of Pat Robertson's University being given fastrack in the Bush Administration... GOOD FUCKING GOD, GIVE ME A BREAK, TELL ME YOU'RE NOT ACUTALLY SERIOUS WITH YOURSELF???

shut up loser....I am happy to see you post a stat for the first time ever. And I am glad you turn to a comedian as your news source. Who is your other? John stewart?
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
shut up loser....I am happy to see you post a stat for the first time ever. And I am glad you turn to a comedian as your news source. Who is your other? John stewart?
I'm talking to Beach so shut the fuck up boy.  First time i've posted a stat ::)  Oh Brother... Like you would know you freaking noob ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I'm talking to Beach so shut the fuck up boy.  First time i've posted a stat ::)  Oh Brother... Like you would know you freaking noob ::)

you shut up bitch....didn't your leader Enigma tell you to ignore me anyway...don't be a bad girl beserker
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hold up Bubba... Wait one second....  Goodling is only 33, was the 3rd highest ranking person at the Justice Department, had never worked as a prosecutor and was in charge of overseeing the job performace of all 93 US Attorneys and you think Bill Maher shouldn't give up his day job for bringing light to her and other graduates of Pat Robertson's University being given fastrack in the Bush Administration... GOOD FUCKING GOD, GIVE ME A BREAK, TELL ME YOU'RE NOT ACUTALLY SERIOUS WITH YOURSELF???

Beach Bum isn't an intelligent man.  He doesn't read much that isn't about homosexuality or racial tensions.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
You're reaching a fine line in some of these threads MM69... a little jabbing is fine, but at times it looks like your only purpose is to sabatoge thread by starting fights.  That crap won't work for very long, I promise you that ;)  If you're hell bent on destroying debate in this forum, I will end that quickly.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
You're reaching a fine line in some of these threads MM69... a little jabbing is fine, but at times it looks like your only purpose is to sabatoge thread by starting fights.  That crap won't work for very long, I promise you that ;)  If you're hell bent on destroying debate in this forum, I will end that quickly.

oh no! big bad beserker is mad....hmmm, guess I am supposed to take it but can't dish it out? How many threads (other than with you and Jag) am I giving the appearance of starting fights? I admit I do it with you 2 losers. Everyone else I am just fooling with
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

oh no! big bad beserker is mad....hmmm, guess I am supposed to take it but can't dish it out? How many threads (other than with you and Jag) am I giving the appearance of starting fights? I admit I do it with you 2 losers. Everyone else I am just fooling with
I didn't say that idiot ::)  Read and comprehend exactly what I said.  The last several encounters I've had with you seemed that your only purpose was to derail the thread.  This a couple days after I had to whack your very own nappy headed hoe meltdown.  You can get away with a lot in this forum and that's fine, I like it that way, I'm just saying, if it crosses over into your only purpose being to sabotage people's threads over contributing to the debate with some valid point, there's going to be a problem.  I just said you're getting close.  I'm not mad, I don't want anyone doing that kind of Bullshit to a large degree.  You're not singled out here, you're just starting to stick out...  Call me what you want, jab some, I'll jab back, but overall, have a goddamed point if you're doing it all the time.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I didn't say that idiot ::)  Read and comprehend exactly what I said.  The last several encounters I've had with you seemed that your only purpose was to derail the thread.  This a couple days after I had to whack your very own nappy headed hoe meltdown.  You can get away with a lot in this forum and that's fine, I like it that way, I'm just saying, if it crosses over into your only purpose being to sabotage people's threads over contributing to the debate with some valid point, there's going to be a problem.  I just said you're getting close.  I'm not mad, I don't want anyone doing that kind of Bullshit to a large degree.  You're not singled out here, you're just starting to stick out...  Call me what you want, jab some, I'll jab back, but overall, have a goddamed point if you're doing it all the time.

No problem. If you pay attention I debate all day, I really only am a punk when it is you and Jag
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
No problem. If you pay attention I debate all day, I really only am a punk when it is you and Jag
uh huh, and if you're going to pick out a certain person in an attempt to sabatoge all their threads that's going to be the same problem...  If someone is going to do that to you, I will also have a problem with that.  Again, I'm not saying you can't be a punk with me, I can take it.  I just started to notice the line getting close with it looking like your intent was to only sabatoge threads. That's a nono in my book.  If you're only doing it to jag and my threads, you'll understand why I noticed. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
uh huh, and if you're going to pick out a certain person in an attempt to sabatoge all their threads that's going to be the same problem...  If someone is going to do that to you, I will also have a problem with that.  Again, I'm not saying you can't be a punk with me, I can take it.  I just started to notice the line getting close with it looking like your intent was to only sabatoge threads. That's a nono in my book.  If you're only doing it to jag and my threads, you'll understand why I noticed. 

didn't see you say anything to this guy:

"I say we IGNORE mm69..........he's proved himself completely USELESS on any conversation relating to war.

I will MUTE mm69 from this day forward. The rest of us on this board should follow suit.

Why converse w/ a delusional, douchebag??
"

or now that every post he comes back with mute??? guess this doesn't apply to him...yeah and I'm not being sibgled out
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV

I love that!! Keep feeding the ego bitches. Sad that you can't handle the other side of the story. Someone points out your hypocrisy and guess what...blamo
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
240 is Back
Getbig V

Save $5 NEW Phil Heath DVD www.PhilHeathDvd.com

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: militarymuscle69 on: March 23, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i admit i was wrong on the guard issue, i'm just having fun with ya dude.  i don't claim to know everything about the military, and I thank you for the job youre doing there.   
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV

YES!!! How many times can I get you to do it...

240, I really don't think that this regent thing is a big deal
gotta love life

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
LOL @ the pic 240!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
LOL @ the pic 240!!!

I tolerate his inaccuracies, but the racism is ugly and could ruin this place.

Enigma had a great idea about muting him.

Use of the mute to quote him is an effective way to deter him from the racist, mean stuff.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV

Use of the mute to quote him is an effective way to deter him from the racist, mean stuff.

I'm no racist fool, and just trying to keep up with your run at inaccuracies...maybe you could list mine? I bet you start with canada's oil of which I only spoke of one time....so quote some more..
gotta love life

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

I agree, and at the risk of being all Hallmark cardish it is very nice to see you so dissaproving of his racism.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
didn't see you say anything to this guy:

"I say we IGNORE mm69..........he's proved himself completely USELESS on any conversation relating to war.

I will MUTE mm69 from this day forward. The rest of us on this board should follow suit.

Why converse w/ a delusional, douchebag??
"

or now that every post he comes back with mute??? guess this doesn't apply to him...yeah and I'm not being sibgled out
Really!!!!!!!!  Is he following your every thread contributing nothing but attacks that have no political point and thus sabatoging everything you post?  Or is it you didn't understand a fucking thing I just said to you ::)  who cares if he mutes you, big freaking deal.  hmmmmm... lets see, nobody has report him... WHY IS THAT! Yet you keep sticking out with your gomer antics and you're crying about being singled out?  No bubba, you're not being singled out, you're sticking out, that's your choice!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm no racist fool, and just trying to keep up with your run at inaccuracies...maybe you could list mine? I bet you start with canada's oil of which I only spoke of one time....so quote some more..
LOL... yea, task him to find the racist posts of yours that I deleted ::)  Real smooth bubba ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
LOL... yea, task him to find the racist posts of yours that I deleted ::)  Real smooth bubba ::)

no one can find anywhere that I directed any racism towards anyone....
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
no one can find anywhere that I directed any racism towards anyone....
yea, after the comments were deleted!  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
yea, after the comments were deleted!  ::)

Oh I am sure everyone would remember, find one person that I directed a racist comment at, just one. because making a FACT based statement (I know you aren't familiar with those) about it being more likely that a black man was the shooter, is alot different than directing a racist term at someone. If I had directed the N word at someone I would apologize but it never happened.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Oh I am sure everyone would remember, find one person that I directed a racist comment at, just one. because making a FACT based statement (I know you aren't familiar with those) about it being more likely that a black man was the shooter, is alot different than directing a racist term at someone. If I had directed the N word at someone I would apologize but it never happened.
If you're so sure of yourself, get Ron to look at the posts of yours I deleted the other day ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
what is so racist about blaming the shooting on a black guy anyway, I mean lets crunch the numbers. from 1974-2004, blacks committed 56% of all gun related homicides

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

so the numbers were in my favor, I was wrong, it ended up being a mexican, but we all knew it wasn't a white guy right?