Author Topic: Anyone on here like rugby?  (Read 10258 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Anyone on here like rugby?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »
There are enough untalented New Zealanders in Ireland making money because of their accents, we don't need another one  :P

Where you playing for Galwegians then?  I live in Ulster...haven't played much rugby recently due to a back injury.

Yep Galwegians were who I was with, I met this guy on the piss and as soon as I said I was from NZ he said I gotta play in his rugby team.... so I turned up and expected a light social run around but it was a bit more than that  :o Your right about the untalented NZr's..... I watch Christian Cullen and its almost a disgrace  :( He's a shadow of what he used to be.

I met E.T last Wednesday at Syd Airport, I was comming home and he was flying out.. I walked up to him and said "E.T..You're a legend, I'm a big fan" and he responded.. "sheesh thanks buddy, I thought for a second you were a prop I played against, you had me worried when you came up"..

Haha E.T.'s a cool dude, you coulda taken him AV  8) You shudda claimed to be Blocka Roach  ;D

Your post was so unfunny I  just puked.

ta ta

If it would please you I will start a thread about the Nigerian soccer team in the shower with only one cake of soap.....
P

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 12:58:11 PM »
Yep Galwegians were who I was with, I met this guy on the piss and as soon as I said I was from NZ he said I gotta play in his rugby team.... so I turned up and expected a light social run around but it was a bit more than that  :o Your right about the untalented NZr's..... I watch Christian Cullen and its almost a disgrace  :( He's a shadow of what he used to be.

Did you play against Dungannon or any of the Ulster teams, Ballymena or Belfast Harlequins?  I know a few people who play for those teams.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »
Did you play against Dungannon or any of the Ulster teams, Ballymena or Belfast Harlequins?  I know a few people who play for those teams.

I only played one game and had about 3,000 practices  ;D Had 2 games called off due to extreme weather (hail and snow, if it were in NZ we still would have played  8)) Just played a fairly local team, not even sure who they were....
P

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 01:53:34 PM »
I only played one game and had about 3,000 practices  ;D Had 2 games called off due to extreme weather (hail and snow, if it were in NZ we still would have played  8)) Just played a fairly local team, not even sure who they were....

OK  :D

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »

If it would please you I will start a thread about the Nigerian soccer team in the shower with only one cake of soap.....

keep your fantasies out of this please

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
Played in Scotland and currently play for the City of Portland, Oregon, USA

AVBG

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »
All Blacks -v- Wallabies this weekend  8) NZMM wanna wager on the result? PM me!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »
Didn't the Blacks just play South Africa? Didn't catch it...

Blacks have a REALLY strong team this year.

AVBG

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »
Didn't the Blacks just play South Africa? Didn't catch it...

Blacks have a REALLY strong team this year.

Wallabies just played Springboks in South Africa and only just lost, this weekend's fixture will be a good test, and yes All Blacks are make or break this year (world cup year). 8)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »
All Blacks -v- Wallabies this weekend  8) NZMM wanna wager on the result? PM me!

All Blacks vs South Africa this weekend........ the Aussies have to wait to get their ass whuppin  8)
P

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 03:27:11 PM »
I played in college...still a little vague on the rules, but know lots of Rugby songs

My father's a carpenter

Ass to your partner

etc etc
X

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »
I met E.T last Wednesday at Syd Airport, I was comming home and he was flying out.. I walked up to him and said "E.T..You're a legend, I'm a big fan" and he responded.. "sheesh thanks buddy, I thought for a second you were a prop I played against, you had me worried when you came up"..

I understand his comment being a one of those prop bastards myself.... he should worry, he's done damage in his days, I'm sure there are some pissed off bloaks that wouldn't mind finding him alone in a dark alley.

BTW...who won the game this last weekend? I didn't catch it...

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »
i only played rugby so i could touch my fellow teamates genitlas from my executive position of second row forward.....great times, rugby is a mentality and not just a sport, tho watching club rugby as a apposed to international rugby isnt the same thing, club rugby can be pretty poor standard especially in england, exceptions for rugby league as thats 100 hundred miles an hour adrenaline

ahaha there's some characters on here...

In rugby all I have to support are the Salford reds, I'm not much of a glory seeker like you bitches!

Played this shit all the way through school with many guys which are now pros for st helens, wigan and bradford.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »
ahaha there's some characters on here...

In rugby all I have to support are the Salford reds, I'm not much of a glory seeker like you bitches!

Played this shit all the way through school with many guys which are now pros for st helens, wigan and bradford.

Yeah sure you did. You'd get fucking murdered lol

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 01:40:14 AM »
Yeah sure you did. You'd get fucking murdered lol

OK... ::)

Where've yah been? Servicing pakis?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 06:28:36 AM »
Great game ;D.This year is our year.
Results so far in the tri nations

All Blacks 26-21 over the Boks in durban,was looking like the Boks had us at 21-9 but the ABs starting moving the ball around and taking quick lineouts ,ran the bigger and less agile Bok pack off their feet and totally dominated the last 20 mins.Great win because the last 3/4 years we have struggled over there.

Australia 20-15 over the ABs in melbourne.1 week later .Not enough time to recover from the hell game a week earlier.We looked like we were cruising at 15-6 up but the boys ran out of steam.Stirling Mortlock carved up our makeshift midfield(mauger and macallister at 13 missed a lot of tackles )Mortlock set up the winning try which annoyed me.The Wallabies are a dangerous team,maybe we made the mistake of underestimating how good they are.Gregan and Larkham still have it and will hurt any team.I think the Aussie scrum still sucks but the ref was strange.Gregan is a master at duping the ref.Not putting the ball in while his team is getting pushed back at engagement is a freekick but the ref was in his pocket.

ABs 33 Bok b team 6.
Actually was a crap game until last 15 mins where the Abs ran in 3 tries.Our backline dropped a lot of pill,was frustrating to watch.Jake White resting the top 20 players makes a mockery of test rugby,but his b team sure know how to tackle.The defense of the Boks was very hard to break until Henry brought on fresh legs.I think our forward pack is very strong apart from the odd shonky lineout.Our loosies are awesome,our scrum is the best,but the rotation policy is hurting the cohesiveness of our backline.We are favourites for the World Cup and so it should be.But the Boks and Aussies can beat us.

Tommorow the Wallabies come to eden park where the Abs havent lost at home since 2003 and havent lost at eden park since 1994.

My prediction
PAIN. ;D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »
the Last Tri-Nations game is this today correct? (Saturday your time) Australia vs. Blacks right?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »
I started watching the All Blacks a few months ago. Definitely a cool sport.

The haka is awesome.

AVBG

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »
I started watching the All Blacks a few months ago. Definitely a cool sport.

The haka is awesome.

tonight (local Aus time) Aus v NZ in NZ at a ground Aus has not won in 21 years!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »
tonight (local Aus time) Aus v NZ in NZ at a ground Aus has not won in 21 years!

You guys tried hard, but come on man........... All Blacks are untouchable at home!!!
P

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2007, 05:12:01 AM »
Played one year for my college...used to be d4. now i think we're close to being in d1. 

one of the best sports there is to play because there's so much focus on working together. no way will one man score by himself without everyone else taking a hit. i've always wanted to follow it but i don't know too much about rugby leagues. anyone else?

Rugby League is the best spectator sport in the world in my opinion, just none stop action for 80 minutes, fighting, big hits, who could want more. Im lucky enough (or unlucky whichever way you look at it, its a sh ithole around here  :)), to live right in the middle of manchester and liverpool which means saints, wigan, warrington, widnes all within a 10-15 minute drive

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 04:17:18 AM »
Yeah League rocks.I remember Chariots Offiah,a speed machine.Quickest thing on a footy field that i have seen.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 02:05:32 PM »
I use to to play it, great sport. Does Rugby remind anyone of playing smeer the queer?
D

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2007, 07:28:10 AM »
Yeah League rocks.I remember Chariots Offiah,a speed machine.Quickest thing on a footy field that i have seen.

Yes - i was a widnes season ticket holder when offiah was at his quickest - gotta be one of the quickest none track athletes ever. Couldnt tackle for toffee though !!  :-\. Great days, I was there when we beat Canberra at Old trafford in front of 40,000 people, a far cry from where Widnes are today unfortunately !!  :'(