Author Topic: Strongest bodybuilder alive???  (Read 12214 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Strongest bodybuilder alive???
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »
are you forgetting coleman 160 dumbell presses..
315 militay presses for 12
405 inclinne barbell presses
200 dumbell row700 behind the back shrugs
.. these i have seen on video
what have we seen so far from johnie on video..
495 deadlift 405 barbell rows...
and his form is worst than ronnies..
put it this way i read in an article with johnie and branch chest workot he wast struggling to get 6 reps with 160
coleman shoulder press those...
take all the excersises.. it is no contest what so ever...
and i have yet to see johnie move any weight to colemans.. on video.... yet to see it..
branch destroyed him on chest..
jaymoore deadlifted more than him on back on brto 2004..
all i keep hearin is how strong this guy is i am yet to see it with me eyes..i have watched 4 videos with him now...

i agree, Jonnie's strength is overrated but he did do 11-12 decent reps with 315 on the incline on BFTO 05 training chest with Branch, there was another video of him and Branch in Kuwait where Branch does something like 15 with 405 on the flat bench and Jonnie does something like 8 but they also both do 405 on the incline for a few reps, no one i've seen has demonstrated the ALL AROUND strength of Coleman though.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 09:30:43 PM »
The only guy comprable to Coleman in strength has been Yates....although most people do not understand just how strong Yates was due to his extremely strict form. In the offseason of 92, Yates was shoulder pressing 150lb dumbells like peanuts, benching over 500lbs, calf raises with 1400lbs, barbell rowing 475 (With Coleman's form this may be closer to 550), and on. Yates used to barbell squat well in excess of 600lbs before he decided to not use that movement anymore. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 09:40:01 PM »
The juiced to the gills bodybuilders don't impress me. Those WSM guys, walking around with a right ungodly beer gut and  33.333333% bodyfat do.

Epic physique goals.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
The only guy comprable to Coleman in strength has been Yates....although most people do not understand just how strong Yates was due to his extremely strict form. In the offseason of 92, Yates was shoulder pressing 150lb dumbells like peanuts, benching over 500lbs, calf raises with 1400lbs, barbell rowing 475 (With Coleman's form this may be closer to 550), and on. Yates used to barbell squat well in excess of 600lbs before he decided to not use that movement anymore. 

Agreed, I always thought Ytes was the strongest bodybuilder ever.  The absolutely perfect form he exerted on every rep is why he is far and above anyone in terms of bodybuilding strength.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 05:07:03 AM »
What about Greg Kovacs? Given we stretch any definition we have of "bodybuilding" to include him in it.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 05:10:46 AM »
Levrone did 495 easier than JOJ did 405.

no bber beats levrone on presses.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 07:33:14 AM »
In the february 2004 flex europe edition
it has coleman squatting 9 plates (it looks real)
and I quote
"Four weeks before the 2003 Olympia, Ronnie Coleman squatted 855 pounds. Thats the kind of drive that takes home Sandow statuettes."
end quote
choice is an illusion

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 07:35:30 AM »
uh, no he didn't. he squatted 800 even not to parallel about 6-8 weeks out. JoJ did his lifts in sanctioned PL competitions, ronnie did them in the gym. JoJ pulled 814 without straps 3 weeks out of the 2001 nationals at a meet weighing about 50 pounds less than ronnie.

in a PL competition, JoJ wins in straight numbers and especially if you use bodyweight coefficients. ronnie is far and away the better bodybuilder. let it be.
[/quote]

Man, that must be some good crack that you have been smoking...  Ronnie's fucking hamstrings practically touched his fucking calves and he was about 3 weeks out...  and he pulled 805 lbs off the floor for a double(i know he was wearing straps but that is still impressive).  if you think that Johnny is stronger then you are just crazeeeeeeeeeee!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
i am looking at the pic now of coleman squattin 9 plates .. looks autentic... feb 2004 flex
choice is an illusion

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 07:43:34 AM »
uh, no he didn't. he squatted 800 even not to parallel about 6-8 weeks out. JoJ did his lifts in sanctioned PL competitions, ronnie did them in the gym. JoJ pulled 814 without straps 3 weeks out of the 2001 nationals at a meet weighing about 50 pounds less than ronnie.

in a PL competition, JoJ wins in straight numbers and especially if you use bodyweight coefficients. ronnie is far and away the better bodybuilder. let it be.

Man, that must be some good crack that you have been smoking...  Ronnie's fucking hamstrings practically touched his fucking calves and he was about 3 weeks out...  and he pulled 805 lbs off the floor for a double(i know he was wearing straps but that is still impressive).  if you think that Johnny is stronger then you are just crazeeeeeeeeeee!
exactly, it always makes me laugh when people say that the 800 that Coleman did for 2 on COR was a half squat, hahahahahahaha, he was at least an inch below parallel on those reps.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 08:21:21 AM »
exactly, it always makes me laugh when people say that the 800 that Coleman did for 2 on COR was a half squat, hahahahahahaha, he was at least an inch below parallel on those reps.

He was far from an inch below parallel.  He was slightly above parallel, but the lift was very impressive.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 08:23:24 AM »
He was far from an inch below parallel.  He was slightly above parallel, but the lift was very impressive.
bullshit, i've slowed that DVD down and watched it many times at one eighth speed and paused it at the bottom and he's below parallel.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 08:25:39 AM »
Well, if you want to talk about ex-Bodybuilders, Gary Taylor comes to mind.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »

::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
i dunno..
if u are the strongest bodybuilder in the world at least in your video you would do some kind of feat to support that claim so far what i i have seen of johnnny.. doest even suggest he is the strongers bb in his gym.. because from what i have seen branch.. and jay moore  have moved more weight than him.
he wasnt even close to branch in the chest sessions i have seen them both do...
choice is an illusion

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »
Are there any other bodybuilders who have done a powerlifting meet? 

Even if they aren't pros?  Isn't there a powerlifter who posts here who does bodybuilding shows?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »

Even if they aren't pros?  Isn't there a powerlifter who posts here who does bodybuilding shows?
Billy Mimnaugh posts here and he's done fairly well at both but he's not at the level that JOJ is in bodybuilding.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
Rory Leidelmeyer

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 09:58:21 AM »

Gary Taylor, completed in Olympic lifting, power lifting and bodybuilding...I read he came second to Dorian at one of the British Championship.  More famously know for winning World's Strongest Man.  Glenn Ross has won some Irish Bodybuilding competition as well...

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 02:20:17 PM »
Gary Taylor, completed in Olympic lifting, power lifting and bodybuilding...I read he came second to Dorian at one of the British Championship.  More famously know for winning World's Strongest Man.  Glenn Ross has won some Irish Bodybuilding competition as well...
You are joking about Glenn Ross right?

body88

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
The juiced to the gills bodybuilders don't impress me. Those WSM guys, walking around with a right ungodly beer gut and  33.333333% bodyfat do.

affy

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »
that was some weak ass bench (compared to the stronger bodybuilders of course)

but you cant deny that JOJ has some of the best pecs in bodybuilding today.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »
bullshit, i've slowed that DVD down and watched it many times at one eighth speed and paused it at the bottom and he's below parallel.

Really?  Why not post a clip which is paused to prove your point?
w

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »

Yes, I watch strongman when it comes on...

He is more the exception than the rule.
TEAM REPTILIAN

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »
i am looking at the pic now of coleman squattin 9 plates .. looks autentic... feb 2004 flex

totally fake.

look at the plates again - you can see a difference in the fake vs. real ones.

or look at it like this, in ronnie's vid he squats 800 a few weeks before the olympia with a squat suit.

in the photo shoot he is doing 855 with no squat suit, spotters, and much closer or sooner from a contest.

dont think so.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)