Author Topic: Used Cars or New Cars?  (Read 9331 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Used Cars or New Cars?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:27 AM »
Cripes, that's what I'm paying now, ...and mine is energy efficient.

The issues I have with the older homes is also the older infrastructure that supports them.

I'm not fond of the idea of lead pipes, ...not to mention all the other unpleasant surprises that comes with them. Up here, you can't even make changes to your own property if your home is designated a "heritage home". Someone else decides what if any renovations, additions, etc you are allowed to make to it, or even what colour you can paint it. No thanks. Gove me a modern home with modern features and amenities, as well as natural gas heating instead of electric or steam radiators.
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
yeah, i hate living in my fake house.  :'( :'( :'(
lol
S

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
Cripes, that's what I'm paying now, ...and mine is energy efficient.

The issues I have with the older homes is also the older infrastructure that supports them.

I'm not fond of the idea of lead pipes, ...not to mention all the other unpleasant surprises that comes with them. Up here, you can't even make changes to your own property if your home is designated a "heritage home". Someone else decides what if any renovations, additions, etc you are allowed to make to it, or even what colour you can paint it. No thanks. Gove me a modern home with modern features and amenities, as well as natural gas heating instead of electric or steam radiators.

Lead pipes are serious Biz, anyone w/ a older place needs that checked.
SO Canada has no personal property rights anymore also? I thought only US liberals decided what shrubs and siding and paint their neighbors can have ;).

I got by w/ about 1000gal of LP last yr At $1.45 gal. 2200 sq ft home. I almost never keep it below 72 degrees in winter, if its real cold and windy I turn it down and burn more wood till the weather breaks a bit. It's pointless fighting a 40mph wind at 0 degrees F.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 06:23:35 AM »
That also all depends, my friend. Older cars/trucks will also have higher wear and tear not to mention high kilometers. I know people that are constantly in and out of garages/dealerships dropping money to fix and repair thier vehicles and the costs add up bigtime.

PB

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 06:51:09 AM »
Yeah, and these new rides aint cheap to fix. If ya can find the stuff that just fresh trade for new your ok, but there's still the chance of buying problems. Buy new, and run it to death is often the cheapest for
basic Mc Transpo type rides.  Ego/Image sheet metal's another matter alltogether.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
I buy cars at repo auctions for cheap.Ill drive them for awhile then sell them and make a Little money or break even depending on how long I kept them.never gets boring ,I'm always driving something different.
DAWG