Author Topic: FARMER'S WALK EQUIPMENT?!  (Read 2095 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
FARMER'S WALK EQUIPMENT?!
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:46:38 AM »
Where are you guys getting your farmer's walk equipment or are you having to make it? It would be fun to practice it but all we have in the gym is 125lb dumbbells.  :-\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: FARMER'S WALK EQUIPMENT?!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:39:06 AM »

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:43:45 AM »
http://newyorkbarbells.com/0410.html

SWEET! Thanks man. I can just add on plates to that accordingly huh?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 07:49:37 AM »
Made some out of iron plumbing parts. They work just fine and all you have to do is screw them together. Another idea is to use long bolts to connect a 1 1/4" pipe (handle length) to a 2" pipe (5' long) in an over under configuration. Both of these will cost less than $50 a pair and you can get the parts at any hardware store so you will have them to use in minutes. Cant beat that! If you dont want to build them then there are plenty of over priced companys out there willing to charge you $150 to ship them!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 08:09:06 AM »
i've always looked at gym equipment as a lifetime investment, when you think about the use you get out of well made equipment 150-250 bucks is peanuts.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:49:44 PM »
i've always looked at gym equipment as a lifetime investment, when you think about the use you get out of well made equipment 150-250 bucks is peanuts.

Very true! If you can afford quality stuff then go for it. I am not a millionaire 600lb bencher like everyone else here so I make due. I also just kind of like making my own things (platforms, weight sleds, yoke....). One day I will buy my own but until then I will use other peoples and make my own. The ones we used at my comp were made of steel beams from a construction site and they were pretty nice.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 04:29:44 PM »
Very true! If you can afford quality stuff then go for it. I am not a millionaire 600lb bencher like everyone else here so I make due. I also just kind of like making my own things (platforms, weight sleds, yoke....). One day I will buy my own but until then I will use other peoples and make my own. The ones we used at my comp were made of steel beams from a construction site and they were pretty nice.
yeah it's crazy but the majority of strongman equipment i've seen is stuff that was just rigged together but worked just fine for what it was needed for.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 12:23:22 AM »
Shoot me a P.M.  My friend started his own business making yokes, farmers walk bars, deadlift jacks etc.  Great quality and affordable.  I will give you the number.