Author Topic: damn Sopranos  (Read 10107 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: damn Sopranos
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »
David Chase called me as soon as the Ep ended and asked me how I liked the finale. I hung up on him.

It all happened in a split second. He may have even been standing in the little hall for the bathroom. Or, she may not have even seen him. Its really a moot point. Rewatch the end scene on in demand, the way it is cut abnormally, the lack of sound, the obvious buildup. Then remember Bobby and Tony's convo...  all too easy.

That's one thing. theyv'e never gone with that in the history of the show.

2  Bullshit, dude.  EVERY time someone has gotten whacked on the show it's been brazen,  right in the back of the head from two feet away. This one time the guy is hiding under a table?

Meadow would have seen him.

EDIT  You do make a very good observation though, I'm just thinking that there will be a movie so they ain't killin him.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
so when Chase does his ode to the Godfather on the big screen you will come here and confess your Douchebaggery Alpine ?

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »
That's one thing. theyv'e never gone with that in the history of the show.

2  Bullshit, dude.  EVERY time someone has gotten whacked on the show it's been brazen,  right in the back of the head from two feet away. This one time the guy is hiding under a table?

Meadow would have seen him.

Im sure Meadow would have seen the second his fucking head blew up. She may not have seen a raised hand of the man a few feet away. A gun shot would be a split second. If she would have gasped and screamed it would have been TOO OBVIOUS. Your fucking thinking process is slow...

The last scene was HER walking in through Tony's eyes! Its an Ode to the convo about what it would be like to die. How many times have we seen things through Tony's eyes this season (Door shot at the end of the 2nd to last Ep). The complete silence for so long was done on purpose. We got to see what it was like to get shot unsuspectingly from Tony's perspective.

so when Chase does his ode to the Godfather on the big screen you will come here and confess your Douchebaggery Alpine ?

David Chase on a movie:
“It may be that in two or three or four years I could be sitting around and get an idea for a really great ’Sopranos’ movie,” David Chase told The New York Times in a joint interview with James Gandolfini, star of the HBO series. “I don’t think that will happen. But if one morning somebody woke up and said this would make a really good, concise, contained ’Sopranos’ story, I wouldn’t rule that out.”

&

"....I checked in with his longtime manager and producer Brad Grey (who now runs a small Hollywood studio called Paramount) to find out the status of the movie. "He has no plans for it right now. David would have to come up with an idea he'd really love that was interesting enough for him to try to do. He's not there." Nikki Finke @ Deadline Hollywood Daily

All of your feeble minds combined equal roughly 1/3 the processing power of ONE of my frontal lobes. I probably should have saved this theory for a more intellectual movie forum rather than this pit of slack jawed, Cell-Tech jugging morons. I feel like I just beat a group of special Olympic sprinters in a foot race. Why do I waste my time?

of course, this could all be an elaborate troll to stir you dipshit meatheads up.  You be the judge... 

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
Yes you're right, Tony was shot.  He would have seen Meadow come in if he hadn't been.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 08:21:04 PM »
A movie would be cheesey and its not HBO's style. RIP Tony...

HBO has said they will finish off the Deadwood series this way, to air a movie on HBO to finish the series.

Also your reasoning that this is not HBO's style is flawed.  How many dramas have the had that would have even made sense to end on the big screen

Oz- would make no sense / series became ridiculous toward the end
Carnivale - not nearly popular enough
Deadwood - HBO confirmed that they will make a movie to air on HBO
Six Feet Under - everything tied up in last episode
The Wire - still filming a new season / not mainstream enough
Sex and the City - confirmed they are making a big screen movie
Big Love - same reasons as The Wire

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 08:25:07 PM »
HBO blows now really.   They don't have anything worth watching anymore.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 08:29:09 PM »
HBO blows now really.   They don't have anything worth watching anymore.

The Wire is still pretty good.

I hear Avon is coming back this season.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »
Every spoiler I read on various forums was wrong. It's like I always say: assume everything you hear is bullshiit. You'll almost always be right.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »
Im sure Meadow would have seen the second his fucking head blew up. She may not have seen a raised hand of the man a few feet away. A gun shot would be a split second. If she would have gasped and screamed it would have been TOO OBVIOUS. Your fucking thinking process is slow...

The last scene was HER walking in through Tony's eyes! Its an Ode to the convo about what it would be like to die. How many times have we seen things through Tony's eyes this season (Door shot at the end of the 2nd to last Ep). The complete silence for so long was done on purpose. We got to see what it was like to get shot unsuspectingly from Tony's perspective.

David Chase on a movie:
“It may be that in two or three or four years I could be sitting around and get an idea for a really great ’Sopranos’ movie,” David Chase told The New York Times in a joint interview with James Gandolfini, star of the HBO series. “I don’t think that will happen. But if one morning somebody woke up and said this would make a really good, concise, contained ’Sopranos’ story, I wouldn’t rule that out.”

&

"....I checked in with his longtime manager and producer Brad Grey (who now runs a small Hollywood studio called Paramount) to find out the status of the movie. "He has no plans for it right now. David would have to come up with an idea he'd really love that was interesting enough for him to try to do. He's not there." Nikki Finke @ Deadline Hollywood Daily

All of your feeble minds combined equal roughly 1/3 the processing power of ONE of my frontal lobes. I probably should have saved this theory for a more intellectual movie forum rather than this pit of slack jawed, Cell-Tech jugging morons. I feel like I just beat a group of special Olympic sprinters in a foot race. Why do I waste my time?

of course, this could all be an elaborate troll to stir you dipshit meatheads up.  You be the judge... 

what law school alpine?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »

Are you under the impression that you are the only person thinking this?

I went to another website and it's split 50/50.......... half he got killed, half that life goes on, under the constant dread of not knowing if your ticket gets punched next.

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 08:54:43 PM »
what law school alpine?

You've got to be kidding me...

Ive shared too much already.

All I can say is it starts with a R and ends with a ev. Jerry Falwell's Liberty University School of Law

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »
People who think The Soprano's is good TV, still think Hummers are cool, and that Paris Hilton is hot.  

You've all been played for chumps. That show is dreadfull. Sorry.
a

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
it was a good TV series....
L

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
Here is one theory for all you worthless dumb shit meatheads.

It was an ode to what Bobby said while fishing in the boat with Tony. "I bet you don't even hear it when it happens." I think the guy who went in the bathroom got him right as he saw Meadow. The last scene is Meadow walking in (through Tony's view) and then BAM. An abrupt mid-scene cut, no sound. The guy came out of the bathroom to his side and whacked him. He didnt even see it coming. His last vision was Meadow...

It explains the lack of sound. The credits and everything were stripped. The cut was abnormally abrupt, not like a normal end scene.

Half of the people bitching dont even fucking get it...   Sweet IRONY

interesting theory, definitly makes sense

regardless it was a shitty ending and nobody should be happy

I feel ripped off >:(

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
People who think The Soprano's is good TV, still think Hummers are cool, and that Paris Hilton is hot.  

You've all been played for chumps. That show is dreadfull. Sorry.

name a show that is better

E
E

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2007, 09:02:47 PM »

What was your LSAT score?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 09:03:32 PM »
What was your LSAT score?
mine was 183
L

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »
mine was 183

lol, way to go. I rocked a 7 trillion (and I was hung over).

Dont quit your day job. Stick to posting 18 dull messages per minute on GetBig.com for 13 hours a day. 
Also, I just heard your momz calling from upstairs. Your Totino's Pizza Rolls are done.

PM MESSAGE
thisiskeith12 - (No subject)
« Sent to: Alpine on: Today at 02:49:00 PM »

Hey,

How do you know David Chase?

-Keith

lol, you guys never let me down! keep up the good work gang!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
hahaha if he really sent you that this wasn't such a bad night afterall ;D

E
E

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »
TRY IT MAKES PERFECT FUCKING SENSE.

This is why I'm on getbig.. I also change  fucking oil. (lol, ZING)
Fixed!

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »

All I can say is it starts with a R and ends with a ev. Jerry Falwell's Liberty University School of Law

From wikipedia about Liberty University:

"Behavior
The university has a strict code of student behavior, documented in "The Liberty Way", including possible reprimands (and with the accumulation of reprimands, fines) for attending dances, violating curfew, viewing R-rated movies (on or off campus), drinking (or even associating with those drinking alcohol), smoking, viewing sexually explicit material, entering the bedroom of a member of the opposite sex (on or off campus), and participating in unauthorized petitions [2] [3]."

Hahahahahaha, sounds like fun. ;D
Hrmmm

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »
From wikipedia about Liberty University:

"Behavior
The university has a strict code of student behavior, documented in "The Liberty Way", including possible reprimands (and with the accumulation of reprimands, fines) for attending dances, violating curfew, viewing R-rated movies (on or off campus), drinking (or even associating with those drinking alcohol), smoking, viewing sexually explicit material, entering the bedroom of a member of the opposite sex (on or off campus), and participating in unauthorized petitions [2] [3]."

Hahahahahaha, sounds like fun. ;D

So Slow...   Nice work anyway though, Gumshoe. It's the effort that counts.

This thread has become so much more than I ever hoped for!  Thank you all.  I underestimated the (stupidity) membership yet again!

MA$$BUILDER

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 03:24:34 AM »
Alpine, you might want to re-watch it. The last seen goes from Tony's eyes looking at Meadow, then the camera goes back to looking at Tony for a split sec. and finally, black screen.

The ending can be anything that u want it to be the way it is left. I like to think that Chase kept it real by having Tony and the crew (rest left) live on. Also, the ending leaves the possibility to have a movie if Chase wants to. I hope that a movie does come out later. If anything, I will buy all the seasons, and watch from start to finish, agian, throughout next year. The Sopranos is one of the best series ever.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2007, 05:11:13 AM »
No movies. No extra episodes. The series ended the way it should: For a mob boss, its business as usual.

Whether he's dead or not we will never know.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007, 05:49:31 AM »
I like the wire better.
DAWG