Author Topic: PROOF YOU CAN GROW IN A CALORIE DEFECIT!!!!  (Read 29115 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: PROOF YOU CAN GROW IN A CALORIE DEFECIT!!!!
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2007, 08:10:13 AM »
Deadlift..... another useless gym excercise that i no longer do.

please elaborate on your training theories.

thanks

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »
Of course there is no be-all end-all. The point is you don't have to suffer through prep and that we are trying to convince people many of these myths are not true. I will be more then happy to try the carb up again in the future. That was a 12 pound difference and there was no visible change in the pictures.

As I have said, and many others as well, step on stage.  Compare yourself to others.  See how your "non suffering" prep does for you.  You saw no change because you werent not lean enough.  The carb-up is PURELY cosmetic.  Also, there are numerous ways to do it.  Reasearch shitloading for example. 

You say you see striations when you get a pump.  If you were lean enough, the striations should show WITHOUT a pump.  See any in your legs?  How about the vascularity in the lower abs?  Can you see the division in the gastrocs yet?  Pinch your kidney area?  How thick is the skin?  That will tell you if you are lean enough.  How did you guage this 2% body-fat loss you claim?

Pretty much gonna wash my hands of this thread.  Again, until you go through the whole process, and not turn this into a "I look lean enough to pose in mens health" kind of thing, you really dont know what can happen.  The same goes for Adam. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »
bug, you look pretty good and, you're right, better than bulked.

something bugs me though (pardon pun), you have not got a 46inch chest in the 150lb pics, no fucking way and sure as hell not on 24 inch waist. 22 inch differential? sorry bud but that's a damn lie.

you're arms are between 14 and 15 and i'd put money on them being closer to 14 and they sure as shit weren't 19 in your pillsbury dough boy pics. ::)

point i'm making is, why lie?

that's my only issue with guys like you and adam. great that you're asking questions and testing things but then you lie about the results ???

your whole point is that measurements and weight mean nothing and that being leaner makes you look bigger, but when asked about measurements, you make shit up. :-\

the thing that you guys just don't get is that when you get caught out in a lie, especially when it is related to the very thing you're trying to disprove, your credibility goes down the shit chute.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
You realize their whole premise is a lie.

well it certainly appears that way, but i guess i'm a sucker when i see the word 'proof' in the title of a thread.

should have know when i saw that word. you know, like 'proof' of aliens, 'proof' of big foot, 'proof' of anything abeles says. :-[

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
heh, yup...imo, people like Milos or Disgusted have a bit better info  ::)

now come on garraeth, you do realize that you're supposed to weigh less than 200lbs right? ::)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »
I don't really want to get into a pissing match with anyone but I'll make a couple of comments.  First, Buttsuck....good job in achieving the condition your after, you obviously believe in what your doing and your dedication is very good.

second, I'd like to see someone flat out prove that you can build muscle in a calorie deficiet, not say "look I look bigger" cause that really proves nothing.  the only way to do it is to get your LBM checked before and after, if you start off weighing 200lbs with an LBM of 150lbs and end up weighing 170lbs with an LBM of 155lbs on a restricted caloric diet than that would be great but just saying you did it doesn't really add up to me......and no I didn't examine every aspect of the pics posted and go "gosh, his arms do look 1/4 of an inch bigger and his chest looks x% bigger", I just think the lower BF gives the illusion of being bigger by exaggerating your proportions.  I'm not ripping on you that's just an observation.
nasser=piece of shit

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »
I can assure you they are NOT photshopped.

He owns just about everyone with his structure.
he may owns you , thats about it, you crazy fuck

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2007, 09:47:37 AM »
A champion of what ? The one that is too stupid is you my faggoty friend...  Butthole is very lean ..But...That's it.... He was already lean  ... So...what's the difference ? Where's the progress...If he would have gained 7 to 8 pds..While staying lean ....That would have been progress...!

Didn't you say..That you were going to beef up.. while staying under a certain percentage of bodyfat?

Just because ..People don't believe the smelly shit that you spew out of that asshole you call a mouth ..Doesn't mean they are stupid..

You've been caught in so many lies and contradictions...I wouldn't believe you if you had the proof in your hands while in front of me..

You're a fucking fag..That's all I see when I look at your posts and pics..As well as BASTurd,Butthole ans Squab..You're all a bunch of cocksuckers..
100% on point  ;D ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »
You mean you can maintain in a calorie defecit.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:32 AM »

I didn't care for 'Home Alone", but could you do the face?

:D

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
Here is another intresting picture. I tried a carb up to see if it exists. One picture is carbed up and the other is not. I followed layne nortons precise intructions. You guys tell me which picture is carbed up. Yet another bodybuilding myth proven false.
Buttsuck you need to move to Africa you will look like everyone else but white, ha ha ha

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »
now come on garraeth, you do realize that you're supposed to weigh less than 200lbs right? ::)

we are?  damn........ :(

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
As I have said, and many others as well, step on stage.  Compare yourself to others.  See how your "non suffering" prep does for you.  You saw no change because you werent not lean enough.  The carb-up is PURELY cosmetic.  Also, there are numerous ways to do it.  Reasearch shitloading for example. 

You say you see striations when you get a pump.  If you were lean enough, the striations should show WITHOUT a pump.  See any in your legs?  How about the vascularity in the lower abs?  Can you see the division in the gastrocs yet?  Pinch your kidney area?  How thick is the skin?  That will tell you if you are lean enough.  How did you guage this 2% body-fat loss you claim?

Pretty much gonna wash my hands of this thread.  Again, until you go through the whole process, and not turn this into a "I look lean enough to pose in mens health" kind of thing, you really dont know what can happen.  The same goes for Adam. 

You obviously have a good bit of expertise, but I think you and a lot of other subscribers to the conventional BBing wisdom of clean bulking and clean cutting are missing something.  You go on short intense diets and mannage to get to very low levels of subcutaneous BF but you don't diet long enough to lose the IAF and develop the tight waist that someone like buttsuck (why did you pick that name LOL) has.

Now another thing you neglect to consider is that buttsuck is not cutting water in these pics, so you should not attempt to gauge his BF by comparing him with contest prepped individuals who have cut water.

-sS

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
I'd like to see someone flat out prove that you can build muscle in a calorie deficiet,

from my experience. the last 5 months i have 'gained muscle' and 'strength' while being in a calorie deficit which made even bigger by the massive amounts of cardio.

the main thing i can see the actual muscle gain is in calves, i developed and gained muscle i didnt have before. some in my back and shoulders too. this muscle that was not there before. especially in calve area.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
from my experience. the last 5 months i have 'gained muscle' and 'strength' while being in a calorie deficit which made even bigger by the massive amounts of cardio.

the main thing i can see the actual muscle gain is in calves, i developed and gained muscle i didnt have before. some in my back and shoulders too. this muscle that was not there before. especially in calve area.

before and after measurements on your calves?  Are you sure you're just not seeing an improvement in definition?  Lower BF will often create an illusion of bigger muscles simply cause you can see them where before you couldn't.  I've seen guys who look like monsters but were wrestling at 120lbs, not big at all but they looked impressive cause they were ripped.  
nasser=piece of shit

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »
Only thing different is the terrible haircut. Good job at losing a half percent of bodyfat and gaining nothing.

It's kind of cute you think you have your own fat loss method but it really isnt very beneficial.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »
Still sitting at home with nothing better to do then make immature commentary towards me aye rico? I think its time to grow up.
And quit putting oil in your arms*

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
I believe the whole body should be trained as often as possible. Although rest is very important, the body must have constant resistance. Idealy a gravity suit would be best but since this doesn't exist to myu knowledge i train every day of the week. The key is to keep the weight light. I only do bench press with at most 155 pounds but when you are doing that for 100 reps you will get the stimulation you need. Overall a typical workout for chest or arms ends up totaling to be about 510 reps per muscle group. I also no longer do the heavy power lifts (bench is an exception) as they use other muscle groups i feel are not neccesary when i want to isolate a certain muscle. I think deadlifts for the most part are useless.

what leg exercises do you favor?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »
How is it my own? This is how everyone cuts?
Not everyone builds muscle when they cut. ive never heard of it.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
Protien synthesis does not stop in a caloric defecit.
That doesnt stop your muscles being burnt as energy though?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2007, 11:00:26 AM »
Muscle is an inefficient fuel source.
That doesnt keep it from getting burnt.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
There is clear fat loss there. Just look at the waists.  I have also gained muscle. I believe muscle growth is not dependent on calorie intake or protien consumption but frequency of lifting.

You must provide you're body with protein it makes up half of your dry weight in your body. It's been proven that within every six months every protein molecule is broken down and reproduced. When you sweat, protein is lost. When you exercise red blood cells are destroyed. When that happens guess whats used to relace them? Proteins.

Your body is very dependant of proteins.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »
I've actually now started aiming more for a leg pump as opposed to squats. I do leg press and pump it out and then i do single legged leg presses and then leg extensions. My legs do need much work and it is something im going to have to play around with. I will probably start training them every other day if neccesary to get them to catch up.

try one legged: squats, deadlifts, leg raises in all directions (with an ankle weight as you get stronger)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2007, 11:18:51 AM »
Muscle is an inefficient fuel source.

so if you're in a caloric deficiet I take it you're body is gonna use 100% of the calories it takes in for maintinance and continuing your daily bodily functions, next if you use your theories you'll burn BF to take care of the rest of your energy requirements.....where's the fuel coming from to build muscle? 
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »
so if you're in a caloric deficiet I take it you're body is gonna use 100% of the calories it takes in for maintinance and continuing your daily bodily functions, next if you use your theories you'll burn BF to take care of the rest of your energy requirements.....where's the fuel coming from to build muscle? 

BODYFAT!!!! AND THE CALORIES YOU DO COnsume.  Considering that we're talking about gaining 2-4lbs of muscle per year on a day to day basis it really isn't that much.