Author Topic: Lifting thread  (Read 15472 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Lifting thread
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
good job man.what do you weigh?

210-215lbs
Hahaha ,I'm gonna post a pic on the y this weekend when my girlfriend shows me how ;D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »
210-215lbs
Hahaha ,I'm gonna post a pic on the y this weekend when my girlfriend shows me how ;D
365 is damn good weight for a 210lbs.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
365 is damn good weight for a 210lbs.

Thanks man

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:15 AM »
Fucked up getting 375 for flat bench tonight >:(
got up 355 and figured for sure i was getting 375 but i pushed the bar up too far up over my neck and head and ended up needing a spot.
my partner thinks that if i brought it up correct i would of had it.
Damn!

Good for you man.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
Good for you man.

Thanks,but it would of been better if i got it.
how long do you wait in between trying to max out?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
damn good lifting Calvin, strong guy.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
Thanks,but it would of been better if i got it.
how long do you wait in between trying to max out?
IMO It depends on what type of program you are working at. I tend to get down to 1-3 reps on something like bench pressing almost every workout lately since I am working to move my strength levels up. With my schedual if I did it on a Monday I would not hit it again until Sunday. That seems to be more then enough time for everything to get back to normal (soreness/CNS/ect). I think for most people (younger) you could get that down to about 3 days. Much quicker then that and I don't think you can recover enough to progress.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:02 AM »
IMO It depends on what type of program you are working at. I tend to get down to 1-3 reps on something like bench pressing almost every workout lately since I am working to move my strength levels up. With my schedual if I did it on a Monday I would not hit it again until Sunday. That seems to be more then enough time for everything to get back to normal (soreness/CNS/ect). I think for most people (younger) you could get that down to about 3 days. Much quicker then that and I don't think you can recover enough to progress.

it's also easier to recover from bench maxing than, say, squat/pull maxing. i've been doing a lot of doubles and singles lately and while my bench is doing fine, my squat and pull aren't so i'm taking a few weeks of just triples without a belt.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
it's also easier to recover from bench maxing than, say, squat/pull maxing. i've been doing a lot of doubles and singles lately and while my bench is doing fine, my squat and pull aren't so i'm taking a few weeks of just triples without a belt.
Not sure if I agree with you. I think all out effort no matter big or small muscle group recovery is about the same. It just feels worse when your whole back/shoulders/traps/forearms/ect are sore from deads as opposed to just chest/shoulders/tri's. Legs for me always kill me regardless.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
Not sure if I agree with you. I think all out effort no matter big or small muscle group recovery is about the same. It just feels worse when your whole back/shoulders/traps/forearms/ect are sore from deads as opposed to just chest/shoulders/tri's. Legs for me always kill me regardless.

it's a CNS thing, not just muscular recovery. i never get sore any more except when i'm hammering out a particular muscular imbalance (lagging shoulders now  >:( ), but you burn out hard if you're pulling heavy singles week after week unless your recovery is particularly efficient and you eat/sleep a lot. i could pull all day long when i was eating like a horse and didn't mind my 40" waist, but these days i have to take some deload time even though my bench is doing fine.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »
it's a CNS thing, not just muscular recovery. i never get sore any more except when i'm hammering out a particular muscular imbalance (lagging shoulders now  >:( ), but you burn out hard if you're pulling heavy singles week after week unless your recovery is particularly efficient and you eat/sleep a lot. i could pull all day long when i was eating like a horse and didn't mind my 40" waist, but these days i have to take some deload time even though my bench is doing fine.

No I agree I was talking whole recovery package. I agree you can't keep doing it week after week, I was thinking from the start we were talking about a cycle. 8-12 weeks progressing followed by some down time and lighter lifting for a couple of weeks before starting over. I do think you can get your body to change if you keep working at a consistent level and push yourself but you do reach a point of burn out. Even sleep and food do not seem for me to break the cycle of feeling worn.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »
No I agree I was talking whole recovery package. I agree you can't keep doing it week after week, I was thinking from the start we were talking about a cycle. 8-12 weeks progressing followed by some down time and lighter lifting for a couple of weeks before starting over. I do think you can get your body to change if you keep working at a consistent level and push yourself but you do reach a point of burn out. Even sleep and food do not seem for me to break the cycle of feeling worn.

ah, yeah i agree there. i meant working in the 95% of 1RM area every week will just kill you after a while. especially with dieting, it left me barely able to get 2 reps with what used to be easy warmup.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
Thanks SF.
here's my question guys
I do chest once a week so I wait 3 or 4 workouts before I try for my max.
Do you guys think thats good?
For some reason right or wrong thats the way I thought your suppose to do it.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
Thanks SF.
here's my question guys
I do chest once a week so I wait 3 or 4 workouts before I try for my max.
Do you guys think thats good?
For some reason right or wrong thats the way I thought your suppose to do it.

I have always found sometimes you need to try it on yourself and see if it works for you. If you max then wait a couple of days and come back as strong if not more and can push hard, then keep forcing your body and muscle to do so. If you try it and come back weaker or you feel overtrained or stressed then it does not work. You really can't take what works for person A and fit it to person B, only concepts and ideas can be adapted and tried. Plus whats the harm if you try and nothing happens..you just learned what does not work and know not to do it and try something different.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
wtf guy!.how dare you have a tread without calling eachother gay 38 times ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2007, 05:41:06 AM »
wtf guy!.how dare you have a tread without calling eachother gay 38 times ;D
Oh Brother SS I bet you are the type of guy...ahhh for a second there I thought this was the V again... ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 07:25:38 AM »
Finally getting a solid week of lifting in.
mon-legs
tue-chest
wed-back/tris
thur-shoulders/traps
fri-bis/light tris
sat/sun-off

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:35 AM »
Finally getting a solid week of lifting in.
mon-legs
tue-chest
wed-back/tris
thur-shoulders/traps
fri-bis/light tris
sat/sun-off

You must be young... ;D Are your tri's a problem area, you work them Tue(w/chest)/Wed/Fri?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »
My arms suck in general :-[
No real definition to them.i'm trying all kinds of different routines to shock them.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:25 AM »
My arms suck in general :-[
No real definition to them.i'm trying all kinds of different routines to shock them.

Just keep in mind that they like everything need time to recover. Better to have one good workout where you feel and squeeze the muscle thru you're reps then to just do something for the sake of doing more. Find a couple of different exersices that work for you and keep nuging the weight up, but keep the form ture...wow that sounds like stupid flex magazine advice..LOL but really it's true.

Are you doing any of the big "3" (close grip benching/dips/skull crushers) ?

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2007, 07:49:56 AM »
Hey guys if you ever need some real good advice don't hesitate to pm me.

Ive been in the game for years, and have a ton of knowledge.

Thanks WJH.
c

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2007, 08:02:46 AM »

Thanks WJH.
Feel free to jump in any time you want..Or how about a ask WJH thread...wait a minute we already have one of those. ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 08:05:37 AM »
Just keep in mind that they like everything need time to recover. Better to have one good workout where you feel and squeeze the muscle thru you're reps then to just do something for the sake of doing more. Find a couple of different exersices that work for you and keep nuging the weight up, but keep the form ture...wow that sounds like stupid flex magazine advice..LOL but really it's true.

Are you doing any of the big "3" (close grip benching/dips/skull crushers) ?

Yup,do all the big 3.my arms are just real hard gainers.I usually wait at least 3 days before
I hit a body part again but I just don't wanna go to the gym and just do bi's :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:35 AM »

Thanks WJH.

Where ya been bro?
it's been awhile ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2007, 08:13:30 AM »
Yup,do all the big 3.my arms are just real hard gainers.I usually wait at least 3 days before
I hit a body part again but I just don't wanna go to the gym and just do bi's :)
Do bi's with Calves or Hams. IMHO arms have much more to do with your bodyweight and body structure that other parts. I have long gorilla arms and it is always a issue to build them. But for me I have found that if I spend more time on back/chest and less on arms my arms tend to get bigger as I go up in weight. Now if we are talking bi peak..I am a genitic loser... ;D