Author Topic: wrist wraps  (Read 2945 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: wrist wraps
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
Glad to see that TWT has discovered the thumbless non grip. Actually some heavy bencher's do not use wrist straps, if their lifting physics are in order. Not even on those 500-600lb plus top position rack lockouts. But than again, some men will experience nerve irritation from the wrist down to the elbows , even with lighter weight, when benching.   Depending too much on wrist supports, for every set, can be a bid habit to get into. Some will apply a heating lotion and light wraps on the wrist area. They find this suitable rather than heavy wraps or straps. Good luck.

It's comfortable! I found myself using it alot on my seated military presses and my closed grip benches. I'm only using the wraps on my heaviest sets when my wrist starts to bother me. The thumbless grip takes most of ti away. but the weight wants to shove my hand back as if to break it, and the wraps help with the rest of it!

John O

• Getbig III
Re: wrist wraps
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
the only time I used them was.. a light pair on the last 2 weeks of bench training. Then  I used Inzer wraps the day of the meet. None off season.
Masters- 50-54
148#