Author Topic: AAS and High Blood Pressure  (Read 4475 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: AAS and High Blood Pressure
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »
What type of meds are u on now? Would it be wise in your opinion to throw in BP meds during cycles even though we may not have any high BP?

thanks.

I take 5mg of Norvasc daily. As for taking it during cycle I would get with your doctor about that.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
Well Zaney i can tell that you are not alone on this one. My mothers side of the family has low BP and my dads has high BP. I allways had average-low BP but after i got a lot bigger it went up a bit. It was nothing crazy, but i was getting headaches, which i normally don't get so my doctor suggested ENALAPRIL i take it 5-7.5 mg per day, it is a very good medication and pretty safe too. Now the only time i get headaches is when i'm under HEAVY STRESS. I had to contact 5 farmacies and 4 medical stores before i found an arm cuff that fitted me. When i go to the doc they use that thigh cuff for my arm. Those wrist meters are not good at all.

In case you want to know:
My current stats are:

height: 5'10
weight 286 (in the winter it was 304 and i dropped some with the "palumbo diet"
Current average BP readings are: 125-140/60-90

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
140/86 IS NOT TIME FOR CLONIDINE DIV.

I take clonidine for a few reasons.........mild hypertension is just one of them.

It's a therapeutic drug that raises GH output during sleep and also acts as a sleep aid.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
I'm 6"0, 262 .. pretty lean right now..about 10% at the most,  and I take diovan for bp... the doc said the bp is most likely cause of my steady weight gain, I've gone from 210 to 260'ish in the last 6-7 years (whlie bodybuilding) he says it's increased stress on my heart and circulatory system.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 03:14:18 AM »
I'll tell you guys high BP is nothing to fuck with, even if you do not have any symptoms: dizziness, blurry vision, headaches or general "bad feeling."

I hadn't spoken to my best friend for a while and yesterday i sended him an SMS and today he called me and said that his mother had passed on at age 42 while sleeping. She had popped a vein in her brain. She was a little obese, but nothing really fat, my first thought was high BP. 

DAMN.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 06:26:17 AM »
I'll tell you guys high BP is nothing to fuck with, even if you do not have any symptoms: dizziness, blurry vision, headaches or general "bad feeling."

I hadn't spoken to my best friend for a while and yesterday i sended him an SMS and today he called me and said that his mother had passed on at age 42 while sleeping. She had popped a vein in her brain. She was a little obese, but nothing really fat, my first thought was high BP. 

DAMN.

Ya know, there's no way to know how long we last. Try to keep the BP #'s  Sane, but in the end it might not matter.
How about my Pop? Smokes About 3 packs of unfiltered cigs a day from the age of 15.  He appears healthy at 67 yrs old.
Perhaps the liter of booze per week he knocks down counteracts the cigs?
Hes still working every day, climbing Ladders ::).  Nice work that you can smoke while you do it ya know?

Enjoy your life, no guarantees anyway you cut it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 09:38:38 AM »
Ya know, there's no way to know how long we last.
Enjoy your life, no guarantees anyway you cut it.

Good points trab.

one of my best friends from high school was a cardio machine. ran 5 miles every other day, lifted weights, ate clean, never did any drugs. he died of a heart attack at 20 after jogging 5 miles while preparing to go into the marines.

this woke me up and made me realize that no matter how healthy you are your card could get pulled at any time.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »
Good points trab.

one of my best friends from high school was a cardio machine. ran 5 miles every other day, lifted weights, ate clean, never did any drugs. he died of a heart attack at 20 after jogging 5 miles while preparing to go into the marines.

this woke me up and made me realize that no matter how healthy you are your card could get pulled at any time.

8)

Yup, contrast my description of my dad to a friend of mine's, HE NEVER drank or smoked, never swore. Lived and looked very healthy. Naturally strong big man. Not fat.
Dead of heart attack at about 55.

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 01:24:01 AM »
I go to the doc 1 time a month, and my BP has been slowly creeping up to where my bottom number just hit 100. I did just go on anadrol last month,  so he put me on Lopresor.
The stuff makes me pretty calm. BTW I think the doc knows I am on , but he never has asked.

angelo212

• Getbig I
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 01:28:41 PM »
Do many of u guys take blood pressure readings while on or off-cycle?

Is there a very significant connection between AAS and hypertension???

I've tested my readings on numerous occassions when off-cycle while visiting the doctor - they were okay (120/80) . However, recently I got a 140/86 .... which I find it hard to fathom as I ve been off for 1 month and I ran similar cycles as compared to the past (approximate 1g Test 8wks + 40mg Dbol 5wks + Tren Acetate 2 wks : all with about 8-10wks off period).

I wonder if its due to my nervousness at the Docs (white coat hypertension)....will be purchasing a home monitoring device soon.

Any guys wanna share experience??

Get a BP device that goes around your arm not your wrist. It is more accurate.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »
what do you guys think of 10mg lisinopril