Author Topic: The strongest man in the world!  (Read 16543 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: THIS IS LEGITIMATELY THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »
does Glenn ross compete anymore?

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »
does Glenn ross compete anymore?

Last I heard he was thinking about oing some powerlifting and thought he could hit over 2400 total raw

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
ive been saying this for a while now, Savikas is probably the strongest overall man on earth right now. if nothing else, he has the strongest shoulders of all time stronger even than kaz

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 11:03:54 PM »

when it comes to vertical pressing movements, he is not close to Taranenko and Reza Zadeh.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 11:12:24 PM »
kaz who? ???

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »
520 lbs

&mode=related&search=

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 04:22:48 AM »
but SF never posted a clear pic
if he posted a clear pic looking big and not that fat i would shut my mouth
is that ok with you SF?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 04:30:46 AM »
Savickas destroys Pudzianowski as far as sheer strength goes.

How about Pfister?
The House that Ruth built

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 05:44:25 AM »
How about Pfister?

Pfister is athletic for a guy his size and tall which is a HUGE advantage...he is strong no doubt but nowhere close to the other guys mentioned here

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 05:56:31 AM »
but SF never posted a clear pic
if he posted a clear pic looking big and not that fat i would shut my mouth
is that ok with you SF?

impossible. If he dieted down, he would be small.  ;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »
Pfister is athletic for a guy his size and tall which is a HUGE advantage...he is strong no doubt but nowhere close to the other guys mentioned here

He beat Pudz fair and square.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2007, 06:50:12 AM »
He beat Pudz fair and square.

Pudz is a great athlete but as far as pure strength is nowhere close to Savickas or Ross either...WSM is a made for tv even with relatively light weights being carried or moved with few pure strength events.  Arnold strongman is better indicator of pure strength which is why guys like Savickas generally win while Pudz doesn't fair so well

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 08:41:16 AM »
Pudz is a great athlete but as far as pure strength is nowhere close to Savickas or Ross either...WSM is a made for tv even with relatively light weights being carried or moved with few pure strength events.  Arnold strongman is better indicator of pure strength which is why guys like Savickas generally win while Pudz doesn't fair so well

Is the Arnold Classic televised at all?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 08:43:24 AM »
Is the Arnold Classic televised at all?
i think they put it on the Outdoor Life network the past couple of years.

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »
Mariusz Pudzianowski and Vasyl Virastyuk are my favorite strongman athletes. I have met Mariusz once at a local vitamin shoppe. He looks alot bigger in person than when you see him on tv or pictures.  Mariusz has the strength of a strongman competitor and the looks of a bodybuilder. 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »
kaz who? ???

Amazing lift!  Too bad it is not recognized.

Chris
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »
Amazing lift!  Too bad it is not recognized.

Chris

Why is that bad?

As empty as paradise

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »
For absolute brute strength I have to say a healthy Glenn Ross is stronger than Savickas

thats reminds me of he lee preiest pic where hes going to the fridge lol

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
Mariusz Pudzianowski and Vasyl Virastyuk are my favorite strongman athletes. I have met Mariusz once at a local vitamin shoppe. He looks alot bigger in person than when you see him on tv or pictures.  Mariusz has the strength of a strongman competitor and the looks of a bodybuilder. 

Virastyuk is impressive for sure, but had his ass handed to him awhile ago by the new star Andrus Murumets.

Currently, my top three rank is Savickas-Kokylaiev-Murumets.
As empty as paradise

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2007, 06:48:26 PM »
I dont know how guys with a gut that big can race to the finish line carrying over 500 pounds in their hands.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
This guy has to be on teh list as well

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007, 12:05:09 AM »
discuss.

Why? Because of the one hand dumbbell lift? How has he score on WSM competitions? Not at all?

He is lifting 172lb in that picture, putting all his strength and technique in it and this is amazing for you? I have seen with my own eyes how BB:er do barbell presses behind the neck with 451lb(205kg) while sitting down, so he is in fact using only his strength of the shoulder muscles and hands to do that. He did four reps without any help, so try to figure which one is bigger feat of strength to accomplish? You should understand that strong man competitions are entertainment and things which you see, has been modified to give the best show possible for spectators. If they would use only a olympic barbells and regular dumbbells, it would be like any other weight lifting competition. That's why they lift all those stupid things, like stupid dumbbells which has too thick grip. It cannot be too easy, or you don't get any spectators. That is also the reason why WSM competition are what they are: they measure lifters overall capacity, strength, speed and nerves, and that is only way to do it right. You cannot be a strongest, if you have only one good lift to show.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2007, 12:25:30 AM »
http://74.205.126.46/ironcms/morenewsv6.php?id=2105#2105

Glenn Ross: “Savickas is the Strongest Man on the Planet” by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2007 IronMind

“My concept of ultimate strength is like old-time circus-type strongman,” Glenn “The Daddy” Ross told IronMind, and he wants, “tests people can relate to. Let’s get back to stones, logs, carrying cars.”

Glenn Ross distinguishes between his vision of strongman and what he calls strength athletics; Ross wants to emphasize “power and power movements .. . it’s the distance carried, rather than the time,” he said.

Despite his clear preferences, Glenn Ross very much champions a free market in the strongman world, saying that, “It’s like a supermarket, and choices are good for the sport.”

“The skinny, faster guys” can go to the strength athletics end and “the bigger, powerlifting guys” can gravitate to his contests, Ross said.

Quick to praise Zydrunas Savickas as “strongest man on the planet,” Glenn Ross said that he wishes Savickas were free to compete wherever he would like. Referring to IFSA’s limitations on where its athletes can compete, Ross said, “They are doing to Savickas what was done to Ali,” referring to Muhammad Ali missing what would have been his best years when he was suspended from boxing.

“The sport isn’t big enough for that,” Ross said.

And talking power, just how is Glenn Ross doing these days? Very well, thank you.

”I’m going for 8 reps with 230 kg in the bench tonight,” said Ross, whose motto is, “Raw or not at all.” Glenn has also recently done a 185-kg log for two reps, and pressed his replica Thomas Inch dumbbell for 11 reps.

And talking raw power, Glenn said that he’s “almost there” in terms of hitting an 1100-kg total in powerlifting, with only a belt and knee wraps, adding that he is still working on where to stage his assault on a 400-kg squat, 420-kg deadlift and a 280-kg bench press.

Glenn Ross apparently is not the only person with this vision of how strongman contests should be designed and run, as he told IronMind, “This year’s UK Strongest Man will be aired on Sky Sports . . . a deal . . . that will take the sport of Ultimate Strongman to a new level.”

”The UK Strongest Man is now going into its fourth year,” said Ross, tracing its expansion year by year. “The UK Strongest Man has now grown to 5 x 1 hour programs scheduled for SKY, with several repeats of each show scheduled for this coming Christmas.”

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2007, 02:27:41 AM »
http://74.205.126.46/ironcms/morenewsv6.php?id=2105#2105

Glenn Ross: “Savickas is the Strongest Man on the Planet” by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2007 IronMind

“My concept of ultimate strength is like old-time circus-type strongman,” Glenn “The Daddy” Ross told IronMind, and he wants, “tests people can relate to. Let’s get back to stones, logs, carrying cars.”

Glenn Ross distinguishes between his vision of strongman and what he calls strength athletics; Ross wants to emphasize “power and power movements .. . it’s the distance carried, rather than the time,” he said.

Despite his clear preferences, Glenn Ross very much champions a free market in the strongman world, saying that, “It’s like a supermarket, and choices are good for the sport.”

“The skinny, faster guys” can go to the strength athletics end and “the bigger, powerlifting guys” can gravitate to his contests, Ross said.

Quick to praise Zydrunas Savickas as “strongest man on the planet,” Glenn Ross said that he wishes Savickas were free to compete wherever he would like. Referring to IFSA’s limitations on where its athletes can compete, Ross said, “They are doing to Savickas what was done to Ali,” referring to Muhammad Ali missing what would have been his best years when he was suspended from boxing.

“The sport isn’t big enough for that,” Ross said.

And talking power, just how is Glenn Ross doing these days? Very well, thank you.

”I’m going for 8 reps with 230 kg in the bench tonight,” said Ross, whose motto is, “Raw or not at all.” Glenn has also recently done a 185-kg log for two reps, and pressed his replica Thomas Inch dumbbell for 11 reps.

And talking raw power, Glenn said that he’s “almost there” in terms of hitting an 1100-kg total in powerlifting, with only a belt and knee wraps, adding that he is still working on where to stage his assault on a 400-kg squat, 420-kg deadlift and a 280-kg bench press.

Glenn Ross apparently is not the only person with this vision of how strongman contests should be designed and run, as he told IronMind, “This year’s UK Strongest Man will be aired on Sky Sports . . . a deal . . . that will take the sport of Ultimate Strongman to a new level.”

”The UK Strongest Man is now going into its fourth year,” said Ross, tracing its expansion year by year. “The UK Strongest Man has now grown to 5 x 1 hour programs scheduled for SKY, with several repeats of each show scheduled for this coming Christmas.”

sounds like Glenn has the right ideas all around. sounds like a good dude. all raw lifting, credit to Savikas, etc..

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »
Why? Because of the one hand dumbbell lift? How has he score on WSM competitions? Not at all?

He is lifting 172lb in that picture, putting all his strength and technique in it and this is amazing for you? I have seen with my own eyes how BB:er do barbell presses behind the neck with 451lb(205kg) while sitting down, so he is in fact using only his strength of the shoulder muscles and hands to do that. He did four reps without any help, so try to figure which one is bigger feat of strength to accomplish? You should understand that strong man competitions are entertainment and things which you see, has been modified to give the best show possible for spectators. If they would use only a olympic barbells and regular dumbbells, it would be like any other weight lifting competition. That's why they lift all those stupid things, like stupid dumbbells which has too thick grip. It cannot be too easy, or you don't get any spectators. That is also the reason why WSM competition are what they are: they measure lifters overall capacity, strength, speed and nerves, and that is only way to do it right. You cannot be a strongest, if you have only one good lift to show.
he has more than one good lift.....