Author Topic: A glaring example....  (Read 12611 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: A glaring example....
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »
I've been a PT for a year now......

Many experiences, many clients.......

I'm going to get my NASM, then I'll be set to do whatever I want wherever I want.

Right now I've got the NCCPT.

I sense your discomfort baby Kenneth.

I know which clients I can have adult conversations with and which ones are better left to shoptalk.

It's not hard to see the difference.

DIV

Yes, I figured you were new to PT.

Knny's point is extremely valid, it all seems good now, but one day it could backfire.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »
one day you'll be saying to yourself "i shouldn't have done that"

I would have phrased...."one day you'll be telling us"...but I know you better than that.

You might be right, Kenneth.

Though, I have always trusted my judgement and it's gotten me through alot more trying situations than this.

Give me some credit, bro.

It's pretty crappy to talk badly about your husband behind his back to some guy at the gym, even if you're shopping around.   :-\

She apologized for her candor the next day, though I brushed it off because I won't fault a woman for being honest with me. 

I don't know if she's shopping around, but I think she's attracted to me because of how she reacts when I touch her........

I don't think she sees me as just "some guy" at the gym, or she wouldn't reveal what she has already.

There's more there.........

Yes, I figured you were new to PT.

Knny's point is extremely valid, it all seems good now, but one day it could backfire.

Well, CQ, this isn't a career path.

It's a hobby.

I'm a Psychology major and I also study general pharmacology with a specific interest in anabolics.

One day "it" could backfire?

What?

I'm the same person when I train as when I'm off.

I don't believe in wearing a mask.

If that's seen as being unprofessional, so be it.

I won't compromise myself for a job....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 06:03:33 AM »
She apologized for her candor the next day, though I brushed it off because I won't fault a woman for being honest with me. 

I don't know if she's shopping around, but I think she's attracted to me because of how she reacts when I touch her........

I don't think she sees me as just "some guy" at the gym, or she wouldn't reveal what she has already.

There's more there.........

DIV

There's a difference between being honest, and being disloyal to someone you've exchanged vows with. Those are the kind of details about a married couple's personal life that shouldn't be shared with people you've just met at the gym, regardless of the rapport  ;) you might share.  Even if she's at the point of shopping around for someone with better "gas milage" it's just wrong imo.

Didn't you have this same kind of rapport with some 17-year-old (intellectually mature  :-X ) chicka who was having issues with her money honey?  :-\  I have found that people who start friendships by confiding and spilling their personal weaknesses and needs, usually end up being big takers and not so much givers... but again, maybe that's just my opinion. I hope you aren't preying on their weaknesses, even if it's subconscious, because it makes you feel good to be in the role of confidant.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 03:06:03 PM »
There's a difference between being honest, and being disloyal to someone you've exchanged vows with. Those are the kind of details about a married couple's personal life that shouldn't be shared with people you've just met at the gym, regardless of the rapport  ;) you might share.  Even if she's at the point of shopping around for someone with better "gas milage" it's just wrong imo.

Didn't you have this same kind of rapport with some 17-year-old (intellectually mature  :-X ) chicka who was having issues with her money honey?  :-\  I have found that people who start friendships by confiding and spilling their personal weaknesses and needs, usually end up being big takers and not so much givers... but again, maybe that's just my opinion. I hope you aren't preying on their weaknesses, even if it's subconscious, because it makes you feel good to be in the role of confidant.

I'm not one to judge her relationship, but I will listen and give observations based on what she tells me. 

I am a confidant for some and that probably won't change.

Life goes on.

DIV

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 04:22:13 PM »
I'm not one to judge her relationship, but I will listen and give observations based on what she tells me. 

I am a confidant for some and that probably won't change.

Life goes on.

DIV

Let me get out my yoga mat.  :)

Since you only favor the mud room entrance, you shouldn't be advising women how to get their love. Am I wrong? Please let all the women know how your obsession translates to us.  :)

Life does go on... meaning what? You said lovemaking technique is innate, and then said that it's something you learn. Should you keep posting?  Or think?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »
Let me get out my yoga mat.  :)

Since you only favor the mud room entrance, you shouldn't be advising women how to get their love. Am I wrong? Please let all the women know how your obsession translates to us.  :)

Life does go on... meaning what? You said lovemaking technique is innate, and then said that it's something you learn. Should you keep posting?  Or think?

I advised her that her husband's issue has do with him, not her persay and that a man's skills are innate.

Anyone can learn a skill, but the best lovers are intuitive and that is something that can never be learned from a book.

Mudroom entrance?

What are you talking about?

You'd be better served by saying exactly what you mean instead of using euphemisms.

Women in general would be better served that way, actually.

DIV

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »
I like the whole mudroom slang Dee uses

;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »

;)

lol.  :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 11:33:49 PM »

;)

You are more like a woman in some ways, Kenneth.

I'm honest with my clients.

If they ask, I'm going to give them my opinion.

...........and boy do they ask.   :P

DIV

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 02:02:21 AM »

:o  ...and Playboy calls ME a tease.  ::)

Div, if she's looking to get better gas mileage, send her to me.
I can't help her with her issues with her hubby, ...but I've got just the thing to help her get more miles per gallon
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 06:24:10 AM »
This is an interesting one. Her trying to pick you up is wrong as a married woman. I do find her abuse of the client/trainer relationship a nice twist on things.

True Premature ejaculation can be unlearned as a couple. Her husband could just get a little help but it would take real commitment on her part to bring the problem up in a way that salvaged his ego. She could also take one for the team and jump his bones in a half hour or so as we all know the second time around lasts longer. My point is that it's a problem that requires a couple soloution.

Some guy (I'm too lazy to look up his name) surmised that PE is a genetic survival mechanism. Apparently the pH change after female orgasm is too low and kills a lot of the sperm. Essentially a premature ejaculate has a much better chance of making a baby.

Everyone that deals with people in vulnerable positions eventually has to develop boundaries. Good boundaries protect the doctor, trainer, patient, money, etc... We all deal with people who will BS us. Once a hottie tried the old "I just broke up with my boyfriend and just want someone to hang with" line on me. I wished her good luck and watched as she rode away with her boyfriend, LOL! I get why she'd want to trade up just not why she'd think a guy like me would fall for something like that. A man's two biggest enemies in a situation like that are his ego and penis, no joke. :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
Some guy (I'm too lazy to look up his name) surmised that PE is a genetic survival mechanism. Apparently the pH change after female orgasm is too low and kills a lot of the sperm. Essentially a premature ejaculate has a much better chance of making a baby.

Sounds like some guy made up an excuse to keep premature ejaculators from getting cut off... permanently.

A man's two biggest enemies in a situation like that are his ego and penis, no joke. :)

True dat!  :D
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 02:12:35 PM »
Sounds like some guy made up an excuse to keep premature ejaculators from getting cut off... permanently.

True dat!  :D

Animals that were prey don't have time for romance, LOL! Also the external os dips into the cervix during the female orgasm and siphons some vaginal fluid. The pH difference is more than the swimmers can handle.

Funny thing is..... none of the women here called her out for hitting on the trainer. Most of you recognize that she was using buying power on a semi-captive audience to broach a touchy subject. The girl was fishing for Div but didn't have the right bait. :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 09:40:49 PM »
Animals that were prey don't have time for romance, LOL! Also the external os dips into the cervix during the female orgasm and siphons some vaginal fluid. The pH difference is more than the swimmers can handle.

what's an 'os'?

The girl was fishing for Div but didn't have the right bait. :)

::)  Or so he would have us believe.  :-\
w

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
Div, if she's looking to get better gas mileage, send her to me.
I can't help her with her issues with her hubby, ...but I've got just the thing to help her get more miles per gallon

....you missed the whole point of the post.

True Premature ejaculation can be unlearned as a couple. Her husband could just get a little help but it would take real commitment on her part to bring the problem up in a way that salvaged his ego. She could also take one for the team and jump his bones in a half hour or so as we all know the second time around lasts longer. My point is that it's a problem that requires a couple soloution.

That's the real issue, bringing it up in a way that doesn't scar the male's ego.  Most women don't know how to handle that because as women they can't identify with a male's perspective and the prospect of being told how to fix a problem that is intrinsically male.

It's an animal survival mechanism, true, and to some degree I think it applies to the base instincts in man.  Of course there are deeper psychological issues at work here and perhaps in this specific case there are external behavioural factors (which is my belief) but I truly give some credence to the physiological aspects of PE.

Everyone that deals with people in vulnerable positions eventually has to develop boundaries. Good boundaries protect the doctor, trainer, patient, money, etc... We all deal with people who will BS us. Once a hottie tried the old "I just broke up with my boyfriend and just want someone to hang with" line on me. I wished her good luck and watched as she rode away with her boyfriend, LOL! I get why she'd want to trade up just not why she'd think a guy like me would fall for something like that. A man's two biggest enemies in a situation like that are his ego and penis, no joke. :)

Trading up........heh......as if it's that easy.

Women sometimes make the biggest mistake in thinking that all guys are alike and that they'd fall for something so simple.

Women and assumptions.

As far as the ego and penis...........

With the amount of women I train and my specific taste in women, a blond tan woman with three kids in tow isn't going to have much of a chance to dent my standards.

My egoism, if it can be called that, is invested in the fact that my penis doesn't control my brain.

This is an interesting one. Her trying to pick you up is wrong as a married woman. I do find her abuse of the client/trainer relationship a nice twist on things.

Funny thing is..... none of the women here called her out for hitting on the trainer. Most of you recognize that she was using buying power on a semi-captive audience to broach a touchy subject. The girl was fishing for Div but didn't have the right bait. :)

I'm not sure if it's a conscious thought on her part or if it's just that she finds me attractive and captive leading to the whole transference scenario but I don't fault her for it.

I've already told her that she isn't my type and that I'd never date a woman with kids.

::)  Or so he would have us believe.  :-\

......I don't know you and I really don't care what you believe or disbelief.

You're another handle on a website, but one who takes great care in wanting me to invest more of my keystrokes on you.

There.   :-X

DIV

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 01:33:46 AM »
....you missed the whole point of the post.

uh-huh... on purpose too.

You're another handle on a website, but one who takes great care in wanting me to invest more of my keystrokes on you.

There.   :-X

DIV

Actually Div I really wish you wouldn't. I would love for this mastubatory egofest of a thread to end.
If you re-read my previous comment to Deedee, you'll know why I even bothered to continue to post in it. Sheesh  ::) 
w

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:56 AM »
uh-huh... on purpose too.

Actually Div I really wish you wouldn't. I would love for this mastubatory egofest of a thread to end.
If you re-read my previous comment to Deedee, you'll know why I even bothered to continue to post in it. Sheesh  ::) 

;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 06:09:19 AM »
Judi,

Os = technical name for cervical opening. It dips into the vagina (some geek actually did a video/study of this) during orgasm and can siphon up some of the fluid. The pH goes down after orgasm in that region but swimmers need an alkaline environment to live a little longer. A premature ejaculator has a way greater chance of his DNA being passed on. I shouldn't have gotten all technical. My only point was that there is an evolutionary benefit to PE beyond Div's psych example.

Back to the original idea. Usually, when someone (of the opposite) brings up a sexual dysfunction/problem it is a tacit invitation. Not saying they always want sex, a lot of times all they want is to feel the rush people get from being asked. But you really can't argue that a person saying I can't have an orgasm in a certain way isn't a challenge.

There's no other reason to mention an issue that personal to anyone, other than a therapist, beyond challenging them to give you an orgasm. At least Div was nice about it, LOL! If I were out drinking and a married chick pulled some crap like that I'd suggest she was the problem. :) You know, LOL! Intimacy issues. If the woman was single, hot and I was available...  "maybe you're just so good men can't control themselves" is the only correct response. :)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »
You are more like a woman in some ways, Kenneth.

I'm honest with my clients.

If they ask, I'm going to give them my opinion.

...........and boy do they ask.   :P

DIV

Not everbody is entitled to an answer let a lone an honest answer.

*Especially on certain topics*

Actually my friend....you're more like the girl.

You blab & blab like your in high school.

Men don't do that.  Hope this helps.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »
Don't talk about sex with your clients................. .period

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
Women sometimes make the biggest mistake in thinking that all guys are alike and that they'd fall for something so simple.

Women and assumptions.

DIV

potso...meet kettle.  ;)  You know every single woman on earth?  You've met EVERY woman in the universe?  Wow!  :o

btw... Mike is right. Very bad idea to talk about sex with clients, (even if it strokes your ego.)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »
potso...meet kettle.  ;)  You know every single woman on earth?  You've met EVERY woman in the universe?  Wow!  :o

btw... Mike is right. Very bad idea to talk about sex with clients, (even if it strokes your ego.)

In this case, an inflated one.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »

......and continue to post in it.

I rest my case.

Back to the original idea. Usually, when someone (of the opposite) brings up a sexual dysfunction/problem it is a tacit invitation. Not saying they always want sex, a lot of times all they want is to feel the rush people get from being asked. But you really can't argue that a person saying I can't have an orgasm in a certain way isn't a challenge.

There's no other reason to mention an issue that personal to anyone, other than a therapist, beyond challenging them to give you an orgasm. At least Div was nice about it, LOL! If I were out drinking and a married chick pulled some crap like that I'd suggest she was the problem. :) You know, LOL! Intimacy issues. If the woman was single, hot and I was available...  "maybe you're just so good men can't control themselves" is the only correct response. :)

Well it's a tacit inviation, obviously, esp considering her body language.

I tend to think she's relieved she can discuss this with someone other than other wives and get an honest appraisal of the situation.

I don't think she expects anything to happen on my part.

Not everbody is entitled to an answer let a lone an honest answer.

*Especially on certain topics*

Actually my friend....you're more like the girl.

You blab & blab like your in high school.

Men don't do that.  Hope this helps.

Actually, Kenneth, I tend to give honest answers to whomever asks.

Last time I checked I was very much the male, esp at the gym I train at.

I'm one of two lifters, the other trainers are more "fitness" oriented.

I've known enough women, of the same variety to guage them and what they mean when they say what they think they want, but only really know what they want at that particular second, not really any indicator of what they really want or think they want longterm.

That's women.

As Jack Nicholson said.......take a man and negate his reason, logic and accountability and you have a woman.

He's right.

DIV

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
I've known enough women, of the same variety to guage them and what they mean when they say what they think they want, but only really know what they want at that particular second, not really any indicator of what they really want or think they want longterm.

That's women.

As Jack Nicholson said.......take a man and negate his reason, logic and accountability and you have a woman.

He's right.

DIV

Based on your logic, we can safely deduce from your variety of posts that you only meet troubled women.  Perhaps you need to look within and wonder why that is.  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »
hey Div if it was Rose McGowan asking the questions would you bend it over your office desk?