Author Topic: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 8065 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 08:42:15 AM »
shiftedShapes is a total beast. he's a living breathing man mountain that shows whatever he's doing it works for him!

dont ever doubt him!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:57 AM »

squats are a quad and hamstring exercise.  i don't know what kind of weird stuff you're doing, but my impression was that the maximum ROM and maximum resistance would produce maximum results.  you're getting neither with your squats.  this is bodybuilding, not balancing.
hahhah Like it matters what YOU do. You have looked the same awful for 5-7 years now.  You even have used steroids and look worse than anyone on the board.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
Squats build up the ass as much as the quads.  Leg press is better.   Of course it is a replacement for squats.  Bob Chick and plenty bodybuilders have huge legs without squats.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 11:04:36 AM »
Squats build up the ass as much as the quads.  Leg press is better.   Of course it is a replacement for squats.  Bob Chick and plenty bodybuilders have huge legs without squats.

Yes the type of leg training I am recomending requires full body tension, so if you are affraid of building thick glutes this is not for you.  I'm not saying it's the only way to build legs either.  I doubt platz ever tried this, I'm just presenting an interesting theory for anyone who is open minded enough to try it.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »

your showing your ignorance.

they squat heavy for years and build up great size..then after building 30inch quads they can back off the heavy squat poundages and focus more on leg presses etc.

there comes a point where the risk of injury becomes to high...doing 550-600lbs squats week after week can become too much.

but when coming up, almost everyone with great legs built the foundation with squats.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »
so I'm doing these again today, as my balance is improving they are getting REALLY hard.  it Literally feels like I'm being crushed.  a great full body workout no doubt

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 01:16:28 PM »
are u using additional weight for this? Describe exactly how you're doing these, thanks.
follow the arrows

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »
are u using additional weight for this? Describe exactly how you're doing these, thanks.

no additional weight, without going into all of the concepts, I'll tell you practically what I'm doing.  I'm moving backwards from standing upright to a full squat (ass to the grass) whilst trying to stay as far back and upright as possible. 

It is a smooth, albeit slow, continuous motion, but first I'm leaning back as my arms extend forward with knees and waist unbent (I'm really moving at the ankle), then as this gets too hard I start to move back from the knee (but trying to keep the knees themselves from drifting forward), then when this gets too hard I start to let waist bend.  As you get lower it gets really hard and you have to let the knees drift forward a little bit and the upper body as well.

Give it a try, unlimited leg loading is at your disposal anytime anywhere..

BTW this is so hard I can never get more than one rep.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
no additional weight, without going into all of the concepts, I'll tell you practically what I'm doing.  I'm moving backwards from standing upright to a full squat (ass to the grass) whilst trying to stay as far back and upright as possible. 

It is a smooth, albeit slow, continuous motion, but first I'm leaning back as my arms extend forward with knees and waist unbent (I'm really moving at the ankle), then as this gets too hard I start to move back from the knee (but trying to keep the knees themselves from drifting forward), then when this gets too hard I start to let waist bend.  As you get lower it gets really hard and you have to let the knees drift forward a little bit and the upper body as well.

Give it a try, unlimited leg loading is at your disposal anytime anywhere..

BTW this is so hard I can never get more than one rep.
holy shit that's hard dude, I can barely even do the top 1/4th motion, lol! I'll give this a shot for now, since I'm not doing any "weight training" anymore for a few weeks, just sticking to BW exercises (because of ramadan). I tried 1 rep (well almost got half way through after almost falling over 3-4 times) and I can feel the burn in my lower quads.
follow the arrows

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
holy shit that's hard dude, I can barely even do the top 1/4th motion, lol! I'll give this a shot for now, since I'm not doing any "weight training" anymore for a few weeks, just sticking to BW exercises (because of ramadan). I tried 1 rep (well almost got half way through after almost falling over 3-4 times) and I can feel the burn in my lower quads.

well you can get past your sticking point by letting your knees drift forward a little bit more or letting your upper body drift forward, or a little bit of both.  This is just a way of counterbalancing.

Another possibility is starting from the bottom (deep squat with ass to calves) and trying to stand up.

I think the key is to go slow and adjust your body position as necessary so you are applying the maximum tension but not going so far back that you lose your balance.  Feel it out.

good luck, they are a great workout.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »
I did feel my balance started to improve with those- doing 1-legged sqts after that felt easier. Only problem I have is that I dont feel it is hard enough on the concentric motion, all the work seems to be involved in the eccentric (which is hard as shit). Let me know of idears, thanks.
follow the arrows